SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

tinting in atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tinting in atlanta

Anyone know of a tint shop around here that can cleanly tint, including the dot matrix pieces in the rear window?

Old 07-19-2005, 08:26 PM
i would like this info too. also, does any one know if there is an "official" huper optik dealer near atlanta?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I'd also like a recommendation...I will be visiting Custom Sun Control in Marietta on Cobb Pkwy (recommended by a coworker) sometime this week and will hopefully post what I find.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
What tint place in atlanta have you guys gone with? Nalley had a recommended place but wondering what your recommendations are. Also what levels of tint are you going with?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Haven't gotten it done yet....still shopping. I did visit Custom Sun Control, who is a Formula One dealer; they wanted $320 for it which seemed a little high, but they were very professional, seemed to know their stuff, and had the recommendation mentioned above by a coworker. I also went to Area-41 (an audio/tint place just north of Old-41 on 41 in Kennesaw) who wanted $275 for SunGuard. Lastly I called Alta Mere in Roswell; they charge $380 for Huper Optik or $250 for Pro Shield (I think, I didn't write it down).

All places would only do 35% all-around, as they all warned of the new law passed recently (last year?). Alta Mere said that technically, those tinted darker in other states or before the law passed would have to remove that tint and go with 35%...we both agreed this was a bit extreme. Due to the law, and the fact that I'll want some heating during the winter, I'll stick with 35%.

Now I just need to figure out how much heat reduction I want to buy, and if I want a ceramic, metallic, dyed, or other(?) film. They all were lifetime warranty, did the rear window in 1 piece, promised the tint wouldn't affect the antenna, had 99% UV, etc. I definitely don't want to go with any less requirements.

Who was Nalley recommending?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:50 PM
FYI - i emailed huper optik regarding tint in ATL and this is what they responded with:

"Thank you for your interest in our industry leading window film technologies. The dealer for the Atlanta, GA is:

Solar Eclipse
Phone# 770-614-1750"

They gave me a quote for $350. Going to make an appt as soon as I get some free time....

Old 08-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Interesting. I'm sure Alta Mere will be happy about this. Perhaps they only considered Atlanta, and not the entire metro area?

Another question....do you think tinting gets less expensive in the winter months? I don't have to have it soon.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Nalley recommends Sun whatever right down the street from them. I doubt the price changes, 320 is what they quoted me today for 35% all around. I mean if you want I can refer you to the place that will do whatever you want, but bring cash. They are lifetime warranty, but not sure the brand of the tint, but they do a good job. They've been there 10 years I think. I agree 320 seems high, but Formula One has been highly recommended. Let me know what you do. Also we need to start an Atl g35 club or something, I want to get some ideas on mods and stuff :-)

Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM
We already have a Atl G&Z club check us out on www.g35frenzy.com we are all on there.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 PM
k thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey weaksauce, why are you searching out huper optik? I don't know anything about the brand, and want to learn more about the different features of the films on the market....Thanks!

Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
actually I was wrong, they recommend hot spot tinting also in cobb, guess the names are too similar lol. But they quoted me 219 for 35 all around w/ sunguard.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by shaigh
Hey weaksauce, why are you searching out huper optik? I don't know anything about the brand, and want to learn more about the different features of the films on the market....Thanks!
from what i understand, it gives the most heat protection for the opacity. so a 35% with huper keeps out alot more heat then most other tints. i am not looking for a dark look, just looking for it to look cool and keep out heat. you might try reading up on it on their site. i'll see if i can find links to videos that i saw on the net about the company. ill be out for until sunday tho, so wont be able to post them until the. if i find them, ill post them for you tho...

Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by erikill
actually I was wrong, they recommend hot spot tinting also in cobb, guess the names are too similar lol. But they quoted me 219 for 35 all around w/ sunguard.
That's a little more in line with what I expected. Their web page quoted 239, but doesn't specify what tint that is for. I'll go check them out. Thanks!

Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by weaksauce
from what i understand, it gives the most heat protection for the opacity. so a 35% with huper keeps out alot more heat then most other tints. i am not looking for a dark look, just looking for it to look cool and keep out heat. you might try reading up on it on their site. i'll see if i can find links to videos that i saw on the net about the company. ill be out for until sunday tho, so wont be able to post them until the. if i find them, ill post them for you tho...
I'll check their site, and thanks for the info!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tinting in atlanta