Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

G35 vs 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
G35 vs 350Z

whats up socal, there are Z guys saying they can beat a G all day.

Your thoughts???

thread if your care to read:
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191203

Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Stock for stock they can.
6MT 350z is faster on 4rth gear than stock G35 6MT.
Up to 80 its about even.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea just on the weight difference alone Z should win but i can see it close enough where a good driver in a G can beat a crappy one in a Z

Old 05-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I beat a brand new Z in a quick contest one time. The Z still had the window sticker on it. We were on a bend right as we were hitting 3rd gear and from my side view mirror I caught him slip a little (literally) his back end swung out a little and he slowed down from there. It was fun though.

Later,

Ray

Old 05-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerX35
Yeah, I beat a brand new Z in a quick contest one time. The Z still had the window sticker on it. We were on a bend right as we were hitting 3rd gear and from my side view mirror I caught him slip a little (literally) his back end swung out a little and he slowed down from there. It was fun though.

Later,

Ray

nice............... The cars are similar I think it could go either way.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pound for pound, the Z is gonna have a slight edge when it comes to pulling better times and acceleration.

well chit, the Z is about 300lbs lighter and has a carbon fiber driveshaft (known to shred under heavy duty tracking but that's another issue)

stock for stock, same driver skill, the Z will inch away from the G.

now, in my personal everyday driving experiences, aside from the Zs that were FI, no NA Z was able to keep up with my G.

Sorry but it's true.

Have fun guys.
POB

DRU

Old 05-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Z's are always trying to race me, never had that problem with any other car but the Z

Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I find threads like this hilarious, out of box, the Z has the edge..but let's just face it...they're the same car!!!! Same Engine, the intake thing can be fixed in a second, and the weight issue can easily be fixed. after that, they're the same car, and of course the same car with a lot of mods is gonna beat the average Z with only a few mods. I don't know why there's so much tension between both communities, it's like black on black crime...jeesh!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mar Oner
I find threads like this hilarious, out of box, the Z has the edge..but let's just face it...they're the same car!!!! Same Engine, the intake thing can be fixed in a second, and the weight issue can easily be fixed. after that, they're the same car, and of course the same car with a lot of mods is gonna beat the average Z with only a few mods. I don't know why there's so much tension between both communities, it's like black on black crime...jeesh!
+1 !

I'm switching from a 350Z to a G35 sedan, and I can tell you they have too much in common for anyone to get miffed about who can beat who in a drag race. There's plenty of good fellas and plenty of tools on the road that own both cars, you're just running into the tools that own Zs.

Besides... a 6MT 350Z (any model, any year) vs. a 6MT G35 (any model, any year) in a street drag (where >60 mph is simply never seen) it's a pure driver's race entirely dependent on launch success.

Last edited by 350Zed; 05-22-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mar Oner
Originally Posted by 350Zed
+1 !

I'm switching from a 350Z to a G35 sedan, and I can tell you they have too much in common for anyone to get miffed about who can beat who in a drag race. There's plenty of good fellas and plenty of tools on the road that own both cars, you're just running into the tools that own Zs.

Besides... a 6MT 350Z (any model, any year) vs. a 6MT G35 (any model, any year) in a street drag (where >60 mph is simply never seen) it's a pure driver's race entirely dependent on launch success.
+ 2

Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 PM
sorry to burst yall bubbles but a good g driver vs ok z driver, z would win. it will win stock stock or mod vs mod. its just lighter and i think its better.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Blk
sorry to burst yall bubbles but a good g driver vs ok z driver, z would win. it will win stock stock or mod vs mod. its just lighter and i think its better.
The Z is lighter, by only 100-200 lbs (depending on model and year). Using the old drag-racer's estimate of 1 bhp equivalent per 10 lbs difference, that's only 10-20 bhp difference or less than 5-10% advantage to the Z.

As for "better"... your purely subjective statement holds no merit. They both have the same engine and tranny, which in a drag-race means its down to weight and driver skill.

I've driven both. Have you?

Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by 05Blk

i don't know about the Z being 'better', but Z and G have very different personalities. One serving different crowd than other. So to me, G was 'better'.

straightline acceleration stock to stock, Z has an edge(duh). But G pulls higher skid pad numbers than Z. (.90g vs. .087g)

Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me add my .02 cents for what it's worth. I originally had a deposit on a Z and the Nissan dealership jerked me around back in 03 and continued to delay my delivery while gouging the MSRP. Apparently, I wasn't the only customer in this situation as there was another guy in the dealership questioning when his car was being delivered too. He told me to contact Infiniti and they would write me a contract for MSRP which was the only thing I was expecting from the Nissan dealership. The rest is history and I've had outstanding customer service at Infiniti since day one!

Old 05-23-2006, 03:33 AM
i wish i could get great customer service at an infiniti dealer... damn monrovia!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs 350Z