The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
New spark plugs, someone put a set of shitty LFR5AGP plugs in it so I switched it back to the stock PFLR5A-11. The plugs looked worn AF and definitely weren't torqued (super loose) but each bank was consistent, slight yellowing on bank1, moderate buildup, spark plug wells looked super clean and the install was a piece of cake. As soon as I pulled the first plug out I knew exactly why I had really light engine knock at low rpm's sometimes

Old 07-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39
Ok, the (almost) final product following install of Fortune Auto coilovers with Swift springs and Z1 A arms.

It seems like the springs settled a bit after install, so we raised it 0.5" today to give some clearance.

The Fortune Auto coilovers are REALLY GOOD. I got the swift springs at their recommended 10k/8k ratings, however, if I were to do it again I think I would go 12/10 for a bit firmer ride.

Next up is cosmetics...but I'll take a bit of time off before then. Next year I think will be dyed carpet to black and new seats. The seats are a big problem for handling performance because the worn out bolsters provide almost no lateral support.

your tags look like you're from Maryland

Old 07-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Polished my headlights & washed on Thursday, re-washed after being plastered with rain & fireworks residue from a show downtown.

Clay bar & waxed this evening. Used some products called Wizards that I picked at a classic car show. Their detail mist is a bit an the streaky side but I probably didn't use enough microfiber towels. The clay seemed decent ant the wax was pretty easy to use. Smell was the best part.

Overall pretty happy with the results.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo581.jpg  
Old 07-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Entered into a show today and won my first trophy. Runner up 2 door import, not bad for my first legit show. Also, I was drooling over this Raptor that was in the booth with us. Those tires are 375mm wide, thing was so sexy. And somehow my passenger headlight is getting some condensation in it, which unfortunately ruined all the bulbs which I'm not stoked about.

Beautiful car, can't remember if I asked you but is your car wrapped? About the headlight, like urban mentioned goretex pads are great if used the correct way, let's things exhale but doesn't let moisture in. Kinda like the high quality car covers that breath. I say if condensation is bad enough it messed up all your bulbs than pull the lense off and clean all old rubber and put a new bead of butyl or product of your choosing in? Clean the inside of the headlight up while you're at it. Maybe do a new retrofit too.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Does it not feel great when you give your car a basic tune-up. Even when the car is running fine. I guess it's a combination of self accomplishment and piece of mind. In my head that car feels new again.

Threw in Castrol Edge 5W30 and Fram Ultra Syn filter removed the carquest premium filter. Checked all my block off caps from deleted coolant hoses for leaks. I'm bored but don't want to buy aftermarket so thought about modding and heatshielding the factory air box. Bigger front hole maybe and a fresh air tube from the bottom of the air box. It's summer so I'm gonna do some datalogging but my last OBD2 adapter was lost so the new one will be here tomorrow.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
your tags look like you're from Maryland
Yup.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame
Polished my headlights & washed on Thursday, re-washed after being plastered with rain & fireworks residue from a show downtown.

Clay bar & waxed this evening. Used some products called Wizards that I picked at a classic car show. Their detail mist is a bit an the streaky side but I probably didn't use enough microfiber towels. The clay seemed decent ant the wax was pretty easy to use. Smell was the best part.

Looking good!

After many, many years of being a dedicated Zaino user, I finally tried the Griots garage products after buying their buffer kit. Griots seemed like such a big, commercial operation that I was wary of how good their stuff could be.

But, I must say that I'm loving the Griots products, especially their Speed Shine and Best in Show Detailer are amazing products. I find myself using them every time I'm out in the garage just for the fun of feeling how smooth the finish gets after application! And, the Griots stuff is cheaper than Zaino.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally found the stock 19 inch Rays wheels this weekend. I have been looking for a set since I bought my G35. Now the search begins for tires, the ones on the wheels are pretty much done. I'll post up pics of the before and after cleaning and then again as soon as I get them on the car.

Last edited by Exilestate; 07-03-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by JZ39
Looking good!

After many, many years of being a dedicated Zaino user, I finally tried the Griots garage products after buying their buffer kit. Griots seemed like such a big, commercial operation that I was wary of how good their stuff could be.

But, I must say that I'm loving the Griots products, especially their Speed Shine and Best in Show Detailer are amazing products. I find myself using them every time I'm out in the garage just for the fun of feeling how smooth the finish gets after application! And, the Griots stuff is cheaper than Zaino.
Thanks, I've heard good things about Griots products. I would like to get a DA polisher. The booth selling Wizards product had a knockoff of a Rupes but I didn't pull the trigger.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Exilestate
Finally found the stock 19 inch Rays wheels this weekend. I have been looking for a set since I bought my G35. Now the search begins for tires, the ones on the wheels are pretty much done. I'll post up pics of the before and after cleaning and then again as soon as I get them on the car.
Congrats, I've always loved the 19's on the G. I've been patiently lurking for wheels for almost 3 years. Can't wait to see pics.

The following users liked this post:
Exilestate (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Entered into a show today and won my first trophy. Runner up 2 door import, not bad for my first legit show. Also, I was drooling over this Raptor that was in the booth with us. Those tires are 375mm wide, thing was so sexy. And somehow my passenger headlight is getting some condensation in it, which unfortunately ruined all the bulbs which I'm not stoked about.

congrats! How are you linking the new wrap?

Also, usually the moisture issue is from prying the lense open with tools when doing mods to it and not fixing the bends before the headlight cools and hardens. Even with new sealant it still happens (did to my 350z). Your best bet might be to reheat them and correct any bends made from previous mods.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame

damn those headlights look photoshopped! Well done

Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by G35freaks
damn those headlights look photoshopped! Well done
Thanks, I used the left over sealant wipe from a 3M kit and the 3000 grit pad. Picked up a rustoleum kit simply for the sand paper. Hit it with 800, 1500, 2000, 3000 then 3m sealant. 3m kit is good but went 500, 800, 3000 which works good but I don't understand why they wouldn't put more paper in between 800 and 3000.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:16 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Replaced the radiator fan assembly with a TYC set from RockAuto today. Ridiculously easy job and all is well with Amanda again. Fit like OEM and works the same, all for a total of $89. Makes me wonder why I didn't do it sooner.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Model number for the fans?? Good to have for future reference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?