SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

Miami Auto Shops

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miami Auto Shops

I recently moved from Atlanta to Miami for my job and I was looking for a trustworthy and reliable shop that I can trust to work on my car. Right now I am just looking for routine maintenance type work and I really don't trust any shops in my area (Homestead) so I was looking for some advice. I read in a thread from a few years ago about Miami Speed Shop, but then when researching online I found reviews from various people that were either really positive or really negative so I was looking to see if that is still the place to go or if something has changed.

I was also recommended a place (can't remember the name at the moment) in West Palm Beach, but I'd rather find somewhere closer if possible since WPB is an hour and a half away. Any input is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Depends on what ur looking to do. I believe ur close to Eli in Homestead. He seems to be a very cool guy and I believe has his own shop also. That might be a place to start.. Regular maintenance stuff shouldn't be that hard to get done. I think his username is r1cer or sumthin i think... not sure

Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
IF you do go to speed shop make sure that the owner johan is looking over what ever your getting done to it or you yourself are looking over it. The reason why it gets bad reviews is because of their mechanics. They just want to finish and go on to the next car therefore missing things and not doing things right. I would suggest japtrix.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Blkonblk, where is Japtrix?

Elperuano, At the moment, I am just looking to get my brakes done (change the pads and rotors) so nothing complicated, I just didn't want to take it to the dealer and pay ridiculous amounts for lesser quality parts than I could buy myself and get installed. I've been searching for a quality shop in Homestead, but I haven't been able to find one yet through my searches, but I will try to find out about more about Eli. If he is good and local then that would be ideal.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
japtrix is in west palm beach >.< I know kind of far but they do good work.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Hmmm...thanks for your input blkonblk, I will def look into japtrix...for some reason I thought it was further north. The place a coworker mentioned was Road N Race in WPB, anyone heard of it? Though, if both are in WPB then I guess it would make more sense going to Japtrix.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
You wanna go to Japtrix. The only place that will touch my car mechanically. Them and Danny.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
A

Dont go to Speed Shop.

B. Welcome to Miami.

You will find that 90% of all shops just want your money and "Yeah man I can do that" then come time to get your stuff it's done half @$$ or worst charge you for something that wasn't even damaged.

If you do drop it off somewhere where the reputation has not been validated try to stand next to the car or in the vicinity.

C.

For maintenance since you are in Homestead go to South Motors Infiniti, ask for Julio Lopez 305-256-2000 the address is 16915 S. Dixie Hwy.

There is also another small shop called Fynetune Performance. They are near Tamiami Airport on SW 137 AVE and 136ST. They typically work on Evo's but over all very knowledgable in the performance side of cars.

regardless, Julio @ south motors infiniti does know A LOT about VQ's SR's and so do the mechanics. They go to the tracks on a weekly basis meet with their clients and share ideas and help one another. You will become a close friend quickly as they dont just work on your car because they are the dealer.....

If you call Julio tell him you heard of him from Eric with the 03 red Sedan from Gdriver.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
ohh fyi,

at the dealer the 3 service representatives:

Steve Anteen is a VERY technically inclined service rep
Danny Zombrano is cool dude to get along with not as knowlegable as Steve or Julio.
Julio Lopez knows a lot about G's M's SR20's and Altima SE'R's.

Steve and Julio on a weekly along with several mechanics go to the track and play..

Old 06-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work at the Lexus Dealership here in WPB. I do work on the side and I am a "G" guy. If ya need some help, drop me a line. You buy the beer, I got the time.

Chris

Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it. CALex, I might take you up on that offer. I'll also call South Motors Infiniti and Japtrix tomorrow and get a quote.

In a completely unrelated topic, can anyone recommend a good detailer in the area?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I have a guy that details. Does sick work. He will drive to you depending on location and is not very expensive. Hes in kendall. He charged me 95 to wash, swirl removal, clay and wax the car.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Hold The Line

Originally Posted by bigindian869
Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it. CALex, I might take you up on that offer. I'll also call South Motors Infiniti and Japtrix tomorrow and get a quote.

In a completely unrelated topic, can anyone recommend a good detailer in the area?
Spinna here does great work

Old 06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Spinna is my mans. Although I haven't gotten a chance to get him to hook up my car I've heard good stuff bout his detailin skills

Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Hold The Line

Do it. He left my ride soft like a babys @ss

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miami Auto Shops