South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Raging Bull Texas Stampede Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
for the state inspection, I don't know anyone in ATX that help you out. I have a state inspection license so mine passes with no problem. and since SA doesn't do emmisions testing, mine passes very well.
last time I checked (Jan '05), Austin still doesn't do emissions testing either...but they do pop their heads under the car to look for cats...I used to have a state insp lic, but it's expired....I'll check around and see if I can dig up a friend to help out Spill....

Old 06-01-2005, 10:49 AM
The Oasis restaurant, the final destination of the Raging Bull Texas Stampede II, was destroyed in a fire this morning. The Oasis overlooked Lake Travis from 400 ft. above with spectacular views (especially at sunset).

The news is here:
http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=138512

I am really glad that we had a chance to enjoy it one last time.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by youngturk
The Oasis restaurant, the final destination of the Raging Bull Texas Stampede II, was destroyed in a fire this morning. The Oasis overlooked Lake Travis from 400 ft. above with spectacular views (especially at sunset).

The news is here:

I was jsut about to say the same thing when I saw the pictures of them sitting out on the deck. THat place had a nice view, but I never really cared for the food too much. I bet by this time next year, it'll already be rebuilt.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:04 PM
agree with msd completely. it'll be rebuilt. that place was much too large of an attraction for it to just fade away in memories. and for spill and austnmike, Austin will be switching to an emmissions county later this year which means smog testing and all that BS. but for later model cars, as long as there are no fault codes stored in the ECU, you pass (I think). more news on it later

Old 06-02-2005, 08:42 AM
hmm....

so they'll hook up to the computer for testing? or stick something on your pipes?
might have to find a friend that can write stickers, methinks....

Old 06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by spill
hmm....

so they'll hook up to the computer for testing? or stick something on your pipes?
might have to find a friend that can write stickers, methinks....
'95 and older ----> tail-pipe sniffer test
'96 and newer ---> OBDII computer scan

Old 06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Premier Member

cato, both of the sedans far exceeded my expectations. you rode as hard as the coupes and showed that anything wearing a G35 badge owns the road. it's not as loud inside, but everyone and I know when I'm on it hard. hope one of the videos shot during the stampede have an audio of it. spill, just keep in mind that I also have test pipes so just an exhaust won't be quite as audible. was great meeting everyone, best driving experience I've ever had, hands down

I took a video of the last one I did in my Sedan 6mt. Yea everyone was amazed since I was the only Sedan on that run, one coupe, and the rest Zs and other cars. I was up front hauling *** when no one else could keep up with me, this other 350z and a g35 coupe.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by youngturk

The news is here:

Oh man that sucks. I been there a few times...well they will rebuild it I am sure!

Old 06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
G35TX, so much for restraint on the semi-stampede. glad to hear a G was leading the pack. MSD is correct about teh emissions but either way it'll cause me problems because I have test pipes. either install my cats and delete the codes or install O2 simulators. you should pass right now spill (and welcome back to the world), but either wayI happen to know someone who has a license.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oasis burned down...

Old 06-05-2005, 05:25 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500
Oasis burned down...
I hear that the Oasis is still open, just a portion burned down. It will be rebuilt and returned to Austin!

Old 06-05-2005, 07:10 PM
heard just most of the outside decks burned. that was the portion that made so much money. most people I know that frequent there don't do it for the food. the owner would be an idiot not to rebuild considering how much money that place makes him

Old 06-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by cato
I hear that the Oasis is still open, just a portion burned down. It will be rebuilt and returned to Austin!
I drove by The Oasis Friday evening, and it was open. News8Austin's website said that the 'Starlight Terrace' was untouched by the fire, and that as of Friday it has been open for business. They can now only handle a capacity of 600 though, compared to their old capacity of 2,000 people.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
the owner would be an idiot not to rebuild considering how much money that place makes him
As hard as it may be to conceive, he doesn't need the money, and the place is probably more of a headache than the money is worth... but he will rebuild it because he wants it to continue on as an Austin landmark.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:58 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I reposted the pics of the second annual Ragin' Bull Texas Stampede. Man...what a day. Like I said in another post, I'm still shaking from that drive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Raging Bull Texas Stampede Pics