Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Had to get a beater!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jclit
My G, is my beater. I never understood why people get beaters. Dont you buy the car to drive it? Why do you want it to look pretty in a garage?
Man, I tell you what, you have a great point there! But then again, I just really appreciate my car, and all that I've gone through to keep her pristine! So, when this deal presented itself to me, I couldn't pass it up. Saves mileage on my baby, and gas money!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you have a point about driving the car. but I have the luxury of driving 2 cars, one my beater because the freeway suck with rocks everywhere, gas is a lot cheaper (i fill up with 28 dollar on premium in the civic), I get around 300 miles on a 8 gal tank in the civic). and my baby G stays pretty and clean for weeks at a times but I still wash it once a week.

Last but not least. after driving during the week with the civic, it feels like the day when I first bought the g over and over again every time I get in a drive.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by jdmeg21
you have a point about driving the car. but I have the luxury of driving 2 cars, one my beater because the freeway suck with rocks everywhere, gas is a lot cheaper (i fill up with 28 dollar on premium in the civic), I get around 300 miles on a 8 gal tank in the civic). and my baby G stays pretty and clean for weeks at a times but I still wash it once a week.

Last but not least. after driving during the week with the civic, it feels like the day when I first bought the g over and over again every time I get in a drive.
Amen to that!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
nice, brutha!

bring it out to the next sd meet.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool' the original Scion xB

Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdmeg21

Hmm i could understand that, so you pretty much bought it to keep it in pristine shape. I guess i bought mine to drive it around, I dont really see a purpose on storing a car that is depreciating everyday.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
jclit,
You make a very good point on the value of our cars, yet, its mainly just what we "prefer" you know. I'm not loaded with money to go out and buy everything I can for my G, I've worked very hard to get what I have for her now. With that, I have chosen to buy this work car so I can keep the maintenance fees, gas, etc....low on my G. Thats my validation(validity) for buying the civic.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by jclit
Hmm i could understand that, so you pretty much bought it to keep it in pristine shape. I guess i bought mine to drive it around, I dont really see a purpose on storing a car that is depreciating everyday.
different strokes for different folks.

everyone has their own reason for why they bought the car.

some use it as a daily driver while others only sport it on the weekends.

there are a lot of people on here that have long commutes. seeing how gas prices are going up, a beater is a more economically "wise" choice for a daily driver for some people. besides, if i had long commute to work i would not want to rack up the miles on my g just to get to work.

like i said, we all have our own reasons for having our cars. to each their own.