Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Do not shop at circuit city!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not shop at circuit city!

DO NOT SHOP AT CIRCUIT CITY!
Private liquidators now operate Circuit City. However they still have the sign up, employee are wearing the Circuit City Shirts. These liquidators are no longer adhering to any reasonable business practices under these circumstances. You might as well buy your electronic goods from a white van driving thru the parking lot, “Hey guys I have a deal for you, but today only!” ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE, NO PRICE GUANRATEE, OR PRODUCT GUARANTEE!
I stop by the Circuit City at Huntington Beach, CA today after a Sunday lunch with my wife to see if they had any deals. I walked through the store and just as I expected no deals, no real sales, and just a chaos of naïve people rummaging through the store as if they were giving products away. As usual incompetent hourly wage earning, liquidating clerks (wearing circuit city costumes). They were rude, unhelpful, and lack of knowledge, and business of electronics. What happened to this company? It used to be one of the oldest premier electronic retailers.
Well long story short, I found a guitar hero guitar for Wii on sale for $19.99, WOW what a deal! I actually found the needle in the haystack. I continued to walk thru the store, I picked up a four Pack of rechargeable battery for the Wii remote $49.99 minus there incredible 10% discount, couple of pc learning game for my daughter $14.99. As I Proceeded to the register, I noticed they only had three registers open, with all these promotion of sales and customers in the store, what a surprise! A wait of 15 minutes if I may add. When I finally got up to the register and the rude clerk behind the register scanned the guitar, $39.99. I told him they had it marked at $19.99, he simply stated in the rudest, dismissive manner as possible “It’s $39.99 take it or leave it.” I said hold this item, I’ll go get the tag, I walked back to the store and pull the tag off the bin and brought it up to the register and showed it to him, this is when he stated we don’t have to honor any prices, we are LIQUIDATORS, WHAT I SCAN IS WHAT YOU PAY! I then asked for the manager and he simply stated we have nothing to do with Circuit City pricing, WE ARE LIQUADATORS! I walked out the store and I will no longer shop at Circuit City anymore after 20 years of doing business with them. Wait they are going out of business, I guess I have the last laugh.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Old news

https://g35driver.com/forums/souther...cuit-city.html
Originally Posted by OCG35
Liquidators bought the merch, marked everything up then put a 30%+ off sign... so the prices aren’t any better than Frys or Best Buy. I went to the one in Compton (closest around) and was f-ing pissed that I wasted my time… I felt like telling them what a-holes they are for trying to consider those going out of biz prices. Phucking joke!

I’m sure some poor fools that don’t know any better will think they got a great deal.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 PM
lol. i went there to look for my canon camera, and it was $150 more than msrp

Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I miss Good Guys... they carried way better line than Best Buy & Circuit City... a small (very small) part of their product was carried by Comp USA when GG closed... now Comp USA is gone

We're left with McDonalds type electronics... it's amazing how many people will buy a POS LCD from places like Wal-Mart thinking if its name brand its good (they don’t realize its the bottom line of the brand)... Best Buy carried Klipsch - but the POS entry level Klipsch (thank gawd I got my Klipsch before GG closed)… Oh well, there’s always the over-priced small hi-end stores… sometimes they have decent prices. And every now & then Fry’s has okay stuff.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
They were never good in Corpus Christi TX. I went in there years ago not long after they opened. I was descended upon like a pack of hungry Hyenas. You can always tell when the sales people work for commission.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
What happened to good old circuit city...

+1 on those minimum wage fools that work there, lmao. I dont blame them for not giving a shiet, I just laugh at them for actually excepting the pay they get HAHA broke people
Ohh I'm sorry for not making as much as you. I am quite broke. Can you teach me to be as rich as you are? I worked for circuitcity.. i hope I didn't offend you with my minimum pay sir. I am also sorry because I am soo stupid. I am sorry for accepting my minimum pay. I am not as smart and educated and rich as you are sir.

Circuitcity hasn't been on commision for atleast the last 7 years. Assistant managers make 60K, store managers make 120k+, district managers make 260k+ so on and so forth.

Some of those lowly associates that have been at Circuit City actually make 70k+ a year. Last time I checked, thats more than the minimum pay.

Sorry that these 35000+ people who will be losing their jobs aren't as rich as you are and are broke. Maybe you can teach them to be rich like you> Buy a G35 and live the big life like you?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
They were never good in Corpus Christi TX. I went in there years ago not long after they opened. I was descended upon like a pack of hungry Hyenas. You can always tell when the sales people work for commission.
you just have to know how to deal with pushy sales people... I don’t play the "polite" bs... I usually know more about the products than they do and I let them know it...

My post was specifically regarding the quality of merchandise. I’d much rather have quality electronics than store personnel

Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What happened to good old circuit city...
www.newegg.com
www.amazon.com
www.mwave.com
www.dell.com
www.electronicsexpo.com (or something like that)

thats just the computer and electronics - well more for amazon. car audio is even more nuts

Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
www.electronicsexpo.com

I might like that store...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
(In bold, what was the point of that?) FAIL!...Bet people are laughing at you instead with your comment, heck most people in socal know me well so I bet theyre laughing at you even harder knowing ME..

Sorry can't tell you how to be "rich" like me, then everyone will stop working there minimum wages at circuit city etc. that makes them "70k" a year...LOL..wait so a lowly associate makes 70k a year? And Assistant mangers make 60k a year? LOL..I'm a little lost here..

Hey, nothing personal, I was only making fun of the workers that get paid minimum wage that works there, I'm sorry that I offended you, but I give you props for admitting to be broke. Maybe circuit city was a career to you? Maybe that's why you don't work there anymore? Upgraded?

Either way, I'm straight with all this, I'm going to go "College" so I don't have to work at these places..but don't tell me about how some kids work there part-time, I'M NOT EXCEPTING MINIMUM WAGE...Heck I won't except 60k a year LMFAO..

But hey, i dont know why you got all jumpy man, but either way, I got my flame suit on if you want to argue, I'm way experienced for that on this forum.
Congratulations. You are rich AND famous. I only wish that with that fame and fortune, you actually had some class. So you are going to college now? Good for you, don't ever accept 60k jobs or below, that is even better.

You should learn to not judge people based on where they work. Yes, Some employees do make 70k+ a year, more than the assistant managers.

Off course I am broke. I got a wife, a house, 2 cars, a kid on the way, how else can i survive with my minimum wage?

I can't upgrade from circuit city, I don't have a college degree like you, and i am not famous and rich like you. I don't know anybody.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
(In bold, what was the point of that?) FAIL!...Bet people are laughing at you instead with your comment, heck most people in socal know me well so I bet theyre laughing at you even harder knowing ME..

Sorry can't tell you how to be "rich" like me, then everyone will stop working there minimum wages at circuit city etc. that makes them "70k" a year...LOL..wait so a lowly associate makes 70k a year? And Assistant mangers make 60k a year? LOL..I'm a little lost here..

Hey, nothing personal, I was only making fun of the workers that get paid minimum wage that works there, I'm sorry that I offended you, but I give you props for admitting to be broke. Maybe circuit city was a career to you? Maybe that's why you don't work there anymore? Upgraded?

Either way, I'm straight with all this, I'm going to go "College" so I don't have to work at these places..but don't tell me about how some kids work there part-time, I'M NOT EXCEPTING MINIMUM WAGE...Heck I won't except 60k a year LMFAO..

But hey, i dont know why you got all jumpy man, but either way, I got my flame suit on if you want to argue, I'm way experienced for that on this forum.

Dude stop it really your making a fool of yourself. You haven't even been out in the real world still living off mommy and daddy's money and you are bagging on people trying to make a living. There has been a lot of history where sales people earn more than managers and thats a fact. With the state of the US economy right now don't be so cocky you just might end up with a minimum wage paying job even after a collage degree. And for a collage student you should learn how to spell.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
subscribed

Old 01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
it's the internet. stop being so sensitive, everyone lol

Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow . . . what a shame. Good to know, though. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do not shop at circuit city!