Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Fix-it ticket for tint and front plate (HELP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
[QUOTE=vstypicals]
Originally Posted by donpisto

Read this, it's pretty funny.
http://www.ticketassassin.com/visorguide.html
Some good info there. Not sure if I will remember all that, lol, but I'll have to keep reading up on it in case I come across another situation....but I've been driving like a granny lately so I shouldn't really have any problems.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=donpisto]
Originally Posted by vstypicals

Some good info there. Not sure if I will remember all that, lol, but I'll have to keep reading up on it in case I come across another situation....but I've been driving like a granny lately so I shouldn't really have any problems.
Yea, I gotta figure out how the best way to put on my license plate so the front end doesn't look so ugly. Same goes for the tint. No tint on the front windows when you have tint on the back looks weird to me. I'd take it all off, but I paid $200 for that.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:10 AM
I know they have it out there, but if you really wanted, you can do one of those hideaway plates so that it come from under the car and flips up. When you see a cop, simply push a button and you have your front plates.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I had a quick question, has anyone tried to get their tinted windows or no front license plate "non-correctable" violations signed off at the CHP station? I've read stories where some people had non-correctable violations, but got them signed off anyway because the CHP officer didn't notice?

In any case, I've double-stick taped my front plate back on, and removed my tint. I'll just send a picture to the judge, and hopefully he/she will be nice, and maybe lower my fine.. or the ticketing officer forgets to turn his paperwork in.

Last edited by vstypicals; 01-27-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I had a quick question, has anyone tried to get their tinted windows or no front license plate "non-correctable" violations signed off at the CHP station? I've read stories where some people had non-correctable violations, but got them signed off anyway because the CHP officer didn't notice?

In any case, I've double-stick taped my front plate back on, and remove my tint. I'll just send a picture to the judge, and hopefully he/she will be nice, and maybe lower my fine.. or the ticketing officer forgets to turn his paperwork in.
If sending a picture, why not just photoshop? I would assume they would want to see the vehicle for proof.

As for your question.... I don't know the answer, sorry

Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
If sending a picture, why not just photoshop? I would assume they would want to see the vehicle for proof.

As for your question.... I don't know the answer, sorry
Well, my "trial" is through written declaration so I won't be there in person. I don't need to Photoshop anything since I've corrected the violations. It's better than nothing. Like I said, I know my chances of winning is low, but it's worth a try or at least lower the fine. I'm just hoping the officer forget to turn his stuff in.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh I meant photoshopping prior to removing. I would recommend extending the trial date first. You probably would have a greater chance. I did the written declaration and the CHP officer didn't forget anything

Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh I meant photoshopping prior to removing. I would recommend extending the trial date first. You probably would have a greater chance. I did the written declaration and the CHP officer didn't forget anything
I've already extended the trial date. I got ticketed on 10/23/08 so it's been quite a while arleady. Haha. I didn't wanna give the cops any more reason to pull me over in the future so I just corrected the violations. In any case, I've already paid the bail amount. They will just refund my money if I win or keep it if I lose. Let's just hope I have better luck than you then.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Wow, yeah it's been a while...hopefully the officer did forget

Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was under the impression that if they mark it non correctable, you just pay the fine and move on

Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Alan
i was under the impression that if they mark it non correctable, you just pay the fine and move on
You're right, but since I decided to put the front license plate on, and removed my front tint, I want to see if I could at least lower my fine.. or maybe the officer forgets to turn in his paperwork and I get my $201 refunded.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
It really depends on the area and the cop to be honest. My tints are quite dark in the front and I've driven with them rolled up and I have passed numerous cops both in a vehicle and on a bike.

A couple weeks ago I arrived at the Glendale City Hall parking structure (where I work) and I pulled into a spot and I get out the car and to my surprise a cop is just sitting there on his bike. He asks for license and registration, so I provide it.

He then asks who the car belongs to (probably thought it's stolen or something because of the lowered car, rims, tints, young driver with dark hair). He tells me my tints are too dark and proceeds to tell me he didn't know if i was male, female, or an alien. I felt like slapping him, because he was racial profiling.

Anyhow, he was about to write the ticket, even though I told him I work for the city, but after asking me what I do he just tells me that he better not catch me again with my tints...so now I just keep my windows down in Glendale, lol.
Damn, I always thought the cops didn't care about tint in Glendale.
I moved there about 3 years ago and found every other car had blacked out windows so when I mistakenly got 15% instead of 20% tint for the fronts I didn't worry too much about it.
I'll have to keep an eye out now.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I forget to speak Spanish when ever I get pulled over...I do look white so it's saved me a couple of times.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by irishsig
Damn, I always thought the cops didn't care about tint in Glendale.
I moved there about 3 years ago and found every other car had blacked out windows so when I mistakenly got 15% instead of 20% tint for the fronts I didn't worry too much about it.
I'll have to keep an eye out now.
Cops in Glendale can be BIG time jerks, just depends on the cop. My buddy also works for the city and got a ticket for no tags, no license plate, no insurance. It's a lease, he forgot his insurance card he just printed out at home, and well the plates were his fault, but the cop wouldn't believe him about the insurance.

You're right though, so many cars with dark tint. My coworker has double limo in the rears and limo in the front. He gets pulled over, they search his car, find nothing because there is nothing, and let him go...their excuse is his tint, yet they don't cite, lol. It's basically at the cop's discretion.

Originally Posted by MEXTEP
I forget to speak Spanish when ever I get pulled over...I do look white so it's saved me a couple of times.
Hahaha

Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 AM
c35
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get a front plate ticket everytime I park at LAX.