Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Body shop recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body shop recommendations?

Anyone recommend any good body shops that can match IP?

Prefferabley 626, but willing to travel to San Bernadino, Orange County for a good shop. Also affordable would be a plus

Old 06-27-2006, 10:59 PM
bump.. becanse i need to know too:

so far this is what I gathered:

1.m1 in el monte, heard both good and bad.. heard a lot of bad lately
2.marcosautobody - heard they're expensive... never heard any first hand experience from ppl tho.. its always only recommendations over recommendations.. never heard any *actual* stories
3. explosion something in gardena.. heard they're good (from speedraver) a few others mentioned them too.. but gardena is FAR from us. I would take it here tho.
4. theres this small body shop on del mar blvd, i think its called auto network or something.. a few other G's have been there.. i saw a couple of them in person and even tho they claim it is 100% paint match, i was honestly not impressed..
5. PJ bonifacio - this is like m1, both good and bad.. some ppl hated the place some people liekd the place. they charged me 150 to paint my gialla grill which i thought was very expensive.. but i dunno.. any experiences from this place guys?
6. f1 motorsports - i got my gialla grill painted there for very cheap.. needless to say, you get wut u pay for.. it took them 4 tries to paint match, kept my grill for over a month.. they said everything is "computerized".. well shiet.. the first time the grill came out it was so dark it looked like it belonged to the LS color..
7. mobworks at OC - heard they're good.. very expensive.. mostly good reviews.. but damn... OC is far from us MAN lol and considering how we'll also need a friend to tag along for a ride back.. that is a pain in the a$$
8.quigleys in lake forest- a white G was painted there. .. his car looks nice.. lakeforest is far as hell tho
9. 20/20 in city of industry - no idea about this just heard about them..

well thats what i got so far.. hopefully you did some research too to help out.. cuz i need a good body shop. my sideskirts are cracekd and i need to refiberglass and repaint.. so i dont want to go to a crap shop! Let me know when you plan on going.. maybe we can go together or something

Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jackautobody and paint...the place that did my ****

Old 06-28-2006, 01:49 AM
M1 Autobody - same story with me, heard good and bad stuff, but lots of bad lately.

Auto Explosion - this is a very good shop, and its also affordable. I had them paint my MR2 and I am very pleased with their work. They also fitted my bodykit very nicely, and it was a horrible ViS replica, but I'll save that for another thread.

Auto Network - SUCKS, I had them work on my Civic way back when. They also do mechanical work, my friend took his car there for brakes before, lets just say I had to redo his brake job for him, and it was a mess!

MOB Works - good work, SUPER pricey.

Quigleys - Also very good work, they did my sisters car after an accident before. They are a bit pricey also, but worth it IMO. Kinda far from where I live right now though. If I was in Irvine, I would go there.

20/20 - Good work here also, but since they've done so many show/magazine cars, they think they are the **** now and charge ridiculous prices, and are very slow and LAG a lot.

There is also a place called Marco's in San Gabriel. Their work is superb! However, I don't know if they do much aftermarket or fiberglass work, which is why I don't wanna take my car there. If it were stock in need or repair or something, they would be my first choice. They are pretty expensive also.

So all in all, I'm most likely gonna be taking my G to Auto Explosion. I'm happy with their work on my other car. It is a bit of a drive, but during the day theres no traffic, you can make it there in under half an hour from where we live.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by JdM_G35
jackautobody and paint...the place that did my ****
Share us with some info I need to get my kit painted.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Location: socal--not leavin this place, jus takin over it one venture at a time.
Did u guys get this done?

I dont wanna start a new thread but Im really worried about color-matching on my black G once the 2 dents I have on it are repaired.

I dont wanna lose that glossy-ness and reflection on the paint you know..

Its why ive been lagging, im worried..

Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Black will be easy to match. If the bodyshop can't match that, they don't belong in the business

Old 07-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got mine from the shop. PERFECT match on IP!!! They do PERFECT work and guarentee your happy with the work.
BLU AUTOMOTIVE
800-924-8082
its in harbor city on PCH. Let me know if you wanna go thety gave to coupons if i recommend anyone, they'll take 10% off YOUR first job there.
Here's a link tov pics... they did everything.
https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share/108035-pics-20-black-gt-c-ings-lips-installed.html

Old 07-16-2006, 08:11 PM
^ Sweet! The match does look perfect! How much do they charge to paint a kit?

Old 07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
^^^depends if it's a lip kit or whole kit, and the amount of work they need to do to make it fit, since sometimes the kits are horrible fitment.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
I guess I'll just give them a call. I only really need paint. The kits are full kits, and the fitments are perfect. Its already on the car, I installed it myself w/o any problems. Just the place that painted it didn't match it well. So I wanna get it done somewhere that will match it perfect.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:59 AM
cool. just let me know or PM me if you do get it painted there so you get your 10% off.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I just got some body kit stuff done at M1....

I'm pretty happy with the job they did...however I have a jet black E90. I dunno if that helps you guys with IP but I thought I'd chime in.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
marcos autobody..have my car there now to paint my rear bumper...

Old 07-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Location: socal--not leavin this place, jus takin over it one venture at a time.
Thanks for the input guys, im jus wonderin if these places also do dent repair or jus paint..?

Do you guys know of any in Ventura County perhaps?? I wanna get this done on thursday..! Thanks_

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Body shop recommendations?