SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Official SC Check-IN!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I list these options as safety precautions to strengthen the tranny. you can leave it stock and make over 300awhp but how long will it last is the question. your best bet is to just do some research. I haven't fooled with thr awd stuff but I'd feel comfortable with my 5at and a transgo shift kit and having 400whp all day on spray. wouldn't see why awd stuff would be weaker then my 2wd...

but just start doing some research to see what it'll take to reach your goals outta this car. plenty of threads on here

correct me if I'm wrong too but changing the final drive (as I know it in a rwd) will shorten the gears thus revving faster and keeping you higher in powerbands at shift points. thus making the car faster in almost all situations.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DailyDrivenCoupe
I list these options as safety precautions to strengthen the tranny. you can leave it stock and make over 300awhp but how long will it last is the question. your best bet is to just do some research. I haven't fooled with thr awd stuff but I'd feel comfortable with my 5at and a transgo shift kit and having 400whp all day on spray. wouldn't see why awd stuff would be weaker then my 2wd...

but just start doing some research to see what it'll take to reach your goals outta this car. plenty of threads on here

correct me if I'm wrong too but changing the final drive (as I know it in a rwd) will shorten the gears thus revving faster and keeping you higher in powerbands at shift points. thus making the car faster in almost all situations.
I mean safety precautions isn't really what I was getting at. You can leave it stock and make less then 300awhp and still have to wonder how long it will last and need safety precautions. I did do some research and found nothing, hence why I asked here. Glad to hear about the rwd drivetrain being solid. AWD stuff can be weaker due to several reasons ranging from the valve body, as mentioned before, to the transfer gears stripping at 550awhp.

I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot with anyone but I literally searched for 2 days with next to no confirmation on what the V36 AWD system is capable of handling and what mods you can make for added security up to what hp. I do plan on spraying or boosting the car. Do any of you have some solid information on the AWD's power limitations?

You are correct in RWD application but as I understand it the G35x is already biased towards the rear and changing the gearing in ONLY the rear pumpkin would effect that ratio greatly along with many other mechanical characteristics of the drivetrain resulting in a significant change in the handling of the vehicle.... if I wanted RWD I would have bought RWD, no offense everyone.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
lol you didn't get off on the wrong foot man. I'm not like some stuck up forum members. I don't know everything about these cars but do love discussing everything so I can still learn too lol. especially when it comes to stuff like the awd models or even newer hr engines. sometimes my350z.com will have more info on these topics and builds in general thougjh awd prolly isnt discussed too often.

nobody told you to change it to rwd bud, only reason rwd came up is during gearing parts of conversation in which we have since had that discussion on effects of gearing in awd vs. rwd.

are you planning on running this at the strip? cause then you would use a totally different setup then you would if running from a roll. at the end of the day you need to explain more about your plan/use of the car before anyone could tell you "what you need to upgrade". if drag strip is goal a driveshaft, upgraded torque converter, and possibly even strengthen input and output shafts to keep you from breaking during boost/spray in low gears. solid bushing and nice suspension can help you hook up all this power your trying to make along with better tires so make surr your thinking about that included in your build as well. good luck with everything man. these cars are fun to build and drive but it can be a long process. hope you enjoy

Old 09-01-2013, 07:07 AM
lol you didn't get off on the wrong foot man. I'm not like some stuck up forum members. I don't know everything about these cars but do love discussing everything so I can still learn too lol. especially when it comes to stuff like the awd models or even newer hr engines. sometimes my350z.com will have more info on these topics and builds in general thougjh awd prolly isnt discussed too often.

nobody told you to change it to rwd bud, only reason rwd came up is during gearing parts of conversation in which we have since had that discussion on effects of gearing in awd vs. rwd.

are you planning on running this at the strip? cause then you would use a totally different setup then you would if running from a roll. at the end of the day you need to explain more about your plan/use of the car before anyone could tell you "what you need to upgrade". if drag strip is goal a driveshaft, upgraded torque converter, and possibly even strengthen input and output shafts to keep you from breaking during boost/spray in low gears. solid bushing and nice suspension can help you hook up all this power your trying to make along with better tires so make surr your thinking about that included in your build as well. good luck with everything man. these cars are fun to build and drive but it can be a long process. hope you enjoy
This is frustrating.... If you don't know the answer its fine dude. I work 60hrs+ a week and feel like I have to spend time every night explaining my question in further detail just to wind up with more questions I need answered.

It MIGHT see the strip one day, but I'm gearing more towards road atlanta or cmp in kershaw. I know it would be a different setup, I have a toy that has a 4.10lsd diff w/ 1:1 5th and 3.86 final drive in it. Lemmie reword the question... what mods for what hp gains, be thorough the more the better any (and ONLY) AWD info is welcome. I am still deciding what direction I will be heading with the car and these answers will be playing a role in that, so I can not tell you that answer. I know how to make a car hook sir, please don't change the subject. thank you for the luck and info thus far, I will be doing some research on these in/out shafts to see what they are rated to handle. If you could ask around to find some of the answers to these questions I would greatly appreciate that. These cars are no where near as annoying as the german cars I'm used to... the toy is an 88 325i w/ a freshly done 97 OBD2 3.2 dohc m3 swap with every mod and bolt on I could do, including rebuilding the motor from the ground up.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by germanrob82
This is frustrating.... If you don't know the answer its fine dude. I work 60hrs+ a week and feel like I have to spend time every night explaining my question in further detail just to wind up with more questions I need answered.

It MIGHT see the strip one day, but I'm gearing more towards road atlanta or cmp in kershaw. I know it would be a different setup, I have a toy that has a 4.10lsd diff w/ 1:1 5th and 3.86 final drive in it. Lemmie reword the question... what mods for what hp gains, be thorough the more the better any (and ONLY) AWD info is welcome. I am still deciding what direction I will be heading with the car and these answers will be playing a role in that, so I can not tell you that answer. I know how to make a car hook sir, please don't change the subject. thank you for the luck and info thus far, I will be doing some research on these in/out shafts to see what they are rated to handle. If you could ask around to find some of the answers to these questions I would greatly appreciate that. These cars are no where near as annoying as the german cars I'm used to... the toy is an 88 325i w/ a freshly done 97 OBD2 3.2 dohc m3 swap with every mod and bolt on I could do, including rebuilding the motor from the ground up.
so u bash me for admitting I don't know everything and just giving you areas to research? no wonder nobody else even attempted to be nice and help. but here is the thread you should read since you "searched" and couldn't find anything

search was quite simple, typed in mods to buy (searched titles only), and BAM!, https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...light=mods+buy

Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM
so u bash me for admitting I don't know everything and just giving you areas to research? no wonder nobody else even attempted to be nice and help. but here is the thread you should read since you "searched" and couldn't find anything

search was quite simple, typed in mods to buy (searched titles only), and BAM!, https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...light=mods+buy
Yep found that thread had alot of great info but nothing about awd setups available. Which was kinda disappointing considering how thorough his information was about other parts of the vehicle. I searched the first 5 pages, is there more somewhere that ur aware of?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 PM
no that's why I say its gonna be hard for aomeone to just tell you what mods you need to do. ur gonna have to just compile as much info as you can and try to make a guess as the best setup to try and run first.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
they usually only talk about their engine and suspension mods and not drivetrain setups and upgrades unfortunately. maybe make a post in the drivetrain section and see if u get any advice

Old 10-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
wow I heaven't looked at this thread in like 2 years. Anyway, I'm selling my G and wanted to see if anyone would be interested(maybe your friends or family) since you all are somewhat close by.

2004 DG Coupe Automatic
121,XXX miles
Black leather 8/10 due to driver side bolster rip
mods are in my sig
premium and aero package from factory

Looking to get $9,000 for it. KBB puts it around $9,800 in execellent condition. Look at the first page of the thread for a pic. If you need more, shoot me a text, 803-448-4565. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
1. G35SC'd07
2.Northeast Columbia
3. 2007 G35 Coupe 6MT
4. Red
5. Motordyne Shockwave TDX and 5/16 spacer, Uprev, GTM stage 2 supercharger setup, and OS clutch/flywheel.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 PM
1. 2003 G35 sedan
2. Artic Silver
3. Auto
4.Stillen pulley kit, grounding wire kit, Z tube, Removed rear exhaust resonator
5. Harbison area Columbia

Old 10-04-2014, 11:33 PM
1. G35SC'd07
2.Northeast Columbia
3. 2007 G35 Coupe 6MT
4. Red
5. Motordyne Shockwave TDX and 5/16 spacer, Uprev, GTM stage 2 twin turbo set up(ended up changing my order 2 weeks after placing it for their Supercharger kit and went with turbo since I have always had them) now I am in the process of buying parts from my parts list. Have met a few nissan guys here lately. I am the only twin turbo G35 in Columbia SC yay! Getting Z1 to tune my car here after Z days

Old 10-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Niceeee^

Old 11-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bigmike
Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC
2006 G35 6MT Premium/Sport
Liquid Platinum
Tein S.tech, SPC Camber kit, JWT Pop Charger, JWT Clutch and FW, Wilwood Master Cylinder, MD MREV2 and 5/16" spacer, MD XYZ pipe w/ resonator, H&R 25mm R and 20mm F Spacers, JDM clear corners, White LED exterior light package, Rolled fenders. ART Pipes + Osiris coming soon!

Old 03-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Ross
Chuck town (Charleston)
06 infiniti g35 sedan
laguna blue (b30)
partial debadge, pained grill, touch screen, muffler delete with 350z midpipe and duel exit ehaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official SC Check-IN!!!!