SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Infiniti of Raleigh/key fob option issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cracked headlight threads and some pics:

Post #8 shows a hairline crack in the housing and not the glass. If your ever around millbrook and sixforks you can take a look at mines.

Chris needs to hurry up so I can do that retrofit!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...cked+headlight

Damn, the pictures from other threads are distorted also

Old 09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by RaleighNC
cracked headlight threads and some pics:

Post #8 shows a hairline crack in the housing and not the glass. If your ever around millbrook and sixforks you can take a look at mines.

Chris needs to hurry up so I can do that retrofit!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...cked+headlight

Damn, the pictures from other threads are distorted also
Actually afeter examining more closely, I found the crack. I called Chris a couple of days ago. He is supposed to be getting back with me as well. I haven't heard anything yet. He says that he has to see if Infiniti will cover it. Should there be any question(?)!

Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 AM
just a follow up on infiniti of raliegh... thanks to other members on this forum, i was able to obtain a copy of the service manual, and it took me all of three minutes to find the procedure that i requested in the manual, on page bl-58 black and white. and mark flaherty (service manager) said,"thanks for telling us." they had my car for 5 days, i waited an addition 1 1/2 hours, and they still didn't believe me, had me on the phone waiting for another tech who couldn't figure it out, then charge me $40, and all they say is thanks?
anyway, i told this information to the general manager who remembered the situation and recalled,"that's right, this was the procedure that we were not responsible for knowing about, because it wasn't in the manuals."
i responded with how i was able to find so quickly, actually gave him the step by step. he seemed surprised and had nothing left to say. he then said he would like to sit down and talk to me, mark, and chris about what exactly happened. i explained that i rarely go up to raliegh, so this will have to wait. but i'll tell you that i'm getting no less angry with them, so maybe i should wait.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
my issue is - i contacted infiniti consumer affairs, they acted on my behalf to talk to the dealer about a possible refund because of how events transpired.

infiniti of raleigh's response to consumer affairs - (and i had this recorded) "procedure was performed as requested" - when in fact, it was not performed as requested, or it would've been ready when i picked up my vehicle... it was not. or else i would have been happy, paid, and been on my way.

infiniti of raleigh's response to me, when confronted about their response to consumer affairs - well, we are not responsible for knowing everything about these cars, only what is in the service manual, and i (mark flaherty) and my techs looked extensively through the manuals and found nothing on this procedure. so because you looked this up on the internet, and it is not in our manuals, we are not responsible. however, if you find it, let us know. (nice catch all) that's like placing a bet, and saying well, i don't really think they will win, so if they do, could you give me my money anyway?

infiniti of raleigh's response to me finding the page in the manual - thanks. sorry, but thanks.

every reason for them not wanting to reimburse me has backfired - literally gone in my direction. they have no leg to stand on. unless the service manager is not given a reading test, and taught how to use the search function (which i learned on here).

by the way - just in case, for those of you that are curious what those steps are:
#1 open manuals (double click to open)

#2 find: keyfob (only one manual pops up - bl)

#3 open bl manual

#4 search: horn chirp (only 8 instances show up)

#5 look at first instance - that will demonstrate c mode and s mode

#6 look at the next three instances (fourth one is relevant) states that if you disable horn chirp mode, it must only be in c mode (so it flashes twice for locking, once for unlocking - which is exactly what i asked for)

didn't seem too hard for an infiniti tech, did it?

Old 09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Jas,

Normally Chris is cool, Mark on the other hand is pretty slick and I don't really trust him. You have very valid points. I hope everything works out for you. It's a shame that it is so difficult to get good customer service.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Chris has helped me out a couple of times. First with alignment at no charge one day after warranty expired (1 year and 1 day as luck would have it). And at the next visit then they finally found the problem (well after I had an "expert" diagnose the problem on the side for $20) and replaced a faulty wheel bearing under warranty. I can't say the techs are exceptionally sharp, but Chris tries to be an advocate for the customer. I can't say much for the rest of the staff. I have had my wheels scuffed but never pursued it. As long as nothing major gets broken or scratched while I'm there twice a year, I'll be happy enough.

After I go FI (next year), I'll be on the lookout for a local mechanic/tuner (or end up going to Charlotte as necessary). RaleighNC - who are u using - you have a vortech in or going in right?

Last edited by rcdash; 10-24-2005 at 11:11 PM.