Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got pulled over tonight.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SAKEN3.5
If you have a friendly doctor or optomitrist, you can always get a medical excuse for having tints in the front window...
Sounds like you have one.. Hoook it up!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
PS. You mentioned exhaust. Did a cop check under your car for no-cats? Just curious
just curious, or just paranoid?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vstypicals
I'm a little confused. Correct me if I'm wrong:
- I have to pay the sheriff/courthouse for signing off that the tint has been removed, AND I have to pay at whatever courthouse it says on the ticket to pay for the actual ticket?
Yes. I guess you can mail it. But I am assuming you live in the Valley and the ticket is out of either the Chatsworth courthouse, the SF courthouse, or VN courthouse. In any of those situations, they are close enough that I would rather pay in person than risk anything in the mail. One piece of advice on paying the citation....I'd go in mid afternoon. I've found that lines are much shorter around 2:30pm and later than in the morning. The lines for traffic citations at SF Courthouse suck fat ones in the morning.

Originally Posted by vstypicals
- ..but if I take it to a CHP station, they sign it off for free? (Then I just have to go to whatever court house it says on the ticket to pay for the ticket?)
This is fine if you have NO OTHER MODS on your car. CHP is notorious for citing for other thing when you bring in your car to get signed off on a correctable citation. In my case, I have very visible tints on my headlights, sidemarkers, and tail lights. The tint was expensive and so was the install. I don't want to have to deal with that whole mess. Most patrol cops and chippies don't know about this and aren't paying atttention enough to cite me for this. But I'm dead at a CHP inspection station. OTOH, the Sheriff's deputies at the courthouses don't want nothing to do with nothing. You can have a dead body in the back seat of your car and they will look the other way. So I pay the $20 for them to sign it off. It doesn't hurt that they are just down Van Nuys Bl...about 5 minutes from Sunshield. And that all of this is less than 10 minute from my house.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by sternroolz
Yes. I guess you can mail it. But I am assuming you live in the Valley and the ticket is out of either the Chatsworth courthouse, the SF courthouse, or VN courthouse. In any of those situations, they are close enough that I would rather pay in person than risk anything in the mail. One piece of advice on paying the citation....I'd go in mid afternoon. I've found that lines are much shorter around 2:30pm and later than in the morning. The lines for traffic citations at SF Courthouse suck fat ones in the morning.

This is fine if you have NO OTHER MODS on your car. CHP is notorious for citing for other thing when you bring in your car to get signed off on a correctable citation. In my case, I have very visible tints on my headlights, sidemarkers, and tail lights. The tint was expensive and so was the install. I don't want to have to deal with that whole mess. Most patrol cops and chippies don't know about this and aren't paying atttention enough to cite me for this. But I'm dead at a CHP inspection station. OTOH, the Sheriff's deputies at the courthouses don't want nothing to do with nothing. You can have a dead body in the back seat of your car and they will look the other way. So I pay the $20 for them to sign it off. It doesn't hurt that they are just down Van Nuys Bl...about 5 minutes from Sunshield. And that all of this is less than 10 minute from my house.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Btw, I have to go to the SF Courthouse.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew a guy who worked with plastics. He fabricated fake windows.
Basically, he rolled down his existing tinted windows, placed the new ones he fab'd above in the window slot and got signed off with that. He got LUCKY!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by g_love35
I knew a guy who worked with plastics. He fabricated fake windows.
Basically, he rolled down his existing tinted windows, placed the new ones he fab'd above in the window slot and got signed off with that. He got LUCKY!
Lol. It might be easier to just borrow someone's car with the same color.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM
edit ..LOL nm , was posted right above me lolz

What if you find a similar g35, black with no tint, and swap license plates and get it signed off..

Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
JZ
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe KY0
I think cops are smarter than that... They might just look at your vin # which is quite visible on the dash and written on most tickets....

Old 05-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
idk whats up with asian cops? i got pulled over for having curtains. and he accused me of putting my seatbelts on behind the curtains when he pulled up next to me. which was fvcking ridiculous.