Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads

Alright I'll start off the shotgun here...

BANG!!!!

As of now I have one Mod with 13K on it. My EBC Greenstuff brake pads that I purchased for my Brembo brakes from www.tirerack.com.

Install:
The install was fairly easy like any normal brake pad. You do need to put Brake Lubricant on the back of the pad (the part that touches the pistons). Please note that some pads come with this already on.

Initial impressions:
At first I was very careful. They didn't have as much bite as the stock Brembo pads but the stopping power seemed to be similar. I wasn't worried about not having as much bite because I had to slam on the brakes a few times and they stopped right away. For these pads one must press a little harder on the brake as oppsosed to the stock pads.

Extended driving:
There is where I feel in love. The brake dust IS GONE! The Greenstuff pads put out literally 10% of the brake dust as the stock pads do! My washes lasted soo much longer! My wheels shine 3-4+ days of regular highway / city driving rather than being cover in dust the second day. I have never heard one sqeak or anything from these pads as of yet.

Track Driving:
A few times I took them to tracks and roads where I used the brake and pushed them alot. When heated up they still have great stopping power but as I kept pushing them, the stopping power decreased ALOT so be VERY careful. My Brembo slotted rotors (recently purchased) will correct this problem. What is happening (I believe) is that there is a layer of gas forming on the pad preventing them from gripping the rotor. I think this was more of a rotor problem. Once cooled down they went back to their normal state of activity.

Conclusion:
I recommed these pads to ANYONE! They have no brake dust, a great life span. I haven't changed them yet and I still have alot of pad left after 13K (my stock pads wore out at 12K). They don't sqeak or give me any problems. They keep my washes and wheels clean. For $129.00 dollars for both front and rear pads I don't think anyone can ever go.

I give them a thumbs up. If you are looking into brake pads, look at these [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks - Joey Avino