San Diego G35 Club GTG

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
front lip,sides. some other little things custom exhaust and then interior and audio

Old 10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrefever
i dont rub im just super low. my y pipe is about 1½ inchs off the ground and i didnt want to risk anything going up when i drive down here i go 65-70 i just wasnt familiar with the freeways going up to lbc

mark why u gotta say that hahahahhaa
LOL, hadda do it... couldn't resist

Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Over the hill...almost

Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok question for you guys, I'm having a hard time figuring out which route to go first.

MODIFICATION: Which should I do first

BODY (widebody, custom rims, new paint, etc) vs. Engine (TT or watever)

Two people giving me two different suggestions. I can do the body work so it looks nice and what not, feel good about driving it, look different, show quality etc. Plus I most likely will get watever I need for free for the body and the wheels almost free really cheap. Just paying for paint, install and what not. Then I can do the engine later when I don't have or almost paid off the car so if (IF) I blow the engine somehow..I can afford to get another temp car while I fix the engine etc.

vs.

Doing the engine now because one suggestion said he guarantees that I would have to repaint the car if I went BODY first, then engine. I mean I don't know why I would have to repaint the car if I did the engine later.

Plus, right now I can't afford to blow the engine of my only car and I'm still paying for it.

You guys get what I'm trying to say?

Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm not saying I'm going to blow the engine. But sh$t happens and I don't wanna be paying a car payment on a car sitting in a garage while it's waiting to be fixed.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I rather do the interior stuff first before i do any painting or body modification. IMO

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by BKZJAYY718
I rather do the interior stuff first before i do any painting or body modification. IMO
Cool thanks Jayy.....

But that wasn't one of my options. lol.. I'll actually do that after. Interior I'm not too worried about that right now. That's easy. I can just have a pro like you install what I want.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
do ur exterior 1st, then people will be looking forward to a new power setup Vs you going FI and everyone telling you, you need to upgrade the stock exterior.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
i would do exterior first, like you said so you can finish it up and since ur getting a hella good hook up. plus youll almost be done paying it off for the engine mods when u do them

Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same. Now another question with some points.

APR Widebody or Non widebody (the kit I have now)

If I go with widebody I have to pay a lot more for paint cause I'd have to paint the entire car (might as well), plus I'd need custome wheels and tires would cost a grip. As a daily driver.....damn..

Or I could just get the normal set up etc and go for the widebody later????? Maybe if I get another daily? It would be easier to fix normal kits if damaged, less cost as well.

I really want to go wide body but money wise right now, I have to wait til end of the year to do the widebody if I did. Just the cost to paint my whole car a new color. The APR kit itself I'm not worried about the cost.

Next month I'll have enough to pay for paint on the normal kit and get my wheels. Would just take longer if I decide to go with widebody but not a lot of people has it....that I've seen at meets, big meets anyway.

Any constructive thoughts, opinions and what not?

Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 AM
full Chargespeed kit would be pretty agressive and still pretty rare on driver. or you could go for the clean look and do a Inven or K2 front + Impul or Nismo sides + CS rear + data lip spoiler or new Mach III molded trunk. you could always do fender flares later on and just add spacers to normal agressive G fitment wheels.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 AM
^^^ what mark said!!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
full Chargespeed kit would be pretty agressive and still pretty rare on driver. or you could go for the clean look and do a Inven or K2 front + Impul or Nismo sides + CS rear + data lip spoiler or new Mach III molded trunk. you could always do fender flares later on and just add spacers to normal agressive G fitment wheels.
Thanks Mark, I like those that you mentioned but if I'm not going widebody I really like to go with what I have now. Greddy front, Kenstyle Rear + side skirts. Seibon CF Front fenders with vents (like Justin's). Carbon fiber trunk and if it can hold APR GTC 200 CF Spoiler or normal trunk with it. I know most people probably has the Kenstyle + Greddy set up but I really like that look. If I had the money I was going to combine the APR widebody to my front and rear through fabrication.

Thanks guys, and we shall see where I'm at by end of November.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by djjoelb48
Thanks Mark, I like those that you mentioned but if I'm not going widebody I really like to go with what I have now. Greddy front, Kenstyle Rear + side skirts. Seibon CF Front fenders with vents (like Justin's). Carbon fiber trunk and if it can hold APR GTC 200 CF Spoiler or normal trunk with it. I know most people probably has the Kenstyle + Greddy set up but I really like that look. If I had the money I was going to combine the APR widebody to my front and rear through fabrication.

Thanks guys, and we shall see where I'm at by end of November.

joel let me know if you want my coils.... but ive seen a few people with that set up, the greddy front and ks sides n rear. if your goign to get a APR GTC spoiler a cf trunk might crack due to the drilling of the holes to hold the spoiler or due to stresses caused by some of the downforce produced. Also youll have to think about your paint scheme for your hood. Also the wheel color will be another big issue, ill text u about something.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
joel let me know if you want my coils.... but ive seen a few people with that set up, the greddy front and ks sides n rear. if your goign to get a APR GTC spoiler a cf trunk might crack due to the drilling of the holes to hold the spoiler or due to stresses caused by some of the downforce produced. Also youll have to think about your paint scheme for your hood. Also the wheel color will be another big issue, ill text u about something.
I'll look into that spoiler issue. I might leave the hood unpainted, or might paint it along with the body. We'll see. As for wheels, I'm looking to get the Gram Lights but I have to wait til after SEMA. Might be getting a great hook up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: San Diego G35 Club GTG