SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

Miami Auto Shops

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by blkonblk350gt
I have a guy that details. Does sick work. He will drive to you depending on location and is not very expensive. Hes in kendall. He charged me 95 to wash, swirl removal, clay and wax the car.
Chin??

TO everyone that wants to know why I say do not take your car to speed shop.

Ps, Here is why I lost trust with Johan and Speed Shop just so you dont think I am being biased for no reason.

About 3.5 to 4 years ago I went to SpeedShop as I was a regular buyer as a vendor to them. I own a computer repair & service corporation. I fixed several of their systems and sticker printers and worked out a deal with Johan. I told him all i wanted was a smaller turbine for my GT4088. I was willing to pay but he insisted that his cousin would "hook it up". I brought my turbo in which is a GT4088 with the 1.34 A/R turbine. I wanted a .82 A/R. I was asked to leave it at Speed Shop so that he can take it to his cousin. 30 days went by I called to verify the status of it. Johan stated it is at his cousins shop and here is his # keep in touch with him...\

Called his cousin and no answer.

Called the shop a lady answers and he is on vacation to call back in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later I call dude has no idea what I am talking about.

I call johan, Johan "calls him" I call his cousin afterwards, then cousin says
"OHHHH Yeah, well I cannot do anything for your turbo so give me a day or two and I'll have Johan take it back".

3 days later I call Johan and he has no idea about anything, seems to get aggravated with the situation and tells me to come back a week later.

a Week later Johan goes on vacation.

I get aggravated and his mother steps in to help as she has seen I have still remained helpful when their pc's were breaking due to employees.

I got truly pissed called his cousin asked for my turbo and sent some associates to his shop to pick up my turbo. When they got there the turbo is no where to be found then shortly thereafter it magically appears.

Since I was 20 miles away I had them inspect the turbo to make sure no one has tampered with it and they walked out.

Since then I have yet to hear from Johan, never recieved the .82 A/R which Garrett does make and have a part number for the actual part and further more was never compensated for my services performed at his shop.

Johan is a nice guy, as any business his prices are high because the demand is high for the performance mods. If you want it done cheap, do it yourself.

but imho, Johan is a nice guy bad business man.

His mechanics (when I was there) are just that mechanics, non performance nor detailed oriented as someone here stated they just speed through cars to get that money but dont see that all the details are finalized for the end product. Perhaps if Johan was there inspecting the overall process then it'll be much better.

Anyhow, I wish him much luck but I do not support his business ethics due to the fact of how I was treated.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brembo or non brembo? I just renewed my brakes (non brembo) with extreme stp rotors and hawk pads. Bought all the parts(instock) from murrays speed shop for under 500. Eli or danny for the install. talk soon bro mike

Old 06-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tian
Spinna here does great work
Thanks Tian. Yea Mike you need to come thru so i can take care of your g. If you have a hose i can come to you. Right now is the best time to start before the summer gets toooooo hot!!!! Hit me up

Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the non-brembo brakes. I am looking for a setup better than stock, but nothing too fancy, just something better quality that will last for awhile. Any combo's you guys think are best? I did get a quote for some Hawk PC's and dba 4000 rotors from Ravspec, any thoughts on this setup?

Spinna, where are you located? I definitely want to have a full detail done at some point in the near future. From what I've seen, the previous owner of the car was a jackass who didn't know how to take care of the car. There are lots of swirls and light scratches that need to be removed. I'm confident I can maintain the paint once it goes through a full detail, but not confident in my ability to remove the swirls and light scratches.

The previous owner decided to paint the calipers red, but must have been too lazy to remove them or cover the rotors so there is some overspray on the rotors. It has been bugging me from day one, which is part of the reason I want new rotors.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Spinna, that was a dumb question...I see you are located in Lake Worth. I'd definitely be willing to drive there for a good detailing job. I dunno if it would be worth waiting until after hurricane season or doing it sooner. I was given a company vehicle so my G doesn't leave the garage too often at the moment.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bigindian869
Spinna, that was a dumb question...I see you are located in Lake Worth. I'd definitely be willing to drive there for a good detailing job. I dunno if it would be worth waiting until after hurricane season or doing it sooner. I was given a company vehicle so my G doesn't leave the garage too often at the moment.
It is up to you. I just prefer to do it when its not that hot. When i detail start at like 6am

Old 06-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by AltimanGxe
ohh fyi,

at the dealer the 3 service representatives:

Steve Anteen is a VERY technically inclined service rep
Danny Zombrano is cool dude to get along with not as knowlegable as Steve or Julio.
Julio Lopez knows a lot about G's M's SR20's and Altima SE'R's.

Steve and Julio on a weekly along with several mechanics go to the track and play..
^+1 Very cool guys.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work @ Hybrid-Werks and we are located in Medley, FL (SOUTH HIALEAH). We do performance work and routine maintenance as well.

Hybrid-Werks
7725 NW 75 Ave
Medley, FL 33166
305 884 6991

Old 06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by R1ricer
I work @ Hybrid-Werks and we are located in Medley, FL (SOUTH HIALEAH). We do performance work and routine maintenance as well.

Hybrid-Werks
7725 NW 75 Ave
Medley, FL 33166
305 884 6991
R1ricer, how much do you guys charge for brake installation (pads and rotors)? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to discuss pricing in the public forum.

I have tried calling South Motors Infiniti several times today and cannot get a single person to pick up, it is really frustrating. I have also asked the operator to transfer me to different people and still every time it goes to voicemail. I left a message early this morning as well and no one has called me back. I'll probably make take a trip there tomorrow morning if I can't get anyone to answer.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM replied

Old 06-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by spinna001
It is up to you. I just prefer to do it when its not that hot. When i detail start at like 6am
what you talking about its hot in FL during the summer 24/7!

I 28 hour detailed my car in july shizz was hot.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
what you talking about its hot in FL during the summer 24/7!
You're not kidding, being from Atlanta its not so much the temperature that is an issue here because it gets in the high 90's on a fairly regular basis, but the humidity is killer. I'm working on a project in the Everglades (well, just outside the Everglades) and when I talk about the heat all the locals chuckle and say "just wait, it hasn't even gotten that hot yet." Between that and the prediction of a bad hurricane season this year makes for an exciting time....wahoo.

Last edited by bigindian869; 06-04-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
how da fukzers do u do a 28 hour detail? hahahaha that must've called for lots of red-bulls n monsters n sugar injections str8 into the vein!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
lol, It was spread over 2 days. I did 2 step polish, I did 6 passes with both polishes.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
noooiice!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miami Auto Shops