Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

G sightings!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ pics or no justice!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
11/21/09 - Seen an IP Coupe, KS Rear, on some MEISTERS!! at some lame party in around Phillips Ranch... hahha =) SUP T-DAWG..

Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
+1. Its dangerous to both you and anyone on the road with you to run that much camber, particularly with a highly stretched tire. that tire coming off the rim was a warning that you should heed.
One thing I've learned about the people who like to run the stretched tires, They don't care one bit about safety, its all about the look and what anyone else says doesnt matter because they think they look cool, when in reality most people that see the car are all asking the same question....WHY? or WTF are they thinking

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by importroller
One thing I've learned about the people who like to run the stretched tires, They don't care one bit about safety, its all about the look and what anyone else says doesnt matter because they think they look cool, when in reality most people that see the car are all asking the same question....WHY? or WTF are they thinking
Ignorance is bliss. Have you run a stretched tire personally? If not, how can you speak about it. You DO know that there is another purpose to a stretched tire right, such as the performance aspect of it? Do you even know why people stretch the tire besides performance and for the look? It's interesting how people are quick to comment when they don't have experience with things and when they don't know the background behind it. It's ok though, I'll let you do the research yourself as the topic has been discussed numerous times in other threads.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by importroller
the post above this illustrates your point exactly.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by bigc
the post above this illustrates your point exactly.
It's one thing to not like it, completely understandable, but it's another to not understand the concepts behind it and flame it.

Again, if you or anyone has an FACTUAL evidence how it is dangerous and can ALSO provide evidence or material that shows how a stretched tire has caused injury or accidents to others I'd like to see it. At that point, I'll shut my mouth. Till then, you have no valid argument...all you have is an opinion. Facts are based on truths, not thoughts

Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
You run stretch tires and camber because the wheel dont fit, donpisto's wheel is rubbing, if he cambers more it'll look dumb, if he cambers less he'll rub, he could run smaller tires so it wont rub like he use to own (225s), but it will be too dangerous and look too stretch. But now with 235s it look less stretch but its rubbing against the fender and peeling out and getting stuck at drive ways. Yup, str8 up that wheel dont fit, more camber and thinner tires are just to make it fit, he cant fix the camber, it will rub, he cant upgrade tire size, it will rub, he cant fix nothing, either camber/thinner tires, or buy new wheels str8 up.With his current set up he cant escape rubbing. And why all this? He got a offset for his wheels that is literally IMPOSSIBLE to pull off for the Sedan, and hes doing it so to prove thats its possible and to set a record for the sedans who are into the "aggressive offset" scene.

I guess in the end it varies on the hobby or a interest a person is into, for example we could use a gang member, he only wants fame upon his peers for his stupid actions, where normal people look and go why? wtf? he don't care, as long as the "homeboys" around him think its cool then he can bang for life. I grew up with people wondering and people criticizing me for doing stupid shiet, although it wasn't about a car, Linking that example to this situation it's almost the same with a different case, that fool is into broken axle looking wheels, and he only cares about people who are into the vip stance and into wrong offsets to care about and appreciate, trust he gets more criticism than compliments, and thats normal. Every offset guru on vipstyledcars went through it and they admire his car, I guess the people whom he cares about and wants to get props from is giving it to him, and at the shows people admire his stupid set up and it motivates him, so although many people don't see interest there is some interest out there because the pokey pokey scene is a whole nother world. I mean I personally don't like too camber or too crazy myself, I like it clean, but then again I'm not into that scene like he is.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Just to add...some info...i'll quote as it is not directly from me.

the Function:
has a few, within drift, stretching tires provides stiffer sidewalls as they become over extended.....stiffer in drift provides quicker and smoother weight transfer

In Europe it was done to keep tire patch under the body

It was also used in autox, where there are regulations about tread width.

ther is plenty of functionality, and it was useful, but these days stretch is no longer a functional reason, it is solely for looks

Only functional thing that you see now, is that it allows a lowered stance with wheels that don't fit under the body
Again, so what if it is for looks? You don't have to like it, no one is forcing you, but to say it is unsafe when there have been no incidents related to stretched tires causing accidents, damage, etc is a pure fallacy. Don't try to bring up that one tire that is ripped with the gold wheel. It's just a picture, but what's the story behind it? Just like there was a story behind my tire deflating, too low of air pressure...that's what would happen to ANY tire correct?

Last edited by The Stimulation; 11-24-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
With all that saying, Levon I think the best route for you IMO is to go with custom fenders, that way you can camber less and your poke wont look insanely stupid and out of the world, it'll look even better IMO with fenders. I'm sure your saving up for that already. I'd do that asap.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
As 2C mentioned I did it to set a point. Just wait for my next wheels to be put on. It will be MORE aggressive and have crazier offsets WITH less camber. I wish I didn't have as much camber as I do now, but it needed to be done, I don't mind it, then again I'm more for some less camber, but nothin close to OEM spec. Who knows, maybe after some fender work in a couple weeks I'll have less camber, I'll see, but until I actually cut my fenders and add sheet metal there is not much I can do.

I do get quite a bit of criticism, but at the same time, I also get PLENTY of props. That goes to show people have different tastes.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
With all that saying, Levon I think the best route for you IMO is to go with custom fenders, that way you can camber less and your poke wont look insanely stupid and out of the world, it'll look even better IMO with fenders. I'm sure your saving up for that already. I'd do that asap.
Yep, as stated above I will be doing that. I've already talked to a few people and some already know...whether I go for 11's or 12's up front and 12's or 13's in the rear, or with a 7-8" lip in the rear, I WILL do it, mark my words. I'll be running -6 degrees of camber or less, probably closer to -5 and if you think that's still crazy, look at my fronts because they're at -4.7 and they don't look crazy, they look aggressive...it's the rears ppl comment on being ridiculous, whether they mean it positively or negatively.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
you my friend, are coo coo. lol

Old 11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny35
11/21/09 - Seen an IP Coupe, KS Rear, on some MEISTERS!! at some lame party in around Phillips Ranch... hahha =) SUP T-DAWG..
hahaha!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
saw a OB coupe this morning dropped, rims, aftermarket hood with some decal on the rear window, on washington and garfield in city of commerce around 9:15ish i was too far away but car looks nice!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
...Again, if you or anyone has an FACTUAL evidence how it is dangerous...
hmm, evidence. well your tire came off!
Originally Posted by donpisto
My wheels almost fell off...well not really.. Tire came off, but I'm still rollin, hahaha...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G sightings!