The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Brakes look great, did you use the G2 caliper paint?
Thanks!
I didn't..... The paint thing was an after thought whilst swapping the lug nuts and doing some checking up on each corner. I had a 99 cent gloss black I used on the disc top hats and some Rustoleum "Aluminium" coloured paint I used on the calipers. The Ally coloured spray paint was what I had left over from my Tablet dash install.

I've driven the car ~50 miles or so and got some good heat through the brakes and they don't seem to have caused any imperfections in the paint. The cheap black on the top hats may behave funny in a while but I'm sure the rustoleum will hold up well.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (11-21-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
Looks good I would like to see those wheels in a silver or gray. What wheels are those. When I get my next big paycheck I'm gonna repaint calipers, bumper, side mirrors and wrap the chrome trim around doors.
Thanks.
The wheels are IForged Sprint - 3 piece Forged 20x9.5/10.5 - I bought used with no centercaps, found these HRE ones cheap and I preferred the colour scheme anyway. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels simply because it hides a lot of the features and definitions. The orange pinstripe helps to reveal the size of the rim but the matt black faces are always shady and stain easily. The paint is chipped/peeled off in areas and I am toying with the idea of refinishing them, just need to find some time. I was thinking to chemically remove the matt black and bring the ally back to a full polish or brushed finish. But then I'd also have to do something with the dishes, maybe the same or leave them gloss black....not sure. I like the copper/rose gold anodized finishes too but those finishes aren't something I can do at home myself. Also not sure how long I'll keep the wheels or even the car for so plans are all up in the air.
Still need to at least find and order the pinstripe that is missing on this side rear....

Old 11-21-2016, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my G back in late June and finally installed a Stillen Z tube with a K&N drop in filter.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
I forgot to say what I did today. I decided to do the front turn signal mod which I advise everyone to do. No reason from the factory our side bumper lights aren't blinkers also.

A quick DIY for anyone wanting to do the front turn signal mod. Its one of the easiest beneficial mods anyone can do.

All it is instead of the horrible DIY on this forum. Passenger side blinker + wire tapped into the ground from the side marker light. Purple/White on passenger side and Green/White on drivers side. Cut the black ground wire which is 1 of 2 wires on your bumper light and wire that ground into the purple or green wire going into your blinker. Cap off the other end of the cut side marker cut wire and that's it.
i did this mod as well but with the way you are wiring this you are running the positive and grounding it through the positive of the turnsignal. im assuming the blinking is opposite the actual turn signal blink?

Old 11-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
i did this mod as well but with the way you are wiring this you are running the positive and grounding it through the positive of the turnsignal. im assuming the blinking is opposite the actual turn signal blink?
Hey cakestar do you have instructions on how you tackled this? I'd really like to do this also.
Thanks.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
Headlights on blinking is alternating and headlights off they are in sync. Lights on its basically like a sequential rear brake light if you will.

While on the topic anyone know how to do the rear turn signal mod without a module. The one that uses the other light as a blinker

Old 11-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexxG35
I got my G back in late June and finally installed a Stillen Z tube with a K&N drop in filter.
If you look about 5-7 posts up you will see my before and after pics. Time for you to do a Wire Tuck and some engine painting

Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by twitch
Hey cakestar do you have instructions on how you tackled this? I'd really like to do this also.
Thanks.
what i did is used a diode dynamics tail as turn module and wired the parking light and turnsignal light together. it has the same effect as what was described. when headlights are on and turn signal on they will alternate blinking. i fixed this by tying both the turn signal to the headlight and parking light on the same wire. so when they do alternate blinking its rear tails and front lights that will alternate and not headlight and side marker being out of sync. this method also wont run power backwards through the positive line.

i was originally hoping just to use diodes but the parking light uses a full 12v. i thought itd be like 5v or something. if you want to do this the absolutely correct way u would want to put a resistor to drop 12v down to 5-6v on the parking wire line and then use two diodes. one from the turn signal and one on the parking light wire. this wont have any out of sequence blinking.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Headlights on blinking is alternating and headlights off they are in sync. Lights on its basically like a sequential rear brake light if you will.

While on the topic anyone know how to do the rear turn signal mod without a module. The one that uses the other light as a blinker
you would basically have to make a module or just use the dd one. why not use theirs? no problem using it. no way to use the leds as turn without either cutting the brake function or having a module to swap the signals

Old 11-23-2016, 05:51 PM
cant tell if this is too much blue.... i just wanted an accent but now its like almost too much blue. the center consol controls and everything are all white, im only accenting with blue because after adding white leds to the back of the lcds it turned the background blue. thoughts?

my phone isnt capturing the color of the gauges right, its actually much darker blue like this:

im wondering if i should just go all white and leave the needles blue, or even just chaning the needles white and leaving the outside blue or changing them all white

Old 11-23-2016, 06:05 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Cakestar, your gauge cluster looks awesome in that color. Too bad you too far away because I'd pay you to do mine. I'd do the tire monitoring light in red.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:08 PM
is it not too much blue? **** doesnt look stock. lol i want a stock looking cluster. i have a feeling im going to rip off all the blue vinyl that took me hours to do and keep it white. only reason i accented blue is bec after adding white to the back of the lcds the background turned blue which kind of annoyed me, i played with polarizers and after adding a second layer of polarizer it turned it darker but i cant get a true black

Old 11-23-2016, 06:38 PM
It looks fantastic. I believe it'll look even better during night driving. In my opinion, it gives the interior a different feel. It's not something you see everyday so, I'm sure others will be impressed. Plus, the color of the odometer pushes it over the top. Nice job. Now board a plan, come to Maryland and do my gauge cluster. Wait, how did you get you radar detector to show up like that.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:40 PM
i think its too much lol

Old 11-23-2016, 06:43 PM
That's beautiful, it's well done, nicely lit, totally different, unexpected, and I want in but, how did you get your radar detector to show on your cluster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?