Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Osiris Tuning in O.C.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It isn't about he said she said Jon - you can't throw a competitive claim out there and then say "let's not talk about it." You brought up the power gains and you didn't think I'd say "hey, wait a minute"? If you're gonna bring it up again, you better mention that he fixed the cooling system at a minimum before you got to it.

SC

Old 10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Churchautotest
It isn't about he said she said Jon - you can't throw a competitive claim out there and then say "let's not talk about it." You brought up the power gains and you didn't think I'd say "hey, wait a minute"? If you're gonna bring it up again, you better mention that he fixed the cooling system at a minimum before you got to it.

SC
i know nothing about any cooling system. I tuned it as i recieved it. His car didn't knock or make any noise till High RPM or when it started to creep that still doesn't explain the 30+ ft lbs i made from 3000-7000.
I logged your map as well and it had exactly the same Knock sensor activity as mine.

This is just one example of one car. He used to get 11 mpg
now he gets 18-20.

Blah blah blah. I really dont care about it. Its not even about a G35 or 350Z

I respect you Shawn, please don't let this stupid thread change that.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Exactly Jon, you didn't get the whole story on the car. Not really a big deal - unless people go around claiming huge improvements from the tune alone and taking shots at my work on several forums (and I acknowledge there are other people at work here). If you can acknowledge that, you and I have no issues - and I really hope that can be the end of it, because I respect you and like working with you as well, and I'd hate for that to change.

SC

Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 AM
This is exactly why I can't wait to have the Pro Tuner forums on Uprev.com. Better communications between Pro Tuners keeps them educated about what the customers do/don't do and hopefully keeps the discussions open and honest. I'm glad both of you have acknowledge the car changed between tunes, and there is a variance in the way people approach tuning the S2K. Thankfully there is no permanent damage to the car and everyone learns a little bit, hopefully the customer can pick one shop and stick with it though so there is less confusion in the future.

If theres one thing both Jon and Shawn can agree on it is the customer is who matters. Both of them want the best for the customer, and both of them take business very personally. Unfortunately Pro Tuners don't always get the same information from the customer, or the customer forgets to mention something that is potentially very important.

Why a customer would take their car to two different shops is beyond me, but thats somewhat typical. Both Pro Tuners have different experience and different techniques (kind of like Kung-Fu) there isn't a best way to tune a car, there are just insightful ways or uneducated ways. Both Pro Tuners take different routes to the same goal, reliable power and a happy customer. The problem is that the car bounces between people and if someone checks over your work they will always find a fault even if it's not major.

The fact that both Pro Tuners care about their reputation isn't unique, and if anything it shows that they work hard to be the best they can be and that they want you (the customer) to know they work hard. That means better quality and more value for the customers. Where as most shops just want to base things on price price price rather than the quality of their work.

Shawn has been a big supporter of Uprev since day one. He really does have the best reputation in the business, he supports a huge base of customers including some pretty crazy Honda Challenge cars, and there isn't a person in the business that doesn't know him. He's been doing it for a long damn time, and he's earned every bit of his reputation. You absolutely will not be let down if you use him for your tuning needs.

Jon is new to Uprev and is working to build his customer base. He's recently opened his shop, he's been tuning for a while now, he's eager to build a reputation like Shawns, and he's going to have to work for that. I personally think he's up to the challenge otherwise I wouldn't have signed him up.

I don't have any fear sending our customers to either Pro Tuner (or even GTMotorsport), and I want our customers to know that we expect only quality work from our Pro Tuners which is why our Pro Tuner list is so small. If you have a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle, these guys can take care of you and they have 100% support from us to help make you happy. If anyone has a question they can contact me rich@uprev.com and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Last edited by UpRev; 10-02-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Churchautotest
Exactly Jon, you didn't get the whole story on the car. Not really a big deal - unless people go around claiming huge improvements from the tune alone and taking shots at my work on several forums (and I acknowledge there are other people at work here). If you can acknowledge that, you and I have no issues - and I really hope that can be the end of it, because I respect you and like working with you as well, and I'd hate for that to change.

SC

This is what I mean about Shawn guys. He cares about customers having the best information so that they can make educated decisions.

I fight the good fight damn near every day on this board and others to educate customers. I have been called every name in the book and I'm sure I have offended plenty of people that don't like getting the straight dope. Some people don't want to know the truth I guess. What matters though is that as a consumer you know what is going on before you make a purchase, cause it really sucks to learn the hard way.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by HB Speed
YIkES!

114 degrees in the shop that day LOL
ill correct it down a bit, now i know why i dont use SAE anymore

Same thing here guys. Everyone makes mistakes, but it takes a lot to just be flat out honest. If someones calls you on something, double check and if you make a mistake own up to it.

Tuning isn't a mystery. It's about experience and Jon is good at what he does. Plus he's always learning so he can make sure his customers are happy. I can't ask for anything more from a Pro Tuner than honesty and the desire to be the best they can be.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Damnit it's late, I'm going to bed. Third coast represent

*yawn*

Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
wow... that went a little "out there"...

Is it just me or is everyone else silently going

Old 10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
just watching. heh. i might be biased. shawn tuned my car.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey, let's be clear, Jon's a good guy. I think he's a good tuner too. But there are some things I have to speak out on. Doesn't change my opinion of Jon's skills.

SC

Old 10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Team Transport Member
SHAWNS TUNING FTMFW

Sorry Jon but you never tell a customer the parts you have on your car are crap.

1) it's RUDE
2) its bad business
3) it makes you look like a jackass

just some wise words from a fellow business owner dont put customers down

Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zazaracing
SHAWNS TUNING FTMFW

Sorry Jon but you never tell a customer the parts you have on your car are crap.

1) it's RUDE
2) its bad business
3) it makes you look like a jackass

just some wise words from a fellow business owner dont put customers down
My theory is: Don't let customers use inferior products if you are responsible for the health and well being of their motor

Im sorry if me being Honest hurt your feelings.

Last edited by HB Speed; 10-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
wow... that went a little "out there"...

Is it just me or is everyone else silently going
Did I ramble

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
HB Speed seems to be helpful and interested in the good of their customers… Avo, I don’t think the guy was mean spirited when he said what he did – there may be truth in his “waning/info”… I do however see your point in that it could have been phrased better.

I’m happy to have found a new/closer location for race gas and would not have known that without this thread – HB Speed didn’t have to take the time to give all the info in that respect, especially since it didn’t really pertain to their business, but it shows me they care about fellow enthusiasts and I appreciate that. Based on others reviews here regarding installs I’m sure as time goes on the shop will do well.

Having that been said, My car has been Osiris tuned by Shawn @ Church Automotive Testing – Shawn’s abilities and customer service precedes him… he has always been extremely helpful to the VQ community on the forums, at dyno days, sponsoring events – hell I just had my buddy take his C6 to Shawn for tune and even though Shawn spent well over 3 hours on it, he only changed 2 – and the gains were great.

Anyway – point is Shawn is a proven tuner with lots of cars (including mine) out there doing very well at the track and holding it down on the street – he knows his stuff and understands the value of customer service… HB Speed very well may have the same attributes and over time might gain comparable loyalty.

Shawn is the one tuning my car – can’t ignore success.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by UpRev
Did I ramble
no, no... not your post per se... just the direction the thread went... kinda like when something really surprising or unusual happens everyone just stares in silence...

Then when time passes they speak about it... this has kinda gone that way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Osiris Tuning in O.C.