Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Raging Bull Texas Stampede

Heads up everyone!
The Tourmaster is planning another one. I just got this email from John:

Dear Bull Riders and Potential Wanna-Be Bull Riders,

It’s that time of year again. No, I’m not talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m talking about gettin’ ready to ride the Raging Bull. What many people describe as the best driving event in Texas. If you’re wondering what it’s all about, maybe you should consider giving it look-see, as we like to say down in this part of Texas.

The 5th annual Raging Bull Texas Stampede is currently scheduled to be on Jan. 25-27, 2008. The program will be Friday morning through Sunday afternoon but you can come for just a day or do the whole thing. The current plan is to have a "somewhat unique" half-day drivers training class and “race” (chase?) at a track near Austin Friday morning. After the morning’s break-in and warm-up period on the track, we’ll get the Bull to start flexing its muscles in the afternoon as we drive to Kerrville where we will stay overnight.

All day Saturday we’ll test the Raging Bull’s limits between Kerrville and the Mexico border and then spend the night somewhere in the countryside. Maybe we’ll go star hunting after sunset.

Sunday morning, we’ll ride what’s left of the Raging Bull, then head back to Austin Sunday afternoon.

Great cars. Great people. Driven with passion. On a Raging Bull. That’s what the Stampede is all about.

The question is: How well can you ride the Raging Bull? Saddle up with us to find out. You won’t regret it.

Click here to read comments from last year’s Bull Riders.
http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/quote...stampedes.html

Of course, mere words cannot describe the experience of this driving event. Are you curious to know whether it’s all just hype? There’s only one way to find out.

Information regarding accommodations and other details will be coming in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

The Tourmaster

Last edited by cato; 11-21-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep!! You beat me to the punch! Can't wait. I didn't make it last year, but this year I will be there. Been to all of them except last years! Really fun guys!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Yep!! You beat me to the punch! Can't wait. I didn't make it last year, but this year I will be there. Been to all of them except last years! Really fun guys!
You missed a wild one last year! This year lets keep it between the ditches guys.... you know who you are....

Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Homie, You don't sound very sure of yourself! You will remember how we drove on the Brazos run, so fast we lost you guys. Well.... the Stampeded runs at a MUCH faster pace. Be ready to drive 100+ mph on the Stampede.
It is a blast!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
The beauty of the Stampede is that you can run it at ANY pace. There are always the hot rods (you know who you are!) and there is a middle group that runs quick and then there is a moderate group that kinda follows as the back door, so to speak. Don't be afraid of the Bull Run. You will find your own pace. We all have easy to read maps and fun is had by all.

The only thing you need to worry about is getting your car up to the task. Make sure you get your inspection done early so you can correct anything that needs it. You have to have good tires and good breaks.

Also If you can, rig up a video or still camera to record your exploits. Change all names to protect the guilty!

YoungTurk was SUPPOSED to have a CD of last years ready by now. Maybe he will hand it out at the First Drivers Meeting.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Premier Member

Wish my video camera would work. I bought one for events like this, and road racing, and the darn thing doesn't like the vibrations in a car. It throws errors. It's one of those HDD based cameras from JVC. I know someone with a Sony and fails too. I had it too long already so I couldn't return it by the time I tried it.

Yea like he said above, make sure you have new brake fluid, fairly new pads, and good tires. No oil leaks, suspension is all in good shape, etc. Otherwise you should be fine.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I've never ridden the raging bull stampede, but def. sounds like fun.

...i'll be there if I can (that is, if I have no exams around that date)

Old 12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting more and more excited about the upcoming Stampede. I wanted to let you all know that I have been busy with many aspects of the preparations, in particular our choice of accommodations during the weekend. I will try some new places to stay and new roads. The design of the route is closely interconnected to where we stay overnight and vice-versa. I am near finalizing the exact locations of our overnight stays and most of the route. Just completed 700 miles of driving to facilitate this. As soon as the accommodations information is confirmed, I will get it up on the website and open the event up for registration. That way you can make your hotel reservations, too. The technical inspection form will be the same as last year's so you can go ahead and use that one if you need to get the technical inspection done soon (I second TexasScout's and Cato's remarks regarding car preparation; your car (and you yourself) will get a workout like it has never before.)

I am sorry this year's information is going out a little later than years past. I hope you will enjoy the weekend I am trying to put together.

Stay tuned. My goal is to get the registration opened by mid-week.

Captain Turk

Last edited by youngturk; 12-08-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Beam me up Scotty! I'm ready!!!!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
So tempting!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
It's here

Most people driving on roads are commuters.
And some of them are drivers.

But only a few are Bull Riders.
This is what they wait for all year long:

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede V

Adrenaline pumping. Constant focus.
Brutal g forces. Tires squealing. Engines revving.
Breathtaking scenery. Beautiful machinery. Unusual camaraderie.
Three days. 700 miles.
Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

January 25-27, 2008

Now open for registration.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I just registered, hope I'm first!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I just registered, hope I'm first!
Yes, indeed.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Just started a sign up thead, let us know who is coming!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...Texas+Stampede

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raging Bull Texas Stampede