Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Fix it ticket help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Crucial dude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix it ticket help?

Here's a weird situation. I got a ticket recently for having my old registration sticker on my car (I lost the package when I moved to LA). I got pulled over, argued with the cop for a while about the fact that my vehicle IS registered, I just don't have the sticker on it, and I lost my card. Finally the cop actually looked it up and it was registered, so he said he wrote me a fix it ticket. Later on, I noticed he marked the violation as "not correctable" and 40001A unregistered vehicle. My ticket info came in the mail finally, and it made no mention of it being a fix it ticket.

So I'm guessing I'll have to show up to court with a receipt of my replacement sticker, and my receipt for my payment of my registration the first time correct? I'll assume if I wait in line at the DMV I can just get them to print me a receipt of my original payment right? Should I still get the back of the ticket signed off proving I have the correct sticker on my car when I show up to court?

I figure this is a shot in the dark, but maybe someone has some experience with this? Normally I've been able to just pay my fines online, but the friggin SWAT team practically pulled me over just for expired tags. I seriously had like four cars box me in while I was pulled over and they were messing with me. What a hassle......

Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sounds like you have a ticket for no registration?

if so then you need to bring proof that your vehicle is registered at the time of the ticket. You'll need to go to court and setup a "trial date" and bring everything there to present to the judge.. once there the judge will reduce the insane fine (your fine right now should be in the hundreds) by half or more

- Eric

Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^ Yup! It is your responsiblity to have all your vehicle's paperwork up to date therefore is not correctable til you go to court. Go to DMV and request another sticker and registration slip, go down to the court clerk and have him sign it off.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Crucial dude
Yeah I think my fine is like a couple hundred bucks right now. I have my replacement sticker and replacement card already, I figure I'll just have to go to the DMV to get a receipt or printout saying I actually paid the registration the first time and then setup a court date.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mswc
Yeah I think my fine is like a couple hundred bucks right now. I have my replacement sticker and replacement card already, I figure I'll just have to go to the DMV to get a receipt or printout saying I actually paid the registration the first time and then setup a court date.
yes sir that is correct your time will probably be 8:30am but you will go in there as a group, MAKE SURE YOU GO ONTIME and bring reading material as they go by last names so if your last name starts with a "W".. lol

- Eric

Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Crucial dude
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
yes sir that is correct your time will probably be 8:30am but you will go in there as a group, MAKE SURE YOU GO ONTIME and bring reading material as they go by last names so if your last name starts with a "W".. lol

- Eric
Haha yup, it starts with an "S" so I suspect I'll have quiiiite a lot of free time on my hands that day. Hopefully they'll let me bring my laptop (so I can work) or my PSP, but I'm guessing it will be ultra high security or something. I haven't been to traffic court for a while (knock on wood...)

Old 07-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
dam..sorry bro, I have been in a similar situation, sucks!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 AM
That's weird. I had a ticket for no registration because I didn't have the sticker and registration papers on me as well. I went to court and was fined for $10.00. I don't understand why you'd have to pay several hundred. Hopefully, the judge lowers your fine.

When you do go to DMV to request a sticker, have your insurance card in handy. I wasn't able to get a new sticker without my current insurance card.

Good luck.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
there's a high likelihood you won’t even need to see the judge... take proof of your registration to the traffic clerk - many times they will just sign it off at the window. Otherwise, get on the calendar to see the judge. If you have proof of registration (at the time of citation) you should be fine.