Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

speeding ticket-laser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speeding ticket-laser

I guess my name got called in the speeding ticket draft that cops do. On my way to work cruising with windows down enjoying the nice 74 degree day at 11:00am. V1 watching oh so closely by my rear view.

I see a doughnut box on wheels on the right in the shade, VI is quiet as a sleeping lamb. He pulls out and then pull behind me while I was going 45, then Mr. V starts going crazy lights, buzzers, flashing, smacking me in the face.

After he has had enough time to run my plates, he lights me up. I thought about reaching for my gat, but didnt. I pull over, he steps out, the sun blinding me off his pale white face. He immediately asks me why I was speeding. Normally, I am cursed with telling the truth. I know my V1 works perfectly, and a direct hit of laser shows up like gangbusters. It was only after he pulled out and got behind me did he turn it on. I told him I didnt think I was speeding.

He asked for license and insurance (did not ask for registration). I fumbled with my license hoping he would see my friends LAPD card, but no luck. He tells me he got me on laser at 61 in a 45, and a second reading of 58.

He comes back and I sign the ticket. I ask him to show me the result on the laser/radar. He says that the output doesnt print out? like some CHP's do (didnt know that). I again calmly ask him about the result on the screen. He acts like he is going to go check it, then without leaving my side, he states that it is gone. I ponder for a moment while he is silent.

He starts talking about traffic school or something, I am hearing WAH-WAH, WAH-WAH, WA-WA-WAH just like they do in Peanuts. I ask him if he feels lucky today. Do ya!? Punk!?

He walks back to the sugar-laiden box, all the plants and flowers on the street are looking greener from all the extra sunlight. I do a couple dougnuts of my own and speed off.

Now here I am. Almost two full years since my last ticket. I have 1 point and I AM eligible for traffic school. I know Dru just fought his, but the point was made about the time and effort it took to fight it without any guarantee of success.

I hope you enjoyed my story.
What do you guys think?

*Although based in fact, parts of the above story have been fabricated for the enjoyment of the readers. Names were not included to protect the identity of the not inoccent/inoccent parties involved. Any unintentional, incorrectly assumed possible perception of derogitory comments may have been made in error/pun.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
V1 + laser = usless. The laser's beam is so narrow, the only time you will pick it up is if it was pointed at your car. And as you know now, that's too late. They only way you can not get tagged with laser is if you weren't speeding at that moment.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Team Transport Member
Did you tell him you're the polar bear?

Thats a piece of **** cop....

Old 11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad you didn't pull your gat on him. I would've hated to see your G on the news in a high speed chase.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well from his story the cop actually pulled behind him before turning the laser on. Of course at that point any radar detector is useless. V1 will alert you provided that you are not the first in line that's being tag by the beam.

Nice story Jeff damn po po did you mention to him that you are white he could have given you a break on that ticket.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
If I were you i would fight it, You might lucky and get it thrown out for bouncing a laser beam. Since he more than likely just pulled trigger and hit cars riding by vs. pointing at your car and getting you. Also even if you do not plan to fight it got to the court date you never know he might oversleep have a family emergency and can't make it to the court date which means ticket is thrown out. Good Luck.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reff...
first off, sorry to hear you got nailed.

i'll be honest bro. it doesn't sound good.

on the ticket, PLEASE tell me if there is a unit number marked down as to which piece of equipment he used.
radar #, unit#, should be towards the bottom right, but just above your signature.

if there isn't a number, you've got a very good case.
if there is, all hope isn't lost.

I'm gonna do some of my own research.
Since laser is relatively new, i need to do some research myself in regards to the maintenance of equipment.

Right now, i'd guess the same parameters would be in place for laser guns.
They're lightning quick, for sure.
But as with speedometers and radar guns, calibration is the question.

As for the long arduous battle with no guarantee of winning, it's true.
I've been there and done that.
But when it's all said and done, you lose half to one full day by going to court.

From here on out, if i ever get any tix, i will fight tooth and nail and to the very end to win.
I won't go out without a fight.

But that's me.
We'll talk more Jeff.
Hit me up later when you get a moment.

Latez...
-DRU

Old 11-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
What a d1ck.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:05 PM
i thought they can only use laser when there stopped.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
fight it a.................Jeff fight it you never know he could not show up or just let the court know you asked for the reading of the gun and no proof...................just go up there and get polar on them, they'll let you off.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by savefatkids
i thought they can only use laser when there stopped.
He was stopped. Otherwise its too hard to eat the doughnuts without getting the icing all over your uniform...

Old 11-22-2006, 02:07 AM
hey anyone know for sure if I lose my right to traffic school if I fight a ticket?

As for the laser, is it possible to aim it right at my car and have the detector not go off? I get laser hits at least once or twice a week from reflections? or something else...

Old 11-22-2006, 04:05 AM
i say go fight it... he can't be eating doughnuts and be able to shoot laser holding it steady, plus all that suger is not gonna help either~!! Laser is something that needs to be more precise than radar in order to get right info. which means calibration(daily maybe), distance between, where he aimed as a target (usually your front grill, license plate). anything else used to be your target is useless.. hope this helps.. i got away with 2 laser speeding ticket so far.. good luck~!

btw.. wanna play some golf this weekend if not busy? hehe

Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you should have reached for your gat.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes you should be eligible for traffic school. If not then ask the judge for Level 2 traffic school. Works for me all the time, and it's a great way to keep points off your record. The only downfall is that the class is two days 8 hrs/day, but the rules are much more relaxed than regular traffic school.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket-laser