SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Official SC Check-IN!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodG35
Greg Porter In Easley on 123 does excellent work, but you will pay for it. Next to Greg's shop is a custom paint & body shop his son owns and will pay even more (two arms and two legs)

Contact Chris (CUX 350z) who just had is entire car repainted by a shop in Greenville for a reasonable price.
I contacted Chris to see what he says.

I will probably check those other two places if they are good.
I want to paint the trunk, back & front bumper. Hope that I can get a price of around $700, it not then I will just do the front and trunk.

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Huey777
I contacted Chris to see what he says.

I will probably check those other two places if they are good.
I want to paint the trunk, back & front bumper. Hope that I can get a price of around $700, it not then I will just do the front and trunk.

Thanks!
Greg Porter quoted $1000 to fix a small scrape near rear passenger side wheel lip and bumper lip with me removing/installing bumper.

Chris paid approx $4200 to paint car/engine bay and some other minor body work.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
^responded

Ivory Pearl i assume is the same as PPW for nissan..........a PITA to match.
Image collission starts at around 3500 to paint your entire car.

My before:
Name:  daaaf4f6.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  164.0 KB

My After:
Name:  1044761_489145327830376_1129467328_n.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  118.6 KB

VQ35monstar, check my350z.com, there is a greenville threaed there too that the guys post up about meets. Cars and Coffee, Greer Drag, Cheifs, sometimes some sundays ect.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by HotRodG35
Greg Porter quoted $1000 to fix a small scrape near rear passenger side wheel lip and bumper lip with me removing/installing bumper.

Chris paid approx $4200 to paint car/engine bay and some other minor body work.
Greg Porter sounds expensive now. Probably wont go there :/

And thanks for the help.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Cux350z
^responded

My before:

My After:

VQ35monstar, check my350z.com, there is a greenville threaed there too that the guys post up about meets. Cars and Coffee, Greer Drag, Cheifs, sometimes some sundays ect.
That looks pretty good.
I will probably call and ask them how much it could cost to get the trunk and fromt bumper repainted.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
^thanks

hear anything back?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just checking in

whatz up fellow G driver's and to all my Greenville S.C. peeps!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 AM
^thanks

hear anything back?
I couldn't find Pro Custom's on my google maps.
But I just found the address right now on my laptop,
does this sound right 409 Westbrook Ct, Spartanburg, SC 29303 (near heron circle)

Anyways, I did go to a shops near Heron Circle since I couldn't find the other one till now.
I went to Econo Painting.
I also went to 2 in Boiling Springs.
Kimbrell's paint and auto, and Superior Auto auto body.

All of them basically said that they couldn't do the job because the colors (the bumpers, & skirts) are as close to Ivory pearl as they are going to get. (which i don't think is true) Especially for the back bumper. That back bumper is a bit off and I think that it could definitely be painted to a closer color. I have decided that I will accept the front bumper, even though it is a bit off ( not as much as the front) because all three of them said that the front bumper will be as close as it will get.

Hopefully I will find someone that will do the job.
But I will check out Image collisions tomorrow and pro customs tomorrow.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I hooked up with the Z boys

^responded

My before:

My After:

Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes that is the correct address. 864- 804 - 6165 Jason will be the one to answer. He has a facebook page as well.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pr...14976945247215

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Robert
Columbia
2007 v36 G35x
Black
Just bought it last month so no mods..... yet

I am new to the Asian car scene and after using search for a few days to learn about mine I still have a few questions so here we go:
OEM Brembo brakes; All model cars swap over? as in can I take an 04 G35 coupes Brembo's and put them on my V36 G35x sedan without any mods or extra parts?
How much HP can the V36 AWD system handle? How about the transmission? What can you do to change that number? Is there a tuner to improve the shift points in the Auto? I'm debating on 380hp+
Navigation upgrade; Is that as simple as sliding a OEM NAV CD in and letting it relearn the car or do you have to swap hardware. If so what hardware
Steering wheel peeling; Any of you had issues getting it replaced under extended warranty?

Last edited by germanrob82; 08-29-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: questions
Old 08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by germanrob82
Robert
Columbia
2007 v36 G35x
Black
Just bought it last month so no mods..... yet

I am new to the Asian car scene and after using search for a few days to learn about mine I still have a few questions so here we go:
OEM Brembo brakes; All model cars swap over? as in can I take an 04 G35 coupes Brembo's and put them on my V36 G35x sedan without any mods or extra parts?
How much HP can the V36 AWD system handle? How about the transmission? What can you do to change that number? Is there a tuner to improve the shift points in the Auto? I'm debating on 380hp+
Navigation upgrade; Is that as simple as sliding a OEM NAV CD in and letting it relearn the car or do you have to swap hardware. If so what hardware
Steering wheel peeling; Any of you had issues getting it replaced under extended warranty?
No all model brakes do not switch over. infiniti/nissan changed there brake systems numerous times during the generations in both the coupe and sedan. however brackets are being produced in some situations to make certain calipers bolt up to oem brackets

Tranny is good but valve body upgrade will be needed for faster/better shift response and overall strength of valve body. Change of final drive gearing would make the power you have more useful during certain power bands though make city driving slightly less enjoyable depending upon your gearing. and yes any good tuner will also adjust shift response and other various tranny operations

the oem nav I'm not familair with but a simple search should yeild you plenty of results on that topic.

good luck with everything and welcome to the G scene

Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by DailyDrivenCoupe
No all model brakes do not switch over. infiniti/nissan changed there brake systems numerous times during the generations in both the coupe and sedan. however brackets are being produced in some situations to make certain calipers bolt up to oem brackets

Tranny is good but valve body upgrade will be needed for faster/better shift response and overall strength of valve body. Change of final drive gearing would make the power you have more useful during certain power bands though make city driving slightly less enjoyable depending upon your gearing. and yes any good tuner will also adjust shift response and other various tranny operations

the oem nav I'm not familair with but a simple search should yeild you plenty of results on that topic.

good luck with everything and welcome to the G scene
Which cars have plug and play Brembo's for my V36 G35x?
2007 v36 g35x Automatic Tranny is good? As in it'll take 400? 800? 1200?
I'm not sure changing the final drive in any AWD is cheap or easy sir, I have other plans

Old 08-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by germanrob82
Which cars have plug and play Brembo's for my V36 G35x?
2007 v36 g35x Automatic Tranny is good? As in it'll take 400? 800? 1200?
I'm not sure changing the final drive in any AWD is cheap or easy sir, I have other plans

all you are doing is changing the final drive gear in pumpkin and gearing will be set. but 500 with valve body upgrade should give u little issues

Old 08-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by DailyDrivenCoupe
all you are doing is changing the final drive gear in pumpkin and gearing will be set. but 500 with valve body upgrade should give u little issues
If that's all you do, would that not cause the rear to increase what percentage of power its receiving in comparison to the front since it would be rotating more times per revolution of the driveshaft? Is this because the front half can not handle over 400whp and you need to change where the power goes?
500 on a stock awd setup, with valve body upgrade to adjust shift points ONLY or is it needed to push past 305awhp?

sorry for the zillion questions but ur answers are vague and I really wanna know specifics before I accidentally blow up something that could cost thousands to repair or replace.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official SC Check-IN!!!!