DYNO DAY @ CHURCH'S Sept 25th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Randy's injectors were maxing out (stock injectors), so Shawn didn't want to push it past 5k RPM.
thanks for the update... I knew someone would know... I'll update the numbers post to indicate...

If there are any other notations or changes/additions (that anyone has), let me know... I suppose that post may be referenced down the road so I'll try to make it relevant (within reason).

Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
comparing track numbers is like comparing these dyno numbers to a different dyno... if he ran 13.3 it was probably at Sac (and not likely on street tires)... I promise you he wouldn't run that in Fontana (where we usually run) - ST and SC run low to mid 13s there...

Also, comparing dyno numbers to what happens at the track doesnt tell anything either (weight, tires, final drive, driver, etc are all factors at the track that don't equate on the dyno)... and FWIW, the last time I dyno'd on Church's it was 298/262 (or something like that), but beat Bill (and many others) at the drag strip... I suppose it might dyno higher now - but the dyno queen days are over with my car (only get on dyno for tuning)...

So there's no point in forum racing - even if comparing dyno numbers and different track times. However, I will say - Bill does like to make it a competition Looks like we need our own version of Pinks
that sucks for FI people running those times. He ran that time at infineon (sears point) on hankook RS3s, just how he sat this weekend. Everyone complains in socal how much "slower" there cars are, but, this weekend my car felt FASTER then it does in the bay area

and comparing times is the only way to see who is faster lol.

I do agree, we should have a pinks, VQ version

Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys - glad it all came together well and everyone had a good time... Shawn is really the one to be thanked though! That guy has been tremendous for the G community!
No doubt, they did a great job. He and Jan will be doing a custom post NA mod tune

on the Cayman for a very reasonable price and those guys have been the coolest

tuners/car guys I've dealt with......especially in the sometimes uppity p-car scene.

Highly recommended for members unfamiliar with them!

Last edited by carver; 09-25-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
comparing track numbers is like comparing these dyno numbers to a different dyno... if he ran 13.3 it was probably at Sac (and not likely on street tires)... I promise you he wouldn't run that in Fontana (where we usually run) - ST and SC run low to mid 13s there...

Also, comparing dyno numbers to what happens at the track doesnt tell anything either (weight, tires, final drive, driver, etc are all factors at the track that don't equate on the dyno)... and FWIW, the last time I dyno'd on Church's it was 298/262 (or something like that), but beat Bill (and many others) at the drag strip... I suppose it might dyno higher now - but the dyno queen days are over with my car (only get on dyno for tuning)...

So there's no point in forum racing - even if comparing dyno numbers and different track times. However, I will say - Bill does like to make it a competition Looks like we need our own version of Pinks
Well said. I ran 13.8@105 w/2.3 60ft (untuned) at Sac and then ran 14.0@100 w/2.3 60ft (tuned) at Fontana. Me and Mike ran neck and neck and I dyno at 296/283 post tune at Church.

When I got my G tuned last year, Butkiss was there later on that day and also went on the dyno. Since those were done on the same day, those would be more comparable. As said, track times from different tracks and different days and different dyno's on different days are not to be compared.

Wish I was there for this. Looked like fun!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
who cares about drag times, dyno numbers, stop being interwebz racers, come out to thunderhill raceway, we can have a track day and ill show you guys what real racing is!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by SE5spd
who cares about drag times, dyno numbers, stop being interwebz racers, come out to thunderhill raceway, we can have a track day and ill show you guys what real racing is!
Used to track back in the day with my old SE-R. Man those days were fun.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
What happened to ttrank? I wanted to see what that car would have dyno'd.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
Used to track back in the day with my old SE-R. Man those days were fun.
currently debating a K20 EG road race track car. Cant decide, currently race my Z and I never go 10/10 cause im to scared of wrecking

Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Didn't make trip from AZ

Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Wish you were there! You probably would have made well over 500 whp on that dyno.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
Wish you were there! You probably would have made well over 500 whp on that dyno.
Maybe. I wanted to go but I'm wasting my time in a fvcking desert again. If there's any track events in November (other then Qualcomm), I'm going...

Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 AM
that sucks for FI people running those times. He ran that time at infineon (sears point) on hankook RS3s, just how he sat this weekend. Everyone complains in socal how much "slower" there cars are, but, this weekend my car felt FASTER then it does in the bay area

I do agree, we should have a pinks, VQ version
you were at/near sea level (as in Infineon)... Fontana is way inland (well above sea level)... plus ambient temps have been real low this week (we get maybe one good temp day in Fontana)...

I'd be more than happy to set up an event in Fontana - it would be great to have out of towners come out and play. You'll find that the vast majority of those cars are no faster (with many of them slower) than those here (just like you saw with today's dyno numbers).

Or one of these days we do one in Sac (even though there isnt as much to do up there)...

except it only makes sense when you are comparing same track same day (just like dyno) Derek runs low 13's on east coast N/A - he ran slower when he was out here with Single Turbo (one of many examples)...

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (09-26-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM
come to Willow Springs or Roval in Fontana... we'll see how great you are

Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 AM
he just got home from a biz trip - needed to spend time with his (other) family... totally understandable...

It would have been cool to have a 600+ hp first gen sedan there

Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 AM
come to Willow Springs or Roval in Fontana... we'll see how great you are
I'll do thunderhill infineon or Laguna seca

You guys can come up to some cool tracks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DYNO DAY @ CHURCH'S Sept 25th