Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Auto insurance premiums

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto insurance premiums

How much are you guys paying for insurance?
What are your coverages?
What are your deductibles?
Are you on your own or under someone else's policy?

I'm shopping for auto insurance now because my premium went up by $600/year just by moving here from NorCal.. so I want to gauge how much everyone else is paying.. the lowest quotes I've gotten is from AAA and Mercury

Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
A_J
insruance....

if you are still shopping... call brian abernathy at abernathy insurance and get a quote from him.... tell him anthony from the credit union told ya to call... they work pretty close with out credit union and our members...

Abernathy Insurance - 626-574-1000

lemme know how it goes....

AJ

Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
OR

You can give me a call at 323-878-2800. Ask for Hector. I am an insurance broker and represent several companies including Mercury, Progressive, Safeco, etc. I'll do my best to give you a great rate.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i pay 134 a month for state farm with a 250 deductible and i think my coverage is for 150,000 on both or 100k and 150k... oh the 134 includes my life insurance policy also... if you want you can call my pm me if you want the number

Old 05-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Premier Member

156 a month 2 cars
100/300/100
500 deduct
rental on the infiinti

Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 AM
oh yeah i get car rental with a $50 a day expense so you dont have to get a crappy car... just a semi crappy car like a convertible mustang! that car blows! had one when my car was in the shop! without my life insurance it was $113 a month

Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i pay $73.50 a month....
USAA
$500 deductible, 50k/100k
towing/gas
rental upgrades

G35 is cheaper than my 98 Integra GS-R... i thought that was funny...

Old 05-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Good lord, I can't believe people won't give straight answers.

Monthly payment tells you nothing. Only by comparing yearly cost will you get an accurate answer. It's the same lame thing as when dealers advertise cars by monthly payment price instead of telling you the actual cost of the car before tax and license.

Anyway try Wawanesa. They don't advertise, but if you go to their webpage, you can get a quote.

It is directly with the company....no brokers.

You should never need a broker except with Mercury because they won't deal with you directly I think.

Anyway, on my 2003 Coupe, it was ~$1400 the first year I had the car. My current rate is $1040 a year. I am 34 and age affects the cost. Also, you absolutely must have a good driving record, and they do drop people if they get a bad driving record. I've had 2 not at fault accidents with Wawanesa since I started with them in 2002. They have lowered my rate a little every year.

My coverage is 100/300/100 and my deductible is $500.

Everyone that I have recommended to Wawanesa, and has gotten accepted by them, is VERY pleased with the rates and service.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by sternroolz

Monthly payment tells you nothing. Only by comparing yearly cost will you get an accurate answer. It's the same lame thing as when dealers advertise cars by monthly payment price instead of telling you the actual cost of the car before tax and license.

Anyway try Wawanesa. They don't advertise, but if you go to their webpage, you can get a quote.

You should never need a broker except with Mercury because they won't deal with you directly I think.

Anyway, on my 2003 Coupe, it was ~$1400 the first year I had the car. My current rate is $1040 a year. I am 34 and age affects the cost. Also, you absolutely must have a good driving record, and they do drop people if they get a bad driving record. I've had 2 not at fault accidents with Wawanesa since I started with them in 2002. They have lowered my rate a little every year.

Everyone that I have recommended to Wawanesa, and has gotten accepted by them, is VERY pleased with the rates and service.
what are you talking about wont give you a straight answer? you dont know how to multiply? you take the monthly and multiply it by 12... how much straighter do you need it to be?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Premier Member

That is a straight answer...Do the math...Wait let me just do it for you...

156x6 (months)=936 for a 6 month term

6 mons. x 2 (twice a year = 12 month if you don't know what that is)

So, 936 x 2 = 1872 tada!!!

For 2 cars...You didn't have to be a dumbass. If you know anything about insurance they do it in 6 mon to 12 mon term. Even if anyone gives you a monthly payment anyone can figure how much it is a year...I don't really know why your comparing insurance to a car payment. Unless you are talking about the monthly service they charge if you decide to pay monthly instead of the amount paid in full. Most insurance company charges a 4-5 dollar service charge for a month to month payment. If you pay the amount in full then its the amount you agreed to in the policy. So, no insurance is NOT like a car payment. Car payment has interest and when you purchase a car you are subject to tax and license. There's no tax and license here. There's no other hidden charges they charge you. Just a initial deposit charge in the beginning so there's no lapse in coverage.

How's that for straight answer...

Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Autoclub, $178 monthly.
100/300/100, $750 deductible

Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Wawanesa
100/300/100/500ded (aka their full coverage)/Rental covered/ Towing covered by my AAA
$1400/year

Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
damn... you guys pay crap load for insurance....

Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, I don't know how you know that people are NOT giving straight answers. As far as I can see, everyone is giving pretty straight up answers. Like a few people have already pointed out monthly payment x 12 = annual premium.
Secondly, you are correct that Wawanesa is a very good company based out of San Diego. BUT your assessment that you should NEVER use a broker is bad advise. If you are someone that is familiar with insurance and know insurance well, going with a direct company (no broker) is fine. But not everyone knows the ins and outs of insurance and the different coverages available that they may or may not need and going with a broker is beneficial. We are required to be licensed by the state and know insurance very well. Plus we represent many companies and can shop you with many companies to get you the best rate. Going with a direct company, you only get their price which may not be the best rate. Some brokers charge broker fees and some don't. It's up to the broker. I don't charge a broker fee unless I am writing like a seadoo policy with such a small premium that I am not making any money. For something like that, I may charge like a $70 fee. But for policies through like Mercury, Safeco or Progressive, I don't charge a broker fee.
Thirdly, age does not affect the cost of insurance, years licensed affects your rate. If you are 34 years old and just got your license for the first time ever, guess what, you are in the same boat and will get the same rates as a 16 year old who just got their license. The magic age of 25 is a myth. Your rate will only go down when you turn 25 IF you have been licensed since you were 16. The real number is 9 years licensed. Once you reach that level (usually at age 25), you will normally see a nice drop in premium as long as you have a good record. If you record is messed up, it won't be much of a drop.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
First off, I don't know how you know that people are NOT giving straight answers. As far as I can see, everyone is giving pretty straight up answers. Like a few people have already pointed out monthly payment x 12 = annual premium.
Secondly, you are correct that Wawanesa is a very good company based out of San Diego. BUT your assessment that you should NEVER use a broker is bad advise. If you are someone that is familiar with insurance and know insurance well, going with a direct company (no broker) is fine. But not everyone knows the ins and outs of insurance and the different coverages available that they may or may not need and going with a broker is beneficial. We are required to be licensed by the state and know insurance very well. Plus we represent many companies and can shop you with many companies to get you the best rate. Going with a direct company, you only get their price which may not be the best rate. Some brokers charge broker fees and some don't. It's up to the broker. I don't charge a broker fee unless I am writing like a seadoo policy with such a small premium that I am not making any money. For something like that, I may charge like a $70 fee. But for policies through like Mercury, Safeco or Progressive, I don't charge a broker fee.
Thirdly, age does not affect the cost of insurance, years licensed affects your rate. If you are 34 years old and just got your license for the first time ever, guess what, you are in the same boat and will get the same rates as a 16 year old who just got their license. The magic age of 25 is a myth. Your rate will only go down when you turn 25 IF you have been licensed since you were 16. The real number is 9 years licensed. Once you reach that level (usually at age 25), you will normally see a nice drop in premium as long as you have a good record. If you record is messed up, it won't be much of a drop.
you tell em HEXX and its a pain calling around to insurance companies on your own... giving the same information over and over again gets tiring after the first 4 calls...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto insurance premiums