SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

CIN Motorsports Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
CIN Motorsports - Charlotte, NC (my experience with my G35x)

I'd like to give a shout out to CIN Motorsports in Charlotte, NC. For awhile I have been wanting to do some work to my G35x, so I Googled around to find some shops that could do what I want. I didn't want an inexperience shop and I wanted quality. After calling a few places and not being able to get anyone on the phone to talk about my plans I got through to CIN. Later I walked in with about $10,000 in ideas and they took that and created a plan for me. They were very knowledgeable and cool guys and specialize in Nissan. Bobby really seems to know every nook and cranny of cars and can answer any question you throw at him. I took my project car up there for them to look over and they inspected it and got all the usuals ready to be taken care of too. They were very quick and before I knew it I was handing them a check today. Basically they have cars in their shop doing all kinds of things, LS swaps, twin-turbo show cars, old school cars. I'll be doing some more work to my car in April and I'm taking it there for sure. If you are looking for a good shop you might want to try them. It will probably be a month before I drive my car but I can't wait!

Last edited by epborden; 05-14-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
What are you having done to the car? Is anything on order?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to update yet again. So of course this would happen right when I get anxious about my parts and the shop. I call this morning to do as I said I would and as crazy as this is the UPS man had delivered the parts as soon as I called up. Guy was opening the boxes right when I called. Take that as you want. I called up Vortech to see if they were having delays and CS told me they had delayed some kits and all orders for CIN had shipped out. So what you see in my last post is me getting really nervous about my $10k floating in space, and I think you could see why.

The stuff I am having get done to my car, an '05 G35x:
Vortech kit (this was a major delay, apparently)
Tanabe medallion exhaust (also major delay)
Differential bushing
DW 320 fuel pump
DW 600cc injectors
GT MAF sensor
Berks HFC's
Transgo shift kit (car is 5AT)
Stoptech upgrade all around

I'll keep this thread updated with what comes of the installation and service. Car is probably going in next week, FINALLY! I'm looking at you Vortech and Tanabe!

Last edited by epborden; 05-14-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Get in line! I feel you on the wait. My car has been there a while(since september?) but they should be wrapping it up tonight and tomorrow. It is a 3 man shop so things do take time.

Never pay 100% upfront. Any cash paid should only be for parts and if you want to do partial on the labor. you have to keep them wanting to get paid.

setting the expectation of getting the car back in April before parts were ordered and received is a bad idea for everyone. it only leads to strife and disappointment. You just never know how long until parts arrive.

Gl with the build.

Vortechs are quick and easy installs. If youre staying stock block it should be a quick turnaround.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Ah hah! So YOU'RE the reason my car isn't in yet! I knew it, I knew there was some scoundrel taking up my space!

No but seriously, I never exactly set an expectation, we were really loose about it. Obviously I'd have liked it to be done sooner, as would anyone, but I was just initially shocked by the delays. I haven't dealt with anyone there except Chad and Bobby and no work has been done so not having any prior experience of course I'd be a little skeptical. I've heard by some folks that a lot of shops WILL take your money and give you the run around for one reason or another. That shocked me too especially because I was having such a good experience. I hate that CIN has to deal with the situations that these OTHER companies put them. I gave them all my money up front because they seemed trust worthy and had a good record. They did inform me that labor could fluctuate and I was fine with that. Without taking the motor apart it really is anyone's guess if you've never worked on it so I understand that perfectly well.

I just have that need for speed. It's a terrible addiction, and I AM addicted, so I'm scratching my neck looking at my philosophical crack (auto parts) sitting around gathering dust.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 PM
You probably saw my car up there...shes been there for a long time. I have been really pushy this past week to get it done and they are getting on it. (just had body redone so this car has be in shops for over a year now..just want to drive her!)

Next time order the parts and bring them with you when you drop the car off..no excuses or delays.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Also you are in good hands. Bobby and the guys will take care of you. They are not a fly by night seedy shop. They sacrifice a lot of time away from their families to do this work.

Bobby will spend his time talking on the phone going over details late at night..he is dedicated.

Just accept the timeline slippage and youll sleep better.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Car is now at CIN. Unfortunately I am out of town until the end of the month but I am excited to see what they do. I will keep updating with my experience as time progresses.

I saw a few 350's in there and that M56 is still there. I have to say the twin rear mount turbos look real good.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Any update on your build?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Called them today to get a progress update. My valve covers were leaking so I had them replaced with Maxima covers. Getting the axles taken care of. Work is going well according to Bobby. He bumped me up to 1000cc injectors because he was seeing some maxed dyno results from the 600's on another car, and he added a trans cooler... both for free! I think it will be on the dyno this week so I am interested in what numbers I will get. I will be up there Wednesday so I will snap some pics and post back.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM
600cc would be fine for stock block...1000cc is a bit overkill.

Maxima have metal valve covers?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I want to make more power later, and the car is an X so it carries an extra 400 pounds with it so he is putting in the 1000cc to compensate for that. The Maxima covers are not metal, same material as before, but they are about 90% cheaper ($95 each at CIN) and they fit! The only issues are clearance with the oil cap when using a stock plenum since the inlet is smaller, and with #6 (rear driver's side) the wiring is too short to reach so you have to extend that or make an adapter bracket which CIN does. I'm interested in the bracket because I have not seen that before.

You can see the oil cap here, but otherwise the layout is pretty much the same.
Name:  VCSWAP5_zpscf5a146a.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  86.8 KB

Old 05-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Just a small update. I said I would post back some time ago but do not have the car yet. I went up there last week to check it out as all the work was done. Car sounds awesome, and the new intercooler and trans cooler poking out look even more awesome. I was with my wife so I didn't want to hang around forever and take a lot of pictures. Now I am waiting on Bobby to tune the car. He says he will have it back to me before ZdayZ (next weekend of the 15th), so I am looking at next week when I will probably have the car back. I will take pictures of their work and do a video and post back here.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I believe he was tuning yours today when i was up there. A silver'ish AWD sedan?

Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that should be mine. I was bothering him last week about it because I've got it scheduled for paint next week. Did he have it on the dyno?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CIN Motorsports Charlotte, NC