Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Ladder on the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladder on the road

Hit by the full size aluminum ladder on the road(I-5 south bound - Tustin to Irvine) this morning. LOL

Less than 3months old GTR bumper fvcked up(around clear corner chipped out and cracked by the impact when I was running over that stupid ladder )and CF lip scraped like crazy.

Also the rubbery engine bay guard thingy under the front bumper almost cut in half.

Since the folded ladder was friggin thick enough to scrape the whole under body while I was passing over it(It came in from front and out just right under my new greddy sides. YAY!!!) I think I have to check if there's any more damages around.

Thanks to Toyota Minivan just right in front of me, since it has enough clearance for passing over it without any problem, the ladder directly delivered to me so I couldn't do anything but just driving over it.
I was not doing tailgating tho.

Hope it's fixable damage. Have an appointment with body shop tomorrow anyway for installing Kenstyle rear.

Special thanks to CHP officers. The ladder seemed like it was sitting there for a long time.

- JK -

Last edited by tuffenuff; 06-06-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
That sux man! I'm from Tustin too but didn't see it this morning.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks man.... i almost hit a ladder too one day

Old 06-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by ABATUBA8
That sux man! I'm from Tustin too but didn't see it this morning.
yes... it really sux. I normaly go to work around 10ish so probably you have passed by the same area before the stupid truck driver ******* dropped that ****.

I'm kinda shocked cause I've heard a lot of same / similar story from my co-workers. The most scary one I heard was, a rusty thin construction rod flew off from the truck and it pinned the driver onto the seat. Believe or not.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by tuffenuff
yes... it really sux. I normaly go to work around 10ish so probably you have passed by the same area before the stupid truck driver ******* dropped that ****.

I'm kinda shocked cause I've heard a lot of same / similar story from my co-workers. The most scary one I heard was, a rusty thin construction rod flew off from the truck and it pinned the driver onto the seat. Believe or not.
Ya I go to work around 8ish but after reading your post again, I actually go the other way on the 5.

WOW! Now that really sux.. I had a scary moment on the free way myself once apon a time with a 2 x 4 tumbling end over end and striking my Honda Accord right on the hood...

Old 06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
That sucks. When you do your insurance claim, tell them it fell off a construction truck that was right in front of you. If you tell them it was just sitting on the ground, they will say it is your fault. At least that is what I've heard with big rig tires.

In my last month that my car was in the US, right after getting my bumper re-painted I hit a steel coffee looking can (fully flattened and flying) and an empty cardboard box in the carpool lane (truck in front of me was nice enough to launch it at me). Luckily the only damage was buffable scratches and a scratch on my under tray.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, this is the reason why any open-bed trucks without net or something have to be banned.

ABATUBA8 : Yes, you might be heading North on I-5. But I-5 sux in both direction. It's just the kingdom of heavy trucks and especially the NEVER ENDING construction zone around Artesia Ave. is killing me all the time.
Some of you guys already get used to the crazy traffic jam around that area from 12am to 4am EVERYDAY!! LOL

psedog : Sorry to hear dat bro. As for the insurance claim, I don't think I can claim it cause I have insanely high deductable for collision damage. I have an appointment with body shop tomorrow for installing kenstyle rear(What a perfect timing!!!! LOL)and my friend runs that body shop so I'm hoping I can get some price cut on labor and stuff.