Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

California Speedway June 25th sign up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: California Speedway June 25th sign up

Totally fantastic pics and experience Arash. Really neat.
I need to get some tips from you now on how to take the course turn by turn!!

Cpe 6MT/Aero/Prem/ATI/RT cats/Borla hdrs-catbcks/Nismo flywhl-cltch/TS-ECU/Tein flex EDFC/Stillen sways

Old 06-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL yea i could help out now. Im going to take over Clints job. LOL

Not like that would ever happen. Ed i wont call you when im in the track area, i dont want to disturb you when your driving etc... Ill meet you right next to your car. So again just leave me a message on my phone. I am coming with 2 other friends to watch.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 06-22-2004, 10:49 AM

Ed, looks like just you and me going to this event on Friday. We have to show them what the G can do...lol. Since mine is basically stock and it will be my first time on the track, guess it is your job to show them then. I will be there with two coworkers, one with a red RX8 and the other is a white Saleen Mustang. I can't wait, this is all I think about since the weekend.

Bo
6M/T Coupe, DP/Willow, Premium, Al pedals, splash guards, Z-tube w/ K&N drop in, Fujitsubo Y-Pipe

Old 06-22-2004, 01:37 PM

Bo:
I hear you loud and clear. I go to sleep at night, and the last thing I do is envision each turn, each gear shift, every nuance of the track. Two or three laps. Then sleepy-bye. Pre-game cranking up I guess. Happens every time. Every time.

But you will see it is really laid back and easy going, no pressure at all. You only go as fast as you are comfortable, and that typically should be rather slow the first few laps at least, even the first few sessions. It is kind of like golf..everybody is too involved in their own thing to be worried about watching the new guy...other than to take some interest that he not hurt himself or his car or anyone else.
Just be safe and you will have a barrel of monkeys good time.

A Saleen Mustang eh? That is a very nice machine indeed. He should have a lot of fun blasting down that big straight and oval turn. The RX8 is going to be amazing in the turns on the road course section, and since he will enter the front straight at 80+mph the torque problem for the rotary will not be hurting him there so much. His challenge will be coming out of the hairpins onto the two infield straights where his low revs and low speed will put a big spotlight on his low grunt. He should do pretty darn well with that wide low stance...and there are not too many cars that look better.

I will be looking for you, and if you want to, just stage your car in the paddock next to mine. I have tools, a torque wrench for the lugs, etc. Bring a roll of blue masking tape to protect your headlamp lenses, and a cooler with water for you!
See you there!

Cpe 6MT/Aero/Prem/ATI/RT cats/Borla hdrs-catbcks/Nismo flywhl-cltch/TS-ECU/Tein flex EDFC/Stillen sways

Old 06-24-2004, 02:13 PM

Ed, are you running on the white group? I will be on the yellow.

Bo
6M/T Coupe, DP/Willow, Premium, Al pedals, splash guards, Z-tube w/ K&N drop in, Fujitsubo Y-Pipe

Old 06-24-2004, 11:33 PM

Bo:
I can run white or yellow this time. I am going to decide after I find out how many cars are in each group. If the white group is really crowded, I might run yellow. But I am going with a little more pump so probably white. Later in the day it sometimes thins out a little bit, so I will just play it by ear, but probably white to start.

Your first couple sessions you will be with an instructor either in your car, or you will be following one. So you will get a good safe orientation and you will not be going too fast, so absolutely nothing to worry about. By the third session you can go solo, or take an instructor, as you feel comfortable. Odds are very high you will go solo then. You can just work on your line identification, braking point and turn in point, and picking the apex and tracking out. And in between just flooring it down the straights and getting used to the speed. It will be loads of fun.

Put in a bigger oil pan today, so carrying 6.75 quarts of oil. Did not get the adjustable front camber control arms in (somebody had a brain freeze) so those will be in next week, but too late for tomorrow. Rats. I really wanted those on for this track.
C'est la vie, no?

This will be really good fun. Arash should be there, Gurgen is down, having just picked up his PE TT set up, and he might amble by later in the day. Clint is working hard tomorrow, but there is a slight chance he will pull by before we close out the day. He lent me a little mic to try out, hopefully to damp out some of the wind buffet.

See you there at 7am.
Ed

Old 06-25-2004, 12:45 AM

Ed cant wait to see you tear up the track. I couldnt get a helmet so if you can please bring one.

I am bringing a couple of friends. They couldnt make it out to Willow last time so they want to see what this is all about. We are going to bring some beers and some sun tan lotion so we can have a nice day in the sun full of racing and watching cars go by us around 150MPH. At lunch there will be a full on race with some people in the red group. Ed i will bring all my camera stuff so we can get some good footage.

Call me once you park in the pit area so i can come park right next to you.

Have a safe drive in the morning.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav