San Diego G35 Club GTG

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^ it would look good, since your car is red... the chrome would work good and the ti lips would work well once u get the topsppeed tips... but maybe gold or bronze would look bad *** as well

Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
^^^ it would look good, since your car is red... the chrome would work good and the ti lips would work well once u get the topsppeed tips... but maybe gold or bronze would look bad *** as well
yea it would look sick. If I can get those for a really good price, then yea. There's a lot of ish going down on my end and I just need more money and make up my mind for one. If I do decide to go custom widebody I have to save more because the fabrication of what I'd like to do would cost a grip. Even with our hook ups. Oh and the paint. If I go wide then I'm painting it a different color maybe and the price of the paint job depending on the color too. I'm trying not to stress about it but I'm excited. I just gotta be patient.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by djjoelb48
Cool thanks Jayy.....

But that wasn't one of my options. lol.. I'll actually do that after. Interior I'm not too worried about that right now. That's easy. I can just have a pro like you install what I want.
Well not interior , but engine stuff i guess.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
My wife's car is due for the 60k service. Any recommendations on who to take it to here in San Diego.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
i will schedule this coming weeks meet... ill have location etc etc

Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Any meets up in I.E ????

Old 10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh8csP8j0298A196Qg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh8csP8j0298A196Qg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Old 10-10-2009, 11:32 AM
^^^ this guy hahhaha

Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Joel,

Just my opinion, do the motor work first (if you truelly plan on doing both) Reason being is that if you do the body first, the shop that does your motor work will have to be extremely cautious not to mess up the body while they are doing the performance side of things. at least if you have the motor being worked on with the car still needing body work, little nicks and dings will be taken cared of while the body work is being done later anyways. Now, if the motor work is only an IF, then go with what you know you will truely want done

Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 AM
NICE vid!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
If the shop damages the exterior, they are liable, and a customer should hold them to fixing the damage.

Joel, for the route you are going, definitely finish out the exterior. With the budget I think you have, it would be much much better for you to stay non-widebody. Oh, and I can't wait to see you get the Gram Lights that you've wanted for so long.
Shawn - I was thinking I could always take off like the bumper, fenders etc when and if I do get the engine done. The only thing I could think of getting scratch and watever else is the engine bay. But I'm not going to stress over that just yet. Even if they pulled the engine out, I saw a vid where they put this Z on a lift and lifted the car up and the engine just came out from the bottom, they built it, put on the Greddy TT etc. and lowered the car back into place at the end.

Justin - Well the budget isn't a really big problem, I'd just take a little more time to save up if I wanted to go wide, I most likely could get a widebody kit for free but if I wanted to customize the kit then that will cost me. It's just justifying having it now rather than later. I mean if I had another daily driver then I could keep the car at home more and lessen the chance of damaging it. I mean I wasn't going to go widebodyto begin with because the kit was like 5k but when that opportunity to get one for free was presented and all I needed to save for was paint, it got me thinking. Maybe I will just put the normal kit on and do the Gram Lights for now and save up for the dream of widebody with FI engine, by that time the car would be paid off already and I could get another daily.

Thanks for the inputs guys

Old 10-12-2009, 04:13 AM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
If the shop damages the exterior, they are liable, and a customer should hold them to fixing the damage.

Joel, for the route you are going, definitely finish out the exterior. With the budget I think you have, it would be much much better for you to stay non-widebody. Oh, and I can't wait to see you get the Gram Lights that you've wanted for so long.
you are speaking from a standpoint of just shelling out the money. I'm talking about the experience of doing motor work on cars that just had major body work done. And if there will be any custom paint done, that will be the last thing you truely should do on the list. Much better chance of a perfect flow if the body work is last on the list

BTW, anyone recall the guys name with the red G coupe with the Red 5 star rims with black lip. just saw him today by Hazard Center when we were leaving the movies

Old 10-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by importroller
you are speaking from a standpoint of just shelling out the money. I'm talking about the experience of doing motor work on cars that just had major body work done. And if there will be any custom paint done, that will be the last thing you truely should do on the list. Much better chance of a perfect flow if the body work is last on the list

BTW, anyone recall the guys name with the red G coupe with the Red 5 star rims with black lip. just saw him today by Hazard Center when we were leaving the movies
Thanks, everyone has good points. Either way, I have a lot of thinking to do. If I decide to go wide or work on engine first. I will have to wait quite a while before engine work funds are available.

Another point given to me was, "do the body work and feel good about walking up to my car, looking all sexy "there will always be faster cars than yours" was what he said.

Shawn- couldn't I just take off the front fenders and front bumper when engine work is being done?? They'd have to be really reckless if they F up anything else. I mean if I go the engine route first, I definitely won't have anything done on my car until 2-3 years from now. lol

Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Anyways, thanks for your inputs. I'll just have to wait and see which way I go.

On another note: Anyone know why my driver side window keeps rolling down about half way when I close the door? It didn't do that when I first bought the car. Or like sometimes I will do the "one click" to close the window and it won't stay closed I have to hold the damn button up for 5 seconds . HELP?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Joel's aunty

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhC56q9ZLW5HXd0T55"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhC56q9ZLW5HXd0T55" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: San Diego G35 Club GTG