Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)

I got pulled over for tinted windows again (35% all around) right on the Canoga exit on the 101 W on my way to work about a month ago. He added the front plate after he pulled me over.

Anyway, on the ticket, it says that the front plate is correctable, but for the tint, he put non-correctable. I got the ticket in the mail that said the fine was $201. I'm sort of confused, if I pay this amount, do I not need to get either my front plate or the tinted windows signed off? I wanted a clarification on what's going on so I know what to do. I'm hoping I can get both the front plate and the windows signed off, so I don't have to pay, but from all the info I got off of Google, I think I can get the plate signed off, but not the windows since he put "non-correctable" .. so I might as well just pay the $201 and keep everything as is. But, with my luck, I'll probably get pulled over again for minor crap like this, so I might just put the plate on and remove the tint.

If anyone can help, please do.

EDIT: I just double checked the ticket, and both violations say non-correctable. I guess I just pay the fine/ticket.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by vstypicals; 12-16-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just got a ticket for my tail lights and windows being tinted, neither of them were correctable, i contacted the court house, and you dont have to prove any sort of correction, but im not sure about the front plate....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by hyperlite21
i just got a ticket for my tail lights and windows being tinted, neither of them were correctable, i contacted the court house, and you dont have to prove any sort of correction, but im not sure about the front plate....
I just double checked my ticket, and both of my violations (front plate and tinted windows) are NOT correctable. $201. How much was your ticket?

I might try fighting the ticket by "Trial by written declaration." It gives me a chance that the office won't file all the paperwork. I got the tip here: http://www.ticketassassin.com/fight.html

Goodluck,
Jeff

Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 PM
$263....

Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I just paid my fine for front plate and front tint as well. My ticket was also marked "non-correctable" for my tint. I ended up paying $128, but I had my tint taken off and installed the front plate.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
That sucks. I've only gotten one ticket for the plates and it was correctable. Is it up the police officers discretion whether they are correctable or not?

I've had 20% on all my windows for 2 1/2 years with no problems. If I feel I might get into trouble, I just roll them down.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
That sucks. I've only gotten one ticket for the plates and it was correctable. Is it up the police officers discretion whether they are correctable or not?

I've had 20% on all my windows for 2 1/2 years with no problems. If I feel I might get into trouble, I just roll them down.
Yea, I guess it is up to the officer if they want to make it correctable or not. I always roll my window down when I see a cop, but this guy came out of nowhere.. and it was 7am, the sun was up and bright, my windows basically looked see through, but I guess it was because I have black interior.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by RealMFG
I just paid my fine for front plate and front tint as well. My ticket was also marked "non-correctable" for my tint. I ended up paying $128, but I had my tint taken off and installed the front plate.
What was the fine originally at? How did you get it lowered? I don't mind taking my tint off and putting the plate back on if it's gonna lower my fine. I was going to do that anyway.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
your taillight ticket hyperlite21 is correctable. its a law. i fought it in court and won because my officer wrote non-correctable but it is. soooo ya...

Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by hyperlite21
$263....
Ouch.. I feel your pain.

Originally Posted by ILLMATiC G35
your taillight ticket hyperlite21 is correctable. its a law. i fought it in court and won because my officer wrote non-correctable but it is. soooo ya...
I wonder why tinted windows aren't correctable? You just take them off.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:20 AM
California needs a new governer(or whoever that would have the authority) that happens to be a car enthusiast liberal and make it so its legal in Cali to have no front plate and put as much tint as u want on any windows or tails haha...i can only wish...

Old 12-17-2008, 01:27 AM
They are really cracking down on the no front plates. I received one last month and am going to get it signed off tomorrow. I will probably leave it on this time for good as it's just not worth the hassle anymore. FWIW, I always received "correctable" violations when it came to tint/no plate tickets.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by wickedG35
They are really cracking down on the no front plates. I received one last month and am going to get it signed off tomorrow. I will probably leave it on this time for good as it's just not worth the hassle anymore.
I think its pointless for the cali cops to crack down on this no front plate/tint law as if u actually pay attention there are tons and tons of cars that drive with no front plates. I mean do they plan to give all of us tickets? I think cops are also bias thinking that any sports car thats modded in any way is up to no good and they pull us over thinking they can get more out of us or something as i see soooo many mercedes, bmw, lexus, and many other nice/luxury cars that drive around with no front plates and tint(they are just not as modded)...ehhh whateva...just a couple laws for cops convenience and paranoid thoughts...

maybe it would be worth the hassle to try to lower this ticket... when i got pulled over for tint and no front plate here in nor cal, it only cost me $10 after i showed them that i took the tint off and put the plate back on.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:10 AM
see on mine, i had my windows down the whole time and he asked me to roll them up after he wrote the ticket for the tail lights then he wrote the ticket for the window tint.....but the ticket for the windows was not correctable.....can i fight the fact that he made me roll my windows up after they were already down....

Old 12-17-2008, 02:12 AM
o and when i called the court houses they said i dont need to correct anything i just need to pay the fine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)