Official Orange County Meet Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ he's not OCG?

guess I just figured he was...

Well - if he calls in sick and shows up, it shows his dedication - 1st step to OCG?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ he's not OCG?

guess I just figured he was...

Well - if he calls in sick and shows up, it shows his dedication - 1st step to OCG?
you might wanna talk to 2c about that! lol!

Btw you going to the irvine meet mike?
havent really checked out your sick sedan!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dranom
you might wanna talk to 2c about that! lol!

Btw you going to the irvine meet mike?
havent really checked out your sick sedan!
doubtful that I will make it... my sedan is "sick" - literally... as in sitting in garage for 3+ weeks waiting for parts to be black chrome plated... The entire intake (and other stuff) was painted, and I have all that back - but all my plenum bolts are being plated - so until I get those back the car sits. It has taken soooo long to do relatively basic engine cosmetics I hate it! The good thing is I haven’t seen anyone else do what I've done - the bad news is, its' not that big of a deal and definitely not worth the time and effort (or expense) that is has taken.

Sorry for the long answer - but I thought just saying "no" would be rude

Old 04-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
doubtful that I will make it... my sedan is "sick" - literally... as in sitting in garage for 3+ weeks waiting for parts to be black chrome plated... The entire intake (and other stuff) was painted, and I have all that back - but all my plenum bolts are being plated - so until I get those back the car sits. It has taken soooo long to do relatively basic engine cosmetics I hate it! The good thing is I haven’t seen anyone else do what I've done - the bad news is, its' not that big of a deal and definitely not worth the time and effort (or expense) that is has taken.

damn! i thought the plating was finished already
coz i saw your post about it a few weeks ago. hopefully it gets finished soon

Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dranom
damn! i thought the plating was finished already
coz i saw your post about it a few weeks ago. hopefully it gets finished soon
some of it is finished... I have half of what I need - but the critical parts are the simplest, the plenum bolts, I'm still waiting for those and some other stuff.

It's all supposed to be done early this week (they say today, but I know better than to count on that).

Even once I get the stuff thats there now - I still have some other parts to get plated (some custom intake clamps and a heat sinked phenolic instert tbs) - but at least I can put the car together while I wait for those, I have plenty of normal clamps and a regular tbs.

I hate cosmetic mods - it takes so damn long! and is never worth it to me.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I am OCG, I paid my dues, actually double, I just don't make it out much, unlike most, I have a rather demanding career that pays me very well, calling out not an option, my next promotion will most likley double to triple my income I refuse to jepordize that. I also don't put stickers on my car but thats just me, I made it out to the annual though, I will try next month if I am not in Orlando.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM

A true OCG would have his **** towed to the meet.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I just realized, my stickers are still in Kurupted's STI, lol

Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
That's not Funny! Go get them!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by g30wh4t
A true OCG would have his **** towed to the meet.
I'm not OCG... just because they named their club after me doesnt mean I'm in it

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I will for sure be there

this will be my first G meet

Hope to meet a lot of new people

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by g30wh4t
Yes I am OCG, I paid my dues, actually double, I just don't make it out much, unlike most, I have a rather demanding career that pays me very well, calling out not an option, my next promotion will most likley double to triple my income I refuse to jepordize that. I also don't put stickers on my car but thats just me, I made it out to the annual though, I will try next month if I am not in Orlando.
We did some cleaning up and you're not apart of the Team, don't let it feel like you're not a homie or anything anymore, and it's nothing personal. You didnt pay double since the price went up x3 then the original price of the Teams cost. You haven't even been to 1 team meet yet the past whole year and no one knows who you are. You don't even have a slight clue At All what is going on with the Team, with shows, events, our ideas and planning for ourselves and the community coming up, even charity events etc. You haven't even tried to prove yourself of being a member, nor bother me at all to even see what's going on. We're straight competition, and even though we're not all show-quality we build street credibility. What's your paypal I will refund your amount. I understand you have work, I understand you have a career, we know you have your own life, I know you don't like stickers on your car and I respect that, unfortunately this is why you're not suitable for the Team just yet, we would like to encourage you to take care of your needs first and good luck with everything. With your actions you dont need to be in a team right now, i dont really see the point. Unfortunately everybody else works too, everybody else has a career to and actually work more hours then you do. This Team is not about putting stickers on your car and showing up to car meets, unfortunately alot of people just think that, showing up to a car meet doesn't earn anything, every ocg knows that. We did not create this team for fun, although we have fun in our process of being successful. You don't even know about the pledge system and also probation period, which members that are in that league already put in more work where you haven't even started the process. Some members waited 3 months until they were even excepted in. I can ask you 50 questions about the Team and I gaurantee you, you'll answer less than 10 of them correct, things changed and we're actually in the "game" now. Again if you're gonna get mad this wasn't my full decision, few of us came together and plan whats best for the team, but don't start hating for you still my homie, don't let it get personal, this is only a hobby and lifestyle. If you have any issues PM me.

This is where I tribute props to Zack with RareJDM and Randy and his R-Rides etc, and even the Team Aarkan guys, Even though everybody is with their own crew and goes their own ways, I admire how these guys run with their Team and I watch and see over the years how they developed, and it's very succesful, much respects. This is what we're all about too.

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 04-13-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn, that was beautiful bro... No need to refund the money, consider it my contribution to the homies. Your right, that is way too much time, and well beyond my interests. It sounds like fun, but my 70+ hour work week and school won't allow for it, other wise I would pledge. I will look back into it after this next promotion, I go down to 40 hours a week and upgrade to a g37 Community stuff sounds like fun. Best of luck with it, I will try to make it to the next meet.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I knew you would understand, we aint butt-hurt busters LOL. Much love and respect brother, i hope to see you soon to, kick it with your **** and shiet foshizzle

Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Just signed up for the Irvine meet on the 25th, since it looks like I'll be able to make it.

WooHoo... Team OCG's Rocks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.

Quick Reply: Official Orange County Meet Thread