Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. I have been researching and reading and can't really get any solid answer. This is one topic that I'm terrible at. So please excuse my ignorance. After a long build and a build for performance I am trying to figure out what specs will work for what I'm going for. I'm done with the stretch tires and negative camber. I'm playing in the high horse power range now. For the time being I'm going with varrstone es2 wheels. Front 18x9.5 and a 18x10.5 +22 rear. The issue I'm having is the fronts. I don't know if the +12 for the front is to much and the + 22 won't clear my akebono calipers. ( that's what varrstone is saying) I am on stance coils and I raised the car up from before. I do have my fenders rolled and pulled from my previous set up. Company is saying the +12 will stick out 1/2 passed my front fender. ( not gonna work in my case) Anyone help me with this issues I'm having? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 35reilly
I hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. I have been researching and reading and can't really get any solid answer. This is one topic that I'm terrible at. So please excuse my ignorance. After a long build and a build for performance I am trying to figure out what specs will work for what I'm going for. I'm done with the stretch tires and negative camber. I'm playing in the high horse power range now. For the time being I'm going with varrstone es2 wheels. Front 18x9.5 and a 18x10.5 +22 rear. The issue I'm having is the fronts. I don't know if the +12 for the front is to much and the + 22 won't clear my akebono calipers. ( that's what varrstone is saying) I am on stance coils and I raised the car up from before. I do have my fenders rolled and pulled from my previous set up. Company is saying the +12 will stick out 1/2 passed my front fender. ( not gonna work in my case) Anyone help me with this issues I'm having? Thanks in advance!!!
On a coupe, a 9.5 with a +12 offset wont poke out of the fender at all. You should know based off of your previous setup that it won't poke. Buy the lower offsets for more brake clearance, or go with the higher offsets and add spacers where needed to eliminate as much poke as possible. Be careful with some 18's tho as they may not clear the Akebonos. My buddy with a 370 ordered some 18" TSW wheels and had to trade them cause they wouldn't fit.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello , I currently have a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan , its pretty much completely stock, stock height, suspension and everything. I am purchasing some aftermarket rims/tires and I just want to make sure what I have in mind isn't going to cause any issues with rubbing or anything. I dont really want the staggered look but I do want a wide stance all the way around, I could care less about stretched / aggressive, I dont even know what all that means to be honest. I was thinking of 18x9 rims with 35mm offset, then run a 265/40 all the way around, or would a 255/40 be a safer route? Being its stock height I dont think ill have any issues with this setup, but I just wanted to make sure. I got the idea from the attached pic, i saw that setup and am trying to replicate it somewhat.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You're going the wrong way with the offsets, you need larger numbers and WTF in red.

Once again, sedan. He'l still need a drop, camber/toe help and rolled or flattened fenders.

Josh you really need to do more reading on this board because all of your questions have been answered maybe thousands of times. Doing your own leg work to find out answers to questions you have is a member responsibility and if you continue to ask questions you could have figured out on your own you will get infractions and possible ban/s. Thanks for your help with this.
I apologize, I am new to this forum, and forums in general. I thought that forums were for just that, to ask questions and get help with your project. Dont think I haven't been doing my own leg work, I have searched and googled for atleast 3 hours, but like I said im new to forums and possibly Im not searching the right words. Ive come across tons of answers but they mostly pertain to cars that are lowered. There is 500 pages on this thread and Im not going to search through every one until I find a stock height Sedan that has 255 or 265 width tire in front on a 9" wide wheel with 35 offset. And If I get banned for that then so be it, but its not like I just signed up on this forum and started asking random questions without atleast trying to find my answer.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Conissah
On a coupe, a 9.5 with a +12 offset wont poke out of the fender at all. You should know based off of your previous setup that it won't poke. Buy the lower offsets for more brake clearance, or go with the higher offsets and add spacers where needed to eliminate as much poke as possible. Be careful with some 18's tho as they may not clear the Akebonos. My buddy with a 370 ordered some 18" TSW wheels and had to trade them cause they wouldn't fit.
Thanks man. Yeah my previous set up the barrels were flipped and I bought them like that so honestly I had no idea what they were. I'm terrible with offsets. I try to understand it but it is my weak spot for sure. Ask me how to build a motor and what works? I'll help u out. Ask me to fit wheels? Yeah nah not happening lol. I thought +12 wasn't going to poke but then again like I said I'm terrible at wheel specs. There varrstone es2 wheels. I'm just getting something I can put a good meaty tire on for the time being until I work all the bugs out on the fresh build and find the wheels I really want for the long haul. Thanks for confirming that. I appreciate it bud!!!

Old 02-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks man. Yeah my previous set up the barrels were flipped and I bought them like that so honestly I had no idea what they were. I'm terrible with offsets. I try to understand it but it is my weak spot for sure. Ask me how to build a motor and what works? I'll help u out. Ask me to fit wheels? Yeah nah not happening lol. I thought +12 wasn't going to poke but then again like I said I'm terrible at wheel specs. There varrstone es2 wheels. I'm just getting something I can put a good meaty tire on for the time being until I work all the bugs out on the fresh build and find the wheels I really want for the long haul. Thanks for confirming that. I appreciate it bud!!!
This is my old setup, 19x9.5 + 12 front and 19x11 + 15 rear.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:06 PM

Thanks brotha !!!! Were they varrstones? Also u have bbk? I did akebono upgrade. That's looks fine then if so?

Old 02-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Thanks brotha !!!! Were they varrstones? Also u have bbk? I did akebono upgrade. That's looks fine then if so?
Yes, Varrstoen ES6 but they were 19. And I have factory Brembos, but the 19" version BARELY clears the Akebonos on my buddies 370. That's why I said be careful about 18's clearing.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Yes, Varrstoen ES6 but they were 19. And I have factory Brembos, but the 19" version BARELY clears the Akebonos on my buddies 370. That's why I said be careful about 18's clearing.
Oh ok. Gotcha. Thanks. On your buddy's 370 when you say it barely cleared akebono where exactly are you talking about? From the inner barrel to the top or the front of the caliber ( face) to the backside of the face of rim?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
^ the blue G looks very nice....good reference too! Thanks for the pics and details!

- DM

Old 02-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods

Very proud of you, you CAN do it right lol.

Much better than the / \ jibberjabber...........

Old 02-03-2017, 08:56 AM
^ +1...really like connisah's setup (or at least his previous setup shown above)...its perfect imo. I see some G's with stretched tires and super camber game. Some look really good, but some is just overkill. Only speaking for me...

- DM

Old 02-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by dmemenza
^ +1...really like connisah's setup (or at least his previous setup shown above)...its perfect imo. I see some G's with stretched tires and super camber game. Some look really good, but some is just overkill. Only speaking for me...

- DM
Old setup was too basic man, everyone and their mom (at least around Charlotte) had the ES6's and I wanted to be different. Rear camber is getting fixed tommorow tho, tires are in my car.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Old setup was too basic man, everyone and their mom (at least around Charlotte) had the ES6's and I wanted to be different. Rear camber is getting fixed tommorow tho, tires are in my car.
I hear ya man...its all good u wanna be different. I was just saying that your fitment with the ES6's for me, is spot on. Its just what I prefer. That nice-*** flush fitment. I don't necessarily mind the stretched out tires and extra camber either and I would certainly rock it too. I've seen many many G's with stretched tires and additional camber and their G's are f*ckin' dope as hell! Its very tastefully done and looks really good! But I've also seen some that take it to a whole nother level. I mean, its what they like and its their ride (and tires), so its all good. Just not for me, is all.

I like your current setup too dood! Looks very nice and very tastefully done man...very nice job!

- DM

Old 02-08-2017, 07:11 AM
wheel fitment

hello,

on a set of 18x9.75 +22 what size tire could I go with to have a near OEM fit? I saw someone post earlier in this thread that a 265/35 or a 285/35 would probably work...

I'm just worried about ordering the wrong tires and not being able to send them back... but also can't drive the car until I do order them lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::