SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Infiniti of Raleigh/key fob option issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of Raleigh/key fob option issues

i recently took my car to infiniti of raleigh. i had asked them to reprogram my settings so i could have the car blink 2 times, no horn, for lock and flash 1 time, no horn for unlock. i also turned my car in for a third time to get the seat to stop rocking, so i felt something was wrong with this place.

i get a call from the dealer saying my car was ready, but there are only two settings for the unlocking/locking function of the remote. the specs i gave were unable to be programmed. and that he had a copy of the manual and could show me how to do it, if i wanted.

when i showed up to pick up my car, i was in disbelief that the service rep, chris, actually thought this to be true. so i informed him that i had already had this programmed but there was an issue with my ecm so another dealer (costa mesa infiniti) reset my settings. all i wanted was my old setting back. he said it could not be done, he's never heard of anything like that. he brought the tech out and he told me the same thing. and then they talked to the service manger, mark flaherty, and he said the same thing. so i told him to call grubbs infiniti (this is who helped me the first time), and get the instructions from them. chris was on the phone for so long, he actually asked if i wanted to wait so he could take care of something else... well, it's not about me, it's about my car, so whatever it takes, right? but grubbs was no help at all.

after waiting there for over an hour, i was able to use chris' computer to get to this forum and print out the option list as someone posted here a while back (i didn't have my old sheet because i had it done originally 18 months ago). i downloaded the different settings, presented it to chris, which in turn gave it to the tech, and after waiting an additional 20 minutes, the tech said,"yeah, i can do it." no kidding. 5 minutes later the tech changed the settings to what i asked for the day i dropped it off (5 days before), he charged me $40. i would not have had an issue with paying this minimal fee if it was indeed what i had asked for when i dropped it off. but to make me wait an additional hour+, have me wait on the phone for the other infiniti tech to figure it out, brush me off because they thought it couldn't be done, as if i were making this up, and then have me do the research and to inform the service manager, rep, and tech how it CAN be done, and then charge me for it? there is no way i can endorse this kind of a dealership... not one that couldn't fix a rocking seat (that so many of us have had) in two prior attempts. incompetence. i don't expect the service rep to know everything about every single car. i believe chris did a good job of buffering the tech from the customer. but i can't believe there is no quality control. no assurance that what you want is indeed going to get done.

so i called infiniti consumer affairs about this, and requested that i get reimbursed the fee i paid for this job, since it was my time that got wasted, not their's. consumer affairs was in complete agreement with me about the service dept handled this was way out of line. they called the dealership and spoke with the service manager, mark, who declined to reimburse me. when they called me back, i requested them to speak with the general manager and not to the service manager, who i believe was the problem intitially. waiting on a call back from consumer affairs.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 PM
consumer affairs returned the call - they are unable to help me.
then infiniti of raleigh called, specifically mark flaherty, the service manager. he explained that the way the option had to be programmed is not found in the literature that was provided my infiniti, so they should not be held accountable for the delay, and he apologized about the way i was treated as far as making me wait for the service to be completed.

i will say this. i did not like the way the dealership went about this, nor do i have any faith in their ability to perform maintenance on these vehicles because of a lack of quality assurance. and i will not be going back there. a shame, because my wife almost bought a qx56 from there. i will take a little longer drive somewhere else. anybody have any preferences?

Old 09-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Amp
I think the next closest Infiniti dealership is in Greensboro. I don't want to give another dollar to Infiniti of Raleigh so I'll probably have my car serviced at Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham. I'm not sure what I will do if I ever run into warranty issues.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Try out Lake Norman Infiniti. I bought my G there and went back (post sale) to have my Sirius, Front Lip installed ad oil change. Sales process was handled very well and the service was handled professionally. If it was not a 2.5 hour ride, I would go there everytime I needed something done to the G.

BTW, Amp, Do you know anything about Southern States Nissan? They have one on the Cary/Apex border and I was thinking about using them for future oil changes...

Old 09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Amp
I think the next closest Infiniti dealership is in Greensboro. I don't want to give another dollar to Infiniti of Raleigh so I'll probably have my car serviced at Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham. I'm not sure what I will do if I ever run into warranty issues.
Amp, what happened at Inifiniti of Raleigh? If you've posted here before, I apologize, I'm too lazy right now to do a search.

--Ox

Old 09-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Amp
Portland,
Southern States in Apex is just down the road from where I work. I haven't heard anything about them lately but back when I was looking to buy a Z a couple summers ago I seem to remember a number of people either at work and maybe on one of the Z boards who weren't happy with their service. MJ Nissan seems to have the best rep. of the 3 Nissan Dealerships in the area.

Oxanar,
There wasn't any one thing. There were just a number of little things that add up to me not wanting to deal with them anymore. Long stories. Too much to type. The next time I run into you at work I'll give you the run down.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:01 AM
Wow, i'm surprised you guys have run into so many issues with Infiniti of Raleigh. I've been there quite a few times, mostly things related to TSB's such as clickin of axles, 3 times for the rear brakes sqeaking, window streaks, sunroof clicking, stuff like that. Chris and Kyle usually look out for me as much as possible, I've talked to Mark a few times as well..overall nice guys. But i'll be cautious, I am getting everything done for warranty issues and not getting charged.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Amp
I used to work at RPM Nissan and I love the guys there! BUT now that Richard is gone from the service department and Tim from parts department (The guy who shot his girlfriend at church) is gone, I am definately not ever going back there.

I drove all the way from RPM Nissan to Monroe, NC (Charlotte) with my mothers car. Problem is: they put her damn directional tires on backwards and forgot one lug on the front right wheel!!! WTF

My family currently owns two Nissans now but we have had many in the past, and I think the only reason they continue to go back there is unfortunately out of habit!

Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by ozracer01
Wow, i'm surprised you guys have run into so many issues with Infiniti of Raleigh. I've been there quite a few times, mostly things related to TSB's such as clickin of axles, 3 times for the rear brakes sqeaking, window streaks, sunroof clicking, stuff like that. Chris and Kyle usually look out for me as much as possible, I've talked to Mark a few times as well..overall nice guys. But i'll be cautious, I am getting everything done for warranty issues and not getting charged.
Sorry for the double post guys: Well since we are talking about warranty issues, check your headlights for this hairline crack that everyone has! It is actually a long crack in the housing not the outside cover (glass)!

I talked to Chris and he has mines on order but everyone with 03,04 has this problem. I pointed it out to another forum member and he had never noticed it!

Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 AM
i haven't noticed it either, but i'm going to check during lunch... thanks!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Portland
Try out Lake Norman Infiniti. I bought my G there and went back (post sale) to have my Sirius, Front Lip installed ad oil change. Sales process was handled very well and the service was handled professionally. If it was not a 2.5 hour ride, I would go there everytime I needed something done to the G.

BTW, Amp, Do you know anything about Southern States Nissan? They have one on the Cary/Apex border and I was thinking about using them for future oil changes...
Southern States in Raleigh sux... Avoid them like the plague. The one in Apex is where I take our Pathfinder- their service is good. They do a walk around before taking the car in- The Service advisors are very frindly and they listen very well. If I didn't know better I would think that they were selling the premium vehicles.
I had a bad experience with RPM... There was a problem I was having with my Pathfinder that I kept having to take it back for... Southern States of Apex found and fixed the problem the first time.

I occassionally look for the "crack" in the light housing and I have yet to see it on mine.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 09-22-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
don't see a crack in my headlights... can anyone point out where this happens?

Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 PM
where is this apex dealership? and do they do infiniti warranty work?

Old 09-26-2005, 12:10 AM
The Apex dealership is at the 64/55 Intersection. I don;t think that they do Infiniti Warranty. I have checked with Infiniti corporate and they said that Warranty work can only be done at an Infiniti dealer

Old 09-26-2005, 09:16 AM
when i spoke to consumer affairs about a similar issue, they actually helped me find a closer nissan dealer that is willing to cover certain warranty issues. for example, i have a rattling door panel (don't we all), and they said they could do that, plus my rocking seat, etc... but they do have the option of not doing it. where as infiniti does not.

i've got a great nissan dealership here in fayetteville. they are phenominal. they even broke my underbody lighting, and messed up my front bumper, but covered everything. they were in a position to not do anything, i wouldn't have noticed until i drove off the lot, but they confronted me before my car was even finished getting an alignment. that says a lot. but... they don't do infiniti warranty work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti of Raleigh/key fob option issues