Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Throttle Body Spacer Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it increases HP like u guys say it does; wouldn't you think that the manufacter (Infiniti) would have design the TB with the air slots and spaced it out??? I can see adding a spacer on the plenum, but on the TB doesn't see like it will do anything... IdK though... U guys seem like salesman... Throw up track results...

Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I think this TB spacer argument would be more convincing if it were tested on the strip. Since it's such an easy mod to install (matter of 5 minutes) and the fact that many of you Cali guys run at the strip on a regular basis, if would be very easy to do a before and after. If the power increase is really that noticeable, then it surely should have an impact on 1/4 mile performance.

I'm all for cheap, simple, and effective mods, but from what I've read and seen (1/4 mile comparions, dynos) with Hondas, F-Bodies, and VQ Maximas, the spacer did nothing (negative nor positive). I have a hard time believing the G/Z VQ behaves any differently, but I could be wrong.

I understand what you are saying I plan on doing a before and after track runs.

The tracks here in cali suck because of the high elevation and crappy track conditions (prep).

I don't expect the TSB to really drop your overall ETs considering if you launch exactly the same way everytime. I think everything has to be the same everytime before and after to actually see if it works at the track.

I know most people here don't drag race so I quess it's about overall feel when driving everyday that they feel the gains.

I remember when I was N/A I had to install lots of mods just to get my ET down to low 14s.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
link to where one might buy one??

Old 09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by norcal_chan96
If it increases HP like u guys say it does; wouldn't you think that the manufacter (Infiniti) would have design the TB with the air slots and spaced it out??? I can see adding a spacer on the plenum, but on the TB doesn't see like it will do anything... IdK though... U guys seem like salesman... Throw up track results...
I've been to the track twice since I've had it on... the first time it was over 100 degrees and last time it was nearly 100... sorry, but I have no interest in schlepping in that hear uninstalling and re-installing.

The "salesmen" comment couldn’t be farther from the truth! If you want to read what lead to my inquisitiveness it all started in this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/149683-throttle-body-spacer.html

If you think me and all the others posting impression are creative enough to pull some kind of sales gimmick together with this amount of planning - wow... you are giving me way more credit than I deserve... This is by no means a "sales" gimmick... I could care less if you put one on your car.

I'm just telling people what happened in my quest. Take it or leave it.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
for those that have PM'd and asked out here where to buy one... the only place I've seen them for sale to the public is on Ebay... I tried to find the link that was in the thread that peaked my interest in this mod - but I couldn’t locate it... the link is in my post above, you might want to browse through it and see if you can find the Ebay one.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Premier Member

Smile

Originally Posted by OCG35
I've been to the track twice since I've had it on... the first time it was over 100 degrees and last time it was nearly 100... sorry, but I have no interest in schlepping in that hear uninstalling and re-installing.

The "salesmen" comment couldn’t be farther from the truth! If you want to read what lead to my inquisitiveness it all started in this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149683

If you think me and all the others posting impression are creative enough to pull some kind of sales gimmick together with this amount of planning - wow... you are giving me way more credit than I deserve... This is by no means a "sales" gimmick... I could care less if you put one on your car.

I'm just telling people what happened in my quest. Take it or leave it.
I meant no disrespct with the salesman comment... Just sayin u guys are very descriptive with your outcomes... Which is GOOD... But for me i just don't see how this mod gains... OK LATer

Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Throttle Bodies used to be big with carburated engines, but will it help us? Some think so.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Anybody else actually tried it? Sounds like "new and improved snake oil".

Is this the one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 09-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Littering and...
So just kinda summarizing quickly what I read from before, if you're using the one posted in the first post, do you think the groves are helping "rifle" the air?

Cause I see this one on ebay for $49 + $13 s/h and the grooves look nothing like the original pictures: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...spagenameZWDVW

Here is another one for $96.50: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stree...spagenameZWD1V

That's all I see from searches of: VQ35 throttle, 350z throttle, and G35 throttle.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as far as eveyone who is doubting the ones who spent the 100 or so dollars on getting one we all seem to be happy with it so if you dont want one then we dont care if you get one. We are just letting you know what we have experienced after we installed it and we are not taking them off so that might be a clue that it might just work. The one posted in the pic seems to be the one we all have tried the purpose of the grooves is to help the air make the turn more easily by adding a twisting motion to the air.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Littering and...
Originally Posted by cwhealon78
The one posted in the pic seems to be the one we all have tried the purpose of the grooves is to help the air make the turn more easily by adding a twisting motion to the air.
For $100 I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon and I will wait until I can get the exact one you guys have had your experiences with. I don't want to buy a $50 off ebay if it's not the right grove design.

So I will eagerly wait

Old 09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Paneraiguy
no that's a different type (the pic shows different machining on the inside)...

Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the right one is the one in the first post but make sure that the groves tapper off and when you install it make sure that the tappered end goes towards the plenum

Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cwhealon78
as far as eveyone who is doubting the ones who spent the 100 or so dollars on getting one we all seem to be happy with it so if you dont want one then we dont care if you get one. We are just letting you know what we have experienced after we installed it and we are not taking them off so that might be a clue that it might just work. The one posted in the pic seems to be the one we all have tried the purpose of the grooves is to help the air make the turn more easily by adding a twisting motion to the air.

for a 100 bucks I think most people are willing just to try it. Now where can we buy the same version?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by norcal_chan96
Well, couldn't you say that about most of our NA mods? Not sure where you are going with that statement

Mike, I will definately give the TB spacer a shot once I have the chance. After all the chit-chatting about the results, I am very looking forward to testing one out. But I will also try to be as open minded about the results as you would expect.

I really don't mind at all, especially considering how basic & cheap a TB spacer is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer Review