Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u dont need correct cuz they fine u again

Old 12-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
What was the fine originally at? How did you get it lowered? I don't mind taking my tint off and putting the plate back on if it's gonna lower my fine. I was going to do that anyway.
I just went to the clerk at the courthouse and that's the fine she said I had to pay. I didn't request to see the judge to ask for leniency, just paid the fine and went on my way. What county are you in? I'm in Orange County, so maybe the rate is different?

Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by RealMFG
I just went to the clerk at the courthouse and that's the fine she said I had to pay. I didn't request to see the judge to ask for leniency, just paid the fine and went on my way. What county are you in? I'm in Orange County, so maybe the rate is different?
Ah, ok. I thought the fine was more, and you asked or did something for them to lower it to $128. I guess I'll just pay the $201 fine. I'm still wondering how they determine if it's correctable or not though.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
Ah, ok. I thought the fine was more, and you asked or did something for them to lower it to $128. I guess I'll just pay the $201 fine. I'm still wondering how they determine if it's correctable or not though.
Maybe you're rate is higher because on your ticket the plate and tint was both marked "non-correctable"? On my ticket I believe the plate (marked correctable) was $10 for the processing fee and $118 for the tint being "non-correctable". I think it's BS that its up the the officer's discretion whether to mark correctable/non-correctable because it gives them room to discriminate (just IMO).

Old 12-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
This correctable/noncorrectable is a new thing to me. Tint and front plate
violations used to be fix-it tickets. Just this last year my son-in-law got a
ticket for tinted windows in Ventura. I took the tint off, had it signed off
and the fine was $20. That's a lot different than what you guys are talking
about!
Gary

Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im with Gary C,

i thought those were fix-it tickets...new laws? anyone fight these in court to see if they are correctable? either one or both?

theres sure hell of a lot of luxury rides with tinted front windows running around...dont tell me they're picking on G's now too..or anything import/racer/enthusiest person out there? like they did the older imports...

the front plate thing, they're reason is that they can't identify you're car if their ahead of you...or someone can't call ur plate in if their ahead.or some bs. that use to be correctible as well...

when im in my hatch, im law complient as much as i can, besides being slammed on 16s with no finger gap. i hate the hassle.

that sucks!!
$200+,i just finished "donating" $250 to the speeding and traffic school today to the good ol cali government.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
This correctable/noncorrectable is a new thing to me. Tint and front plate
violations used to be fix-it tickets. Just this last year my son-in-law got a
ticket for tinted windows in Ventura. I took the tint off, had it signed off
and the fine was $20. That's a lot different than what you guys are talking
about!
Gary
My previous ticket for tinted windows and no front plate were both correctable as well since I just got the ticket signed off and paid $10. I guess this time they are non-correctable. I'm not sure why. I'll call the courthouse one of these days and see what's up.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
It really depends on the area and the cop to be honest. My tints are quite dark in the front and I've driven with them rolled up and I have passed numerous cops both in a vehicle and on a bike.

A couple weeks ago I arrived at the Glendale City Hall parking structure (where I work) and I pulled into a spot and I get out the car and to my surprise a cop is just sitting there on his bike. He asks for license and registration, so I provide it.

He then asks who the car belongs to (probably thought it's stolen or something because of the lowered car, rims, tints, young driver with dark hair). He tells me my tints are too dark and proceeds to tell me he didn't know if i was male, female, or an alien. I felt like slapping him, because he was racial profiling.

Anyhow, he was about to write the ticket, even though I told him I work for the city, but after asking me what I do he just tells me that he better not catch me again with my tints...so now I just keep my windows down in Glendale, lol.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF! male female or alien..sheesh.thats hardcore to follow u till you parked in the lot. U shoulda said, well i didnt see you either, i smelled bacon n donuts...

tsk tsk tsk. they're def. picking on everyone...

Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I live in glendale and the cops here pick on every little thing!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by donpisto
It really depends on the area and the cop to be honest. My tints are quite dark in the front and I've driven with them rolled up and I have passed numerous cops both in a vehicle and on a bike.

A couple weeks ago I arrived at the Glendale City Hall parking structure (where I work) and I pulled into a spot and I get out the car and to my surprise a cop is just sitting there on his bike. He asks for license and registration, so I provide it.

He then asks who the car belongs to (probably thought it's stolen or something because of the lowered car, rims, tints, young driver with dark hair). He tells me my tints are too dark and proceeds to tell me he didn't know if i was male, female, or an alien. I felt like slapping him, because he was racial profiling.

Anyhow, he was about to write the ticket, even though I told him I work for the city, but after asking me what I do he just tells me that he better not catch me again with my tints...so now I just keep my windows down in Glendale, lol.

Wow what a prime example of how cops racial profile! I guess if u were female or alien (lemme guess your white male), he would have given you a ticket. Not to mention u working for the city helps u even more, so pretty much ur job and who u are helps u with getting away with tickets or pulled over. The cops lesson for u is to have ur windows down so i can see that ur not a female or alien so i wont pull u over... how messed up... go eat a donut ya pigs and look for real crooks instead of hassling us with stupid fix it tickets.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Eno19GnB]

Wow what a prime example of how cops racial profile! I guess if u were female or alien (lemme guess your white male), he would have given you a ticket. Not to mention u working for the city helps u even more, so pretty much ur job and who u are helps u with getting away with tickets or pulled over. The cops lesson for u is to have ur windows down so i can see that ur not a female or alien so i wont pull u over... how messed up... go eat a donut ya pigs and look for real crooks instead of hassling us with stupid fix it tickets.
Well, there's lots of Armenians in Glendale and I have several friends who get pulled over for no reason, they just fit the profile (they're Armenian). I'm half Armenian myself but I can pass for white, mexican, or italian, haha, but not that day. I hadn't shaved, so I looked like the majority of Armenians.

Cops there, as already mentioned, are extremly picky as is, but if you got lots of hair on your face, you're almost bound to get pulled over if you're driving a nice car, or any car for that matter.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=donpisto]
Originally Posted by Eno19GnB

Well, there's lots of Armenians in Glendale and I have several friends who get pulled over for no reason, they just fit the profile (they're Armenian). I'm half Armenian myself but I can pass for white, mexican, or italian, haha, but not that day. I hadn't shaved, so I looked like the majority of Armenians.

Cops there, as already mentioned, are extremly picky as is, but if you got lots of hair on your face, you're almost bound to get pulled over if you're driving a nice car, or any car for that matter.

It helps as long as u can pass as white and look clean cut upper class, as my stepdad used to have long hair and a beard(he's mexican), he would get pulled over left and right no matter what car he was in, but as soon as he chopped all his hair off and shaved his beard...poof! suddenly no more getting pulled over. Based on your appearance the cops are biased, ideally the safest look is some sort of white looking male that clean cut and looks of upper class(this includes europeans as long as u look like u could be white), it lessens your chances of getting pulled over. For example my preppy rich white friend that drives a mustang he drives like a friggin crazy maniac flooring it everywhere he goes and reaching speeds of 95 in a 45 zone and he is 27 years old and has never gotten a ticket as hes been driving like that since he was 16. Its just convenient that he gets away with driving like that and at time going 120mph on the freeway and never gets a ticket somehow and i get pulled over for crap like tint/no front plate, running a stop sign with no cars in sight, going 70 on the freeway...its just BS...i even know people that have friends that are cops and even they say cops racial profile. Just like in Harold and Kumar, they are just losers that grow up to become a cop to abuse their authority and power by picking on people(mainly minorities), LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Eno19GnB]
Originally Posted by donpisto

It helps as long as u can pass as white and look clean cut upper class, as my stepdad used to have long hair and a beard(he's mexican), he would get pulled over left and right no matter what car he was in, but as soon as he chopped all his hair off and shaved his beard...poof! suddenly no more getting pulled over. Based on your appearance the cops are biased, ideally the safest look is some sort of white looking male that clean cut and looks of upper class(this includes europeans as long as u look like u could be white), it lessens your chances of getting pulled over. For example my preppy rich white friend that drives a mustang he drives like a friggin crazy maniac flooring it everywhere he goes and reaching speeds of 95 in a 45 zone and he is 27 years old and has never gotten a ticket as hes been driving like that since he was 16. Its just convenient that he gets away with driving like that and at time going 120mph on the freeway and never gets a ticket somehow and i get pulled over for crap like tint/no front plate, running a stop sign with no cars in sight, going 70 on the freeway...its just BS...i even know people that have friends that are cops and even they say cops racial profile. Just like in Harold and Kumar, they are just losers that grow up to become a cop to abuse their authority and power by picking on people(mainly minorities), LOL
Yep, for the majority of the cops, thats how they are. Pretty sad. I learned a tip from a friend who has family in the CHP. He said whenever a cop and pulls you over and asks do you know what you did or even "do you know have fast you were going?"... many times they do not know, they just know you are going faster than the speed limit.

In this case, he said not to mention your actual speed, because they will right you a ticket for what you say (knowing you probably will tell them less), rather it's better to tell them you were going with the flow or doing the posted speed. Basically he was saying that they look for you to self incriminate yourself.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=donpisto]
Originally Posted by Eno19GnB

Yep, for the majority of the cops, thats how they are. Pretty sad. I learned a tip from a friend who has family in the CHP. He said whenever a cop and pulls you over and asks do you know what you did or even "do you know have fast you were going?"... many times they do not know, they just know you are going faster than the speed limit.

In this case, he said not to mention your actual speed, because they will right you a ticket for what you say (knowing you probably will tell them less), rather it's better to tell them you were going with the flow or doing the posted speed. Basically he was saying that they look for you to self incriminate yourself.
Read this, it's pretty funny.
http://www.ticketassassin.com/visorguide.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)