South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005 | 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by KK2FAST4U
Thanks for the idea about the 2 way radios! I plan on buying a pair of radios before Sunday. Anyone have any suggestions on which brand or which models to buy? I checked Best Buy, and they must have 25 different ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Like Liv, I have a pair of Motorola radios. I would recommend the Motorola Talkabout series (which I believe is still in production). My pair was $40, I think (I can't live large like Liv apparently can). Most, if not all, radios I have come across at drives are Motorola Talkabouts. Even the low-priced ones come with features you won't need most of the time. As long as you can set a channel and sub-channel, you're good to go. Even if you go with a model outside of the Talkabout series, you should be fine if it is a Motorola radio.

See you guys on Sunday. Spread the word!

Old 06-21-2005 | 10:30 PM
|
Rough Draft of Plan for Sunday. I will print out a FINAL copy and bring it to the meet Sunday Morning.

Planned Schedule and Route Directions

7:30 – 7:45 Meet near Abuelos at the Barton Creek Mall.
7:45 – 8:00 Take pictures and chat
8:00 – 9:30 DRIVE!
9:30ish – 10:30ish Meet up for breakfast? (IHOP on the Loop, or Rudy’s)????

Leave Barton Creek Mall and head north on Mopac (1)
Exit Mopac and head West on 2222
Continue West on 2222 across 620, road will change names to Bullick Hollow Road Continue West on Bullick Hollow Road until it dead ends into Anderson Mill Road
Turn Left (south) onto Anderson Mill Road (2769) , name will change to Lime Creek
Drive Lime Creek, Drive Lime Creek, keep driving Lime Creek!!!
Lime Creek will Dead End into Anderson Mill Road
Turn Left onto Anderson Mill Road and continue until it hits Whitestone Blvd (1431)
Turn Right on Whitestone Blvd (1431) and continue for approx 2 Miles
Turn right onto 183 south, and continue for approx 7.5 Miles
Exit 183 (Research Blvd) and head South East on Spicewood Springs Road
Continue for around 1.5 miles and then turn left onto Old Spicewood Springs Road.
NOTE!!! There are 3 dips on Old Spicewood that could cause you to bottom out, watch out for these!! They all occur at a creek crossing.
Stay on Old Spicewood Springs Road until you reach 360 (Capital of Texas)
Turn Right onto Capital of Texas Highway and head south for around 7.1 miles
Take the Bee Caves (2244) exit and head right (west)
Turn Left onto Barton Creek Blvd (at the light)
Continue on Barton Creek Blvd for approx 2.5 miles then
Turn Left onto Lost Creek Blvd. Continue on Lost Creek Blvd until you get to 360
Turn Right on 360 and head for breakfast.

Old 06-21-2005 | 10:35 PM
|
By the way, I saw a very attrative woman driving a Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe this morning on Mopac, around 8:00 am. Anyone else seen her around town or did one of you guys let your wifey drive the G this morning!!!???

Old 06-22-2005 | 12:14 AM
sounds great. I'll try to get there a little early, say 7ish and take pictures of everything. I've only got my little digital camera but it's 7.2 megapixel so it does well. just changed the oil in my car and checked over everything today so I'm ready to roll. only thing I'm dabating on is setting my front alignment back in for more control or leave it where it's at and save my tires. tough call

Old 06-22-2005 | 12:25 AM
|
Sounds Great, I will also be there earlier. So LIV, you want to change my oil??? I need to do that also, too bad I don't have any of my tools here. Anyone know a decent place to get oil changed here in Austin? The dealership wants close to $40 I think. I would save the tires Liv, not sure we will be driving so extreme that it would make that much difference. I will try to find out whats going on with the road situation around 1431. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-22-2005 | 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by KK2FAST4U
By the way, I saw a very attrative woman driving a Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe this morning on Mopac, around 8:00 am. Anyone else seen her around town or did one of you guys let your wifey drive the G this morning!!!???

See her all the time around Camp Mabry on Mopac (I have a DG coupe, too... hers is either an '04 non-sport suspension or an '05 with 18"'s, I guess).

Gave her a wave, get a smile back, and haul ***.

Regarding oil, I usually take my own Mobil 1 and filter to the dealership. I think it's like $17 plus tax for labor only, which I don't really mind since I'm in the habit of dropping the car off in the morning and taking a loaner until lunch to pick it up.

Old 06-22-2005 | 12:30 PM
i'm going out to go over lime creek from volente to 1431 this evening after traffic thins. like 7.30-8ish.

Old 06-22-2005 | 04:56 PM
|
Spill, Thanks for the info. By the way, any chance you are making the rally Sunday? On that note how many people from this board will be able to make it? Has anyone had any luck recruiting from some of the other boards?

Old 06-22-2005 | 05:09 PM
i'll be there, you, turk, dont think anyone else can make it this time. spill said he couldn't, I think. i posted in the my350z forum but no one has said anything. so they're not interested or they think they're too good to be seen with G35s. haha

Old 06-23-2005 | 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
i'll be there, you, turk, dont think anyone else can make it this time. spill said he couldn't, I think. i posted in the my350z forum but no one has said anything. so they're not interested or they think they're too good to be seen with G35s. haha
Hey guys, I'm from my350z.com, and I definitely think we're too good for G35s. haha. JK! I saw the post and I'm in. Hope to meet you guys there.

Old 06-23-2005 | 12:23 AM
good to have you in along enginerd. I figrued that comment would instigate someone to join in. we've also got an 04 M3 coming with KK. spread the word engin, anyone else from my350z who're interested should come too.

Old 06-23-2005 | 01:46 PM
A buddy might bring his '98 M3 or he might be riding shotgun. He wants to shoot pictures. Is this strictly a drive or will there be picture opportunities in between?

Old 06-23-2005 | 02:02 PM
|
I think there are a couple of people going, that need to get back for church. But if he wants to drive the route, we (or some of us) could go back out and do certain parts over again. We could plan that kind of thing as we go. I am open all day

Just as an update: It looks like we currenly have 2 G35's, 2 Z's and 3 BMW's with a possible 4th one. Spread the word!

Old 06-23-2005 | 07:48 PM
got a call today from contact in San Antonio. good news to anyone on the rally. if anyone wants to come along, there's an import dyno day planned at a frind's shop in New Braunfels. it's on an inground DynoJet rated at 1200HP max. I don't think anyone is going to top that. but for anyone interested in seeing what they're putting down it's $45 for 2 runs with a wideband O2 sensor mapping. I'm going to post a separate thread about it also, for anyone interested but not wanting to attend the rally. the times that I was told are, it'll start around 10am and go until maybe 3 or 4. there are 30 cars estimated attending right now. more if we show up

Old 06-23-2005 | 07:58 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
got a call today from contact in San Antonio. good news to anyone on the rally. if anyone wants to come along, there's an import dyno day planned at a frind's shop in New Braunfels. it's on an inground DynoJet rated at 1200HP max. I don't think anyone is going to top that. but for anyone interested in seeing what they're putting down it's $45 for 2 runs with a wideband O2 sensor mapping. I'm going to post a separate thread about it also, for anyone interested but not wanting to attend the rally. the times that I was told are, it'll start around 10am and go until maybe 3 or 4. there are 30 cars estimated attending right now. more if we show up
You heard wrong though. It is noted that this DYNO day is only for European cars ONLY. I already asked to go, but they won't let us.

http://www.texasracingscene.com/showthread.php?t=981

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!