South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Raging Bull Texas Stampede Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was a great event. I love that fifth picture in the 11th post. great car....oh yea that's my. nice shot, cato. can see straight through my hood. hope to see everyone and more at the next stampede

Old 02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
was a great event. I love that fifth picture in the 11th post. great car....oh yea that's my. nice shot, cato. can see straight through my hood. hope to see everyone and more at the next stampede
It was so much fun driving behind you LivyathanZero. Your Coupe rocks! Is it as loud inside as it is outside? Your exhaust dominates the road! I was just glad to keep up with you....what a ride!

Old 02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Did sound good. I'm having a real hard time deciding between the HKS and Injen now. Decisions decisions....

Old 03-01-2005, 12:37 AM
cato, both of the sedans far exceeded my expectations. you rode as hard as the coupes and showed that anything wearing a G35 badge owns the road. it's not as loud inside, but everyone and I know when I'm on it hard. hope one of the videos shot during the stampede have an audio of it. spill, just keep in mind that I also have test pipes so just an exhaust won't be quite as audible. was great meeting everyone, best driving experience I've ever had, hands down

Old 03-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the comment about my sedan! You are the second member of the Stampede to comment about their suprise at how well the sedan drives. Remember,,,,, the sedan came first, won the car of the year award, then the coupe was born. (Coupe envy...... )

Old 03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by cato
Thanks for the comment about my sedan! You are the second member of the Stampede to comment about their suprise at how well the sedan drives. Remember,,,,, the sedan came first, won the car of the year award, then the coupe was born. (Coupe envy...... )
The sedans definitely held their own.... not to mention I love that twilight blue. Talk about color envy (that was my first choice when I was shopping).

Lev: yeah, I'm keeping the test pipe "factor" in mind. Overall it seems that the Injen has a deeper tone, and the HKS has the burble to it (kind of miss that from my '97GT). Course, there's also a ~$400 difference or so between the two systems to consider... and the fact that the HKS Hi-Power seems relatively hard to find for the Coupe. My last concern is to make sure that both systems are able to bolt up to headers without any issues.

Out of curiousity, do you have any problems with smelling unburnt gas with the Helix pipes? I'm sure I'd have a few more issues finding a "less than thorough" place to get an inspection done here in Austin with the CLE4N A1R F0R L1FE hippy population, but it wouldn't be impossible... of course S.A. is 45 minutes away...

Old 03-01-2005, 07:19 PM
occasionaly I can smell the exhaust. most noticably if i let it set and idle for a while with no wind. I didn't have any issues with hte Helix pipes bolting up to the factory exhaust manifolds. I considered headers but with my dreams of twin turbos, it'd be a waste of money. for the state inspection, I don't know anyone in ATX that help you out. I have a state inspection license so mine passes with no problem. and since SA doesn't do emmisions testing, mine passes very well.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Premier Member

Very Nice! I wish I could have been there, it looks like you guys had a nice turnout and a great day for the drive. Thanks for the pictures.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Alas I couldn't make it. Great photo essay Cato! Lunch at the Stagecoach to dinner at the Oasis. It hurts so good. And what a day!

Old 03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by theeggman1
Very Nice! I wish I could have been there, it looks like you guys had a nice turnout and a great day for the drive. Thanks for the pictures.
Looks like a cool event...Egg, can I get more info on this DFW club? I'll be there in a week!

Old 03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Randys_G
Looks like a cool event...Egg, can I get more info on this DFW club? I'll be there in a week!
I don't want to take over this post with details on the DFW G35 Owners Clun but if you email me at theeggman1@mac.com I will give you all the info.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Nice pics. I guess there were not too many sedans there.

I wish I could have attended the event but I had too many company issues to take care of.

Old 03-05-2005, 09:29 AM
The Infiniti G35 was well represented:
G35 Sedan: 2
G35 Coupe: 3
350Zs: 3
300ZTT: 2
300Z2+2: 1
240sx: 2
--------------
Total: 13

Old 03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
and they say 13 is a unlucky number. it was the perfect number of cars for the weather to clear up. would have been clear saturday too but our glorious tourmaster had to go and clean up his car and put it in the garage to get it ready. he jinxed us. j/k

Old 03-05-2005, 04:10 PM
LivyathanZero: I saw what you wrote! May I add that Spill and probably a few more people washed their cars on Friday, too? However, I must confess I didn't touch my car on Saturday, so that may have had an affect. Next time, I'll wash my car on Thursday so you can sleep better.

For the record, we had a total of 21 cars signed up for Saturday and a Stampede of 12 cars actually ride the Raging Bull on Sunday. Gs were very well represented. I can't wait to have my own G35 Coupe!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Raging Bull Texas Stampede Pics