Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Dyno'd Z-tube+K&N replacment filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Espresso
Are guys serious about feeling 4-5 extra hp? I did the Z-tube/K&N swap and to be honest, I can't feel crap. Maybe hear a slightly different tone but that's about it. I'm very surprise anyone can honestly claim they can feel a 1-2% increase in hp.
if you want to hear a SERIOUS difference, remove the 'power duct' from the air box....trust me, you'll thank me later

Old 02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it easy to take out the Power Duct? I am about to put the Ztube/K&N in this weekend. I'd might as well take out the Power duct too it sounds lie right?

Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 AM
man all these review on intakes are confusing me. i dont even know what to go with. i mean damn it, seems like our cars come pretty damn good as they are. hard to have an unbiased opinion here and for some people their sensetivity to what they can feel from a intake is all relative to me so i guess ill just have to go with something from the information i can find.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Such has been the problem since the HP wars restated. Asuming one wishes to maintain emission standards..............very little in the way of increased power is cheap to achieve. Sure you can find 1,2,3,4,5 HP maybe even 10 RWHP.

Careful of companies that might persuade dyno operators to support their claims. Careful to study the entire power band for losses vs stock.

I have a friend whose shop storage has multiple [4] trashed V6 3.5 from bad installs [not his] of after market parts [mostly superchargers] where people took the low bid!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
REVIVED! woot

Has OP returned to the dyno and tried doing the WOT passes as Hydrazine suggested? I installed a ztube last month and I've done a few mountain runs and I can't feel much of an increase in terms of Power. Sound difference is only slight to me.
If the ztube causes any loss of torque compared to stock gtube, I'm going swap it out right away. :@

Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by liukai
if anyone else reads this, i took out my K&N, and left the z-tube in the car. After talking to the mechanic at Infiniti, we discussed several aftermarket mods, and i asked for his input. He said the K&N filter is a great filter, adds great sounds, and for the most part, a little more power for most cars. . .BUT, for teh G35, it will not improve performance over teh stock filter. It will of course provide a more aggressive sound, but as performance goes, the stock filter was designed very well. I listented to him, especially after experiencing sh*ty MPG with the k&N, and a slight improvement back with stock. as far as power, nothign noticeable, but better safe than sorrie.
does he own a G though?