The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:50 PM
Received 394 Likes on 358 Posts

Well, I was annoyed by the sound of my remote tapping on my steering column everytime I would hit the brakes or go over bumps. So I had originally cut and shaped a piece of foam which I glued to my steering column to keep the plastic remote from hitting the plastic steeing column. But, my wife decided to rip it off because it looked cheap lol. So I did some looking around and found a rubber remote cover which actually looks pretty good and solid. Takes away that "cheap" look. I like it!

Old 03-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Yeah it's got this little white chisel tip that must be made of a rock or something, worked perfectly. You don't actually have to buy them through Nissan either I found out they're made by Dupli-Color and you can purchase them for cheaper directly through Amazon you just need the paint color code or the factory name of the paint for pretty much any model of vehicle.
I found out about the Dupli-Color option (from a YouTube video, I think) and actually already have in my 'saved' list at Amazon. It was the 'rock' part that I was curious about and how well it worked. Thanks for the confirmation !

Old 03-30-2018, 10:12 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,468 Likes on 2,160 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah they're really amazing, scratch out the rust with the rock part, wipe it clean with rubbing alcohol, then you can either use the needle point valve for small chips (all I used for mine) or the larger brush. On the back of the paint pen is ANOTHER brush that has your clear coat and that's what I did to my G today, went over all the spots I painted last weekend with clear.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39
LOL! That’s kind of funny to hear about just paying off your car! I think I paid mine off over 10 years ago, Realizing of course that yours was used.

I did purchase a new oem cowl for the windshield to replace the somewhat sun faded one on my car. It is so nice and shiny black! Part of my every spring restoration project to begin once the weather breaks.

This year I will be painting the hood, front and rear bumpers and dealing with all of the new minor scratches my kids put in the car over the last year! Also will replace the rubber around the drivers window as I’ve started to get a whistle at speed from air leaking in.

Getting the seat bolster on the drivers side replaced.

Double din radio installed with oem faceplate.

Installing stiffer shock and spring settings on my Fortune coilovers - their suggested 10k/8k settings are way too soft for me. 10k in front is not bad, but 8k in rear is way soft. Going up to 12k rear and will then see how the front is. Might move up to 12k there as well.

Should be a fun year and get me ever so much closer to having the car where I want it to be.

Fresh!

Old 03-31-2018, 03:02 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Yeah they're really amazing, scratch out the rust with the rock part, wipe it clean with rubbing alcohol, then you can either use the needle point valve for small chips (all I used for mine) or the larger brush. On the back of the paint pen is ANOTHER brush that has your clear coat and that's what I did to my G today, went over all the spots I painted last weekend with clear.
Careful with those aftermarket touch-up kits. I have one from Plasti-Kote and it has all the tools for touching up, and it looked great at first, and looked great for about a year, but the small spot has yellowed over time (white paint). Not sure about duplicolor, but I think I'll buy a Nissan pen just to be safe if I need one in the future.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:03 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39

Fresh!

Oh, man...I want that. Where'd you get it and how much?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:21 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Finally got the fenders rolled today, love the stance alot more on the car now sitting on a 275/30/19 considering doing a 295 in the rear.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:59 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Albanian122
Finally got the fenders rolled today, love the stance alot more on the car now sitting on a 275/30/19 considering doing a 295 in the rear.
Don't go too crazy. Anything more than what you have now would be borderline silly looking

Old 03-31-2018, 09:36 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,468 Likes on 2,160 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Careful with those aftermarket touch-up kits. I have one from Plasti-Kote and it has all the tools for touching up, and it looked great at first, and looked great for about a year, but the small spot has yellowed over time (white paint). Not sure about duplicolor, but I think I'll buy a Nissan pen just to be safe if I need one in the future.
This is the Nissan pen, purchased from the Nissan dealership. It was after I bought it that I realized it's a Dupli-Color pen and that they are the distributor for almost all manufacturers so I bought my Ford pen through Amazon since it's literally the same as the dealership just $5 cheaper on Amazon.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:23 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Nicey

Originally Posted by Albanian122

I have 295s in the rear and didn't have to roll my fenders. However, I'll be switching back to 285s. I believe they are wide enough plus without added power going too wide might not be beneficial.

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 04-01-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:49 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Removed the seats so I could clean the carpet, and then proceeded to spend a few hours fully detailing the car. I think this is the cleanest she has ever been in my 4ish years of ownership.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:55 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I think thats next on my agenda. Need to set aside a day for an interior detail before it gets too hot. The passenger seat was out a couple years ago to clean the switch out, but who knows what I'll find under thr drivers side. Been meaning to buy that stop drop gap filler but curious how it will look and act with the seats moving back and forth. Not to mention I own a husky (who's not doing so well right now) so there's always hair even though hes never been in my car. Also, I'm jelous your garage is clean enough to wash your car in it

Old 04-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
I think thats next on my agenda. Need to set aside a day for an interior detail before it gets too hot. The passenger seat was out a couple years ago to clean the switch out, but who knows what I'll find under thr drivers side. Been meaning to buy that stop drop gap filler but curious how it will look and act with the seats moving back and forth. Not to mention I own a husky (who's not doing so well right now) so there's always hair even though hes never been in my car. Also, I'm jelous your garage is clean enough to wash your car in it
I wish I had a clean place to was my car that was my own, that's my parents house. Went home for Easter break and decided to get to cleaning while they filed their taxes.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Admiring the spring snow falling on my Q.

What did you do to the G today?-i2koldg.jpg

Telcoman

Old 04-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Got my G up on jacks this weekend for the planned suspension rebuild. I decided I'd do the trans mount first since the jerking on and off throttle has been driving me crazy. The last bolt sheared right off inside the transmission after I tried to get it out with a breaker bar.

12 hours of suffering later, I have a new transmission mount (held in by a heli-coil that I had to source locally on Easter sunday), lots of new tools which I bought to remove that F*ing bolt, and new front struts.... which ride great but clunk going over bumps (I don't think I tightened the top bolt enough, going to hit it with an impact after work today and hope that fixes it)

Not a good weekend for wrenching for me. Contemplating paying someone to do the ball joints and the rest of the bushings given every bolt in my undercarriage is either half stripped or rusted in place.
Related: What's the cheapest source for quality automotive fasteners? I think it would be a good idea to buy all new bolts for the underside of my G as that's where a lot of the suffering is coming from, stripping threads and worrying about stripping threads.

Last edited by cswlightning; 04-02-2018 at 03:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?