Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

F#@$ Melrose Meter Maids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
F#@$ Melrose Meter Maids

I have heard that meter maids can give u a ticket for tints and plates when u aren't in the car,BUT i didn't expect to become the victim!

Watch out melrose shoppers, I just got a no front plate ticket, the meter was full, my diagnosis, the maid's wife was cheating on him and the guy happened to drive a red car so the next day he used what little authority he had to get me.....

$25 and i just got a no plate/tints/exhaust/tail light tints ticket like a week ago

since when is it illegal to have a passion for the automobile, hector, now i feel ya for havin that plate hahahahaha

so cal authority ftl

Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
LA needs revenue now and is doing everything they can - tint tickets, tix for jaywalking, tix for being cool, etc.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 PM
5th ticket this summer bro, im buying doughnuts for the whole crew

Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That happened to me once with meter in Santa Monica, they wrote me up for no front plate. I bet they do it because they are hatin'.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
WHAT?! are we talking about the Parking meter people? do they even have authority to do that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by alphamatt
I have heard that meter maids can give u a ticket for tints and plates when u aren't in the car,BUT i didn't expect to become the victim!

Watch out melrose shoppers, I just got a no front plate ticket, the meter was full, my diagnosis, the maid's wife was cheating on him and the guy happened to drive a red car so the next day he used what little authority he had to get me.....

$25 and i just got a no plate/tints/exhaust/tail light tints ticket like a week ago

since when is it illegal to have a passion for the automobile, hector, now i feel ya for havin that plate hahahahaha

so cal authority ftl
Seriously bro. I hate running a front plate but now-a-days, it's better to not take a chance anymore. Stoopid meter maids.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, melrose is know for that. I got one while waiting for some shoes and I told the meter maid that I already got the ticket a few days before, but the A$$hole still gave it to me. I never go to melrose anymore. Only to get my carwash there.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
WHAT?! are we talking about the Parking meter people? do they even have authority to do that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes..... the meter people

Old 07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by jmendoza7
Yes, melrose is know for that. I got one while waiting for some shoes and I told the meter maid that I already got the ticket a few days before, but the A$$hole still gave it to me. I never go to melrose anymore. Only to get my carwash there.

HAHAHA you talkin bout 10dolla tuesday and thursdays?

that carwarsh is the BEST

Old 07-19-2008, 11:38 PM
haha, saw the two clowns on melrose writing up a benz for everything, even writing down the store where they parked next to for evidence.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Banned
Meter maids have the authority to give tickets for simple violations. Why are you bitahing when you already knew the possible consequences??? What you expect them to do? Put a little note on your windshield that reads... "oh noes, you have no front plate. Well... please put a front plate next time because you can get written up for it. Sorry for the nagging and you have a pleasant day now."
I seriously dont get it. Does the car really look that much better w/o the front plate? Or you just trying to shave some weight?
Anyways... this is my rant on your rant. And no I dont like meter maids and yes I got a ticket for no front plate before too because my frame broke though.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Wings Nation

we're bi!ching because police have far bigger things to worry about in this city than writing people up for minor infractions such as no front plate. yes its illegal, but we're not talking about someone speeding (which everyone does at some point), running a red light/stop light (which happens a lot in that area), or street racing - its a friggin' license plate which 1) most states don't require and 2) most jurisidictions in socal could care less about. i'm all for enforcing the law, but they should focus on stuff that actually protects people before going into revenue collection mode. /rant

and yes, it makes the car look better

Old 07-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah cops do have more to worry about than writting tickets for minor infractions but hey those small tickets they write also helps pay their salary and what not. soo egh what can you do? live and learn and just continue living your life. We all know that for every ticket we have gotten we have probably done 100X worse and not gotten caught for it. So i try not to complain when i get nailed cuz i rather get nailed for a small infraction rather than for something more serious ive done in the past.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bigc
we're bi!ching because police have far bigger things to worry about in this city than writing people up for minor infractions such as no front plate. yes its illegal, but we're not talking about someone speeding (which everyone does at some point), running a red light/stop light (which happens a lot in that area), or street racing
*cough* i donno if you read the title... doubt it has to do with local police.

Originally Posted by bigc
its a friggin' license plate which 1) most states don't require and 2) most jurisidictions in socal could care less about. i'm all for enforcing the law, but they should focus on stuff that actually protects people before going into revenue collection mode. /rant
What does MOST states have to do with THIS state?

You guys are looking at this at a too broad of a level and generalizing everything.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Wings Nation

*cough* its called making a point. we have LA police bustin' our ***** over stuff that other states and municipalities find trivial.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F#@$ Melrose Meter Maids