The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:09 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
It is not harmless fun. Racing and exceeding the speed limit on public roads and bragging about it on a public forum just encourages others to do such a stupid thing.

What would you do if the police confiscated your vehicle in addition to the ticket, fines and possible jail for reckless driving?

Telcoman
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................... Just wanted to see the gtr fly by. I've been one to tell a kid on here to not wrap his car around a tree because he wanted to know how to launch. I don't encourage racing. I do encourage living life and having a little fun at the right time. I like to think I'm a safe driver and don't drive away till anyone in my car is buckled. I lost a friend in a tragic accident from racing. His brother nearly died the same way two years earlier, both passengers. It was hulk hogans son who made the poor choice that time

Last edited by Blue Dream; 04-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Don't worry, those who get it understand, but there are always those who believe the rules determine right and wrong with no gray area in between.... too bad police officers usually fall into that second category!

Old 04-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Racing and exceeding the speed limit on public roads and bragging about it on a public forum just encourages others to do such a stupid thing.
"Encourages" others to do it is quite the stretch. People HAVE to think for themselves. If they can't, that's their problem, NO ONE ELSE'S.

Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Again, can't even call it a race. The roads were EMPTY. The gtr was the one....
You're wasting your time and effort. Nothing to see here.... Move along....

Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
which power steering tank and reservoir tank should i get? my originals ones look horrible..
i wanted to do the wire tuck but.. yeah.
I wanted to get the timing covered polished soon..

what else can I add just for looks? nothing dumb please.

and yes its dirty im not done assembling it

Old 04-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Had all new bushing installed in SLICK'S front suspension this week. Discovered all my Tokico D Spec shocks are leaking and after only 35K miles. No surprise they went back to Japan so they're not around to rebuild 'em! So...I have a set of adjustable Koni's on the way and picked up new boots for them $$. Finally got my duckbill trunk lid looking like I want after color sanding and buffing! Next step, new leather for my front seats. Has anyone used www.leatherseats.com for their new leather? Kind a want black seats with dark blue inserts for a better look...factory leather isn't available!
Gary

Old 04-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Had all new bushing installed in SLICK'S front suspension this week. Discovered all my Tokico D Spec shocks are leaking and after only 35K miles. No surprise they went back to Japan so they're not around to rebuild 'em! So...I have a set of adjustable Koni's on the way and picked up new boots for them $$. Finally got my duckbill trunk lid looking like I want after color sanding and buffing! Next step, new leather for my front seats. Has anyone used www.leatherseats.com for their new leather? Kind a want black seats with dark blue inserts for a better look...factory leather isn't available!
Gary
Haven't used them for a G, but I'd recommend them. They're based out of Oklahoma City and hooked me up with some seats in my 240SX for a few car shows back in the Hot Import Nights days, lol.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Any recommends for stock height stock spring rate G shocks front and rear? I only have installed poly bushings otherwise car is chassis stock.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Gary

Of the many suspensions I have owned, Koni yellow adjustables were THE BEST AMONG EVERY ONE OF THEM! Enjoy and let us know how they turn out. The adjustability is amazing. Be sure to get some extenders to adjust them.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39
Of the many suspensions I have owned, Koni yellow adjustables were THE BEST AMONG EVERY ONE OF THEM! Enjoy and let us know how they turn out. The adjustability is amazing. Be sure to get some extenders to adjust them.
I will let you know what I think of them, one trip across hwy.126 to Ventura then the back road to Ojai will give me some idea of how they're working. Extenders...$900= worth of shocks/boots don't come with the ability to adjust them while on the car? Can't be...
Gary

Old 04-20-2018, 10:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,468 Likes on 2,160 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They do have the ability to adjust but the design of the rear struts means you can't get your hand up there easily to make the adjustment so... I've seen people take a holesaw to the chassis and make a little access hole then get a plastic plug to cover it. The extenders is a better way to do it though.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my new carbon fiber roof spoiler

Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 PM
You’ll probably have to adjust them a few times to dial them in perfectly, so, don’t expect the first time to be the charm. I found myself running them quite stiff for handling on rails. I had these on my AcuraCLS with sway bars and lowering springs just before my G and that car handled FLAT!

Old 04-21-2018, 07:51 PM
Oh, and today was the day the Volks went back on!! Hallelujah!!!! No more snow tires!,,

Old 04-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Jealous. We still have snow in the forecast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?