Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

RANT: Hermosa Beach Rental Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
RANT: Hermosa Beach Rental Experience

NOTE: Long azz story. haha

so, this past weekend my friends and i rented a beach front home in Hermosa from sat to sunday morning. it was for 3 birthdays, (my ex g/f, and two other friends) and we had about 35 people role by. we rented the house through a company called Jetliving for $1500 + $350 cleaning fee and a $2500 deposit.

http://www.jetliving.com/JetLiving/s...?idProduct=174

the house was called "Hermosa the Strand" at 30 the strand blvd. let me tell you, DO NOT rent this house. the owner was a total B*TCH and gave me shiet from day one. first of all, she asked how old i was, my occupation and the age group of my guests. ok, that's fine. i said i was turning 34 next month, i am an attorney, and that most of my friends were professionals; doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. i assured her that this was a birthday dinner party and told her the exact amount of guests that were arriving and that some were not even staying the whole time from 3pm to 11am the next day, so the number would fluctuate. also, we said we would keep the noise to a mininum, not play the music too loud after 11pm (city ordinance).

there is a guest house right behind the main house. this guest house is literally 5 feet from the main house. she told me that the back house was "not for rent", even though jetliving said i could if i wanted to. the lady, YVONNE, told me the guest house was used for "storage" and could not be rented.

then over the next few phone calls and conversations, she began dropping hints that it was very easy for her to "drop by the area" to check things out if need be. then she snuck in the convo that she and her b/f "might be staying at the guest house that night." WTF?? had the birthday not been a couple days away, i would have cancelled the rental and found another spot. i did not pay almost 2k to have this owner babysit a group of adults trying to have a dinner party!!

come sat, my ex g/f and a few of us arrived and low and behold, the guest house is occupied. i see the windows open, the door open, her dog chillin on the porch. the main house still has trash from the previous guest and i find all this dog hair throughout the house even though it says "NO PETS ALLOWED."

so, i call her to ask "where should we put our trash?" and by the way, "who is in the guest house?" at this point she goes off on me, asking me why i'm so concerned as to whether anyone is staying at the guest house. that if i was going to do exactly as i said i would, (have a small dinner party), that there should be nothing i should be hiding, etc. etc. i told her i didn't pay to rent a home so i could be babysat. then she told me "that's not my problem. you shouldn't have rented the house then. i don't have time for this." and hung up on me!! i was about to lose it but bit my tongue for the sake of saving the party. oh, and then she also said to me several times, "i don't need to rent this house for the money," as if she was doing ME a favor?! give me a break.

THE GOOD:

the house was gorgeous, albiet crappy decor. the view was nice, over 3000 sq. feet, roof top patio w/ bar, etc. i got to check out a lot of my friends modded cars, (540 Dinan wagon w/ a blower to come, modded rx-7, m5, etc.). people the public might know in attendance (my friend Toni Leigh and Sasha Singleton, go-go, import tuner models, etc.)

sorry this was so long. after we get our deposit back, i will be sending a scathing message to jetliving and the owner.

and thoughts and comments? yes, i'm sure she's had some sh*tty guest who may have trashed the house or been the cause of complaints from cops, but that gives her no excuse to treat me the way she did. btw, jetliving is a great company and they were extremely helpful and sincere during the whole process. my only gripe is w/ the high and mighty owner.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like fun, but...

Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
perhaps i'll post some pics later.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I would've taken Toni and Sasha to the master bedroom and made some love stains all over the wall. But that's just me

Old 02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn im right down the street...that's messed up...no invite

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
I would've taken Toni and Sasha to the master bedroom and made some love stains all over the wall. But that's just me

haha Toni is an old friend and i'm not attracted to her. Sasha was there w/ her man, a friend of mine, so i wouldn't cross that line.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
damn im right down the street...that's messed up...no invite
if we have any mutual friends, maybe next time, man

Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the owner sounds like a really snobby bitch... hopefully you were able to enjoy the rest of the night :P

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fiveseven
the owner sounds like a really snobby bitch... hopefully you were able to enjoy the rest of the night :P
+1 That beeeach shouldn't be renting out the place in the first place.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Soju
+1 That beeeach shouldn't be renting out the place in the first place.
she probably lives there and needs a way to pay the mortgage... maybe that's why she was so possessive of the place - f-ing b!tch!