Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got pulled over tonight.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Exhausts aren't illegal unless their loudness passes the 95 decibel limit. BUT a cop can use his own judgement in whether he believes the exhaust is too loud or not
but lets say the cop decides to b a douche and gives me a ticket even though the exhaust is under 95db, can i just bring it to the correction station and just let them actually test it?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that sucks man.. i live right there on rinaldi and mason.. i always see cops there. i got a ticket a while back on my G for having no rear plates right there on porter ranch drive and rinaldi. they were bored one morning.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Thumbs up

Just a little note, Tent in california is not illegal,

"Division 12, Chapter 4, Section 26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows. [...]

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced."

Good Luck!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
so you can get 88% tint... pointless IMO

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Anything over 30% FTL!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Just giving the information! Don't kill the messenger!

Also, I believe you can go darker if you buy tinted window directly from the manufaturer. This means their is nothing "added" to the window, the window is just naturally tinted, little more expensive though.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
was this cop on a bike? sitting on rinaldi and wilbur waiting? i always see this guy. i always go devonshire now and right on tampa to go to the porter ranch area. rinaldi, a lot of cops chill there now.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by KurtsG
was this cop on a bike? sitting on rinaldi and wilbur waiting? i always see this guy. i always go devonshire now and right on tampa to go to the porter ranch area. rinaldi, a lot of cops chill there now.
No, they weren't on a bike. This was at 12:30am. I know that cop that you're talking about though. He sits and waits around in Rinaldi. The last time I saw him, he was on Rinaldi and Zelzah.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:52 AM
The COP was probably behind on his QUOTA, thats why you got pulled over for such minor offense. OH WAIT, according to their training manual, its called "meeting the Performance Standards."

I asked a cop once if he had to meet a quota each month, and he said there is no such thing as quotas. But he failed to tell me they were called performance standards after I looked it up. So anything that looks like a quota, acts like a quota, is a quota. So you guys be aware out there.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Regarding the exhaust:

I was actually pulled over on the 91 express lanes for: 1. no transponder, 2. no front plate, and 3. aftermarket exhaust, in that order.

1. I did have a transponder that didn't read, and a valid account. (judge let me off; I brought 4 years of billing statements, including the charge for that day because the transponder DID read)

2. Quick fix... put on plate, went to sheriff station, paid 15 bucks to get it signed off. 10 dollar fee at count for processing (25 total... processing is paid ONCE for all tickets)

3. I took a picture of the CHP officer standing next to my car, with the exhaust in view. When I went to the sheriff station, the officer there said that my exhaust was obviously stock, because he also drives a G35 coupe . He signed off on my ticket after seeing the picture, and the above fee covered this as well.

CHP officer said my exhaust was too loud... made me turn the car off and on a few times to listen to it... He also blocked me in the parking spot I pulled into with his car for about 10 minutes....

Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Regarding the exhaust:

I was actually pulled over on the 91 express lanes for: 1. no transponder, 2. no front plate, and 3. aftermarket exhaust, in that order.

1. I did have a transponder that didn't read, and a valid account. (judge let me off; I brought 4 years of billing statements, including the charge for that day because the transponder DID read)

2. Quick fix... put on plate, went to sheriff station, paid 15 bucks to get it signed off. 10 dollar fee at count for processing (25 total... processing is paid ONCE for all tickets)

3. I took a picture of the CHP officer standing next to my car, with the exhaust in view. When I went to the sheriff station, the officer there said that my exhaust was obviously stock, because he also drives a G35 coupe . He signed off on my ticket after seeing the picture, and the above fee covered this as well.

CHP officer said my exhaust was too loud... made me turn the car off and on a few times to listen to it... He also blocked me in the parking spot I pulled into with his car for about 10 minutes....
I have a Nismo front bumper so putting the plate it won't be so easy since people said zip tie'ing doesn't work anymore? Maybe I'll double-side tape it onto the bumper. Maybe that works?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
LoL I got a ticket for no front license plate few days ago... on Topanga off the 118W... I just put my license plate back...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by sternroolz
Anyway Sun Shield tint in Sherman Oaks is pretty good. It's off the 101 and Van Nuys Bl.

Call them, make an appointment to have your tint removed. It is like $60 for them to remove the tint and they will give you a coupon to have the tint put on again later. Take your car to the side of the Van Nuys court house and wait for the sheriff to come out. He will sign off that the tint is removed. You will need to park and go inside and pay a $20 or so fee. Then take your car back to Sun Tint and they will put the tint back on. Then you have to have the ticket paid at whatever court house it says. It's like $90 total for the tint fee, the sheriffs fee, and the fine on the ticket. I've done this three times and am kind of an expert on it by now.

SUNSHIELD GLASS TINTING
4704 Van Nuys Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
818/906-TINT(8468)
I'm a little confused. Correct me if I'm wrong:
- I have to pay the sheriff/courthouse for signing off that the tint has been removed, AND I have to pay at whatever courthouse it says on the ticket to pay for the actual ticket?
- ..but if I take it to a CHP station, they sign it off for free? (Then I just have to go to whatever court house it says on the ticket to pay for the ticket?)

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by zenecis
LoL I got a ticket for no front license plate few days ago... on Topanga off the 118W... I just put my license plate back...
Did you just go to the courthouse it stated on the ticket.. and the sheriff just went outside to sign off the tint then you went inside and paid? Btw, which courthouse did you go to?

Last edited by vstypicals; 02-28-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
If you have a friendly doctor or optomitrist, you can always get a medical excuse for having tints in the front window...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over tonight.