Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Moving to socal...need a place to stay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Moving to socal...need a place to stay

first and foremost i would like to say hi to all you socal folks!

my name is Nat and i currently live in northern california, but i will be moving down here in the fall to attend school at cal poly pomona. i was lurking through the socal section and saw that there are a few of you here that attend cal poly pomona. i am turning to the forums for help because it would be nice to be able to live with someone with some common interests. i am in need of housing when i move down and i have no idea where to look for housing down here. whats a good/safe city to live in that isnt TOO FAR away from pomona? better yet, anyone here looking for roommates?

about what is the average cost of rent in pomona or the surrounding area for a room?

i will be bringing the G down along with MAYBE another toy or 2, and i do care about my babies, so itd be nice if i could find a place with at least 1 garage spot. if anyone is looking into renting a house next year, id definitely be down to be a potential roommate!

about me:
-asian
-business major
-love cars(been in the car scene for as long as i can remember. worked at FFTEC in norcal and a few other shops. been judging for JDMTheory, weksos, etc etc)
-love photography
-love detailing
-occasionally smokes
-no pets but wouldnt mind living with one
-clean
-social

Last edited by NAT@FFTec; 07-21-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Nearby very safe cities include:

Walnut (very nice city, very close @ 5-10 min drive people are kinda **** and sheriff station nearby)
Chino Hills (not too shabby at all)
San Dimas (furthest of the 3, quiet as well)

Those 3 are suburbs......it's where I would live if I went to Cal Poly.

My parent's house will be up for rent soon, and I will be in the live in landlord if it all works out.....would be nice to have 2 sedans in the garage. Howtever, it's about a 20 min drive from pomona in Rancho Cucamonga (very nice and cop friendly suburb) so that may be out of the question for you.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ wat he said but those areas are hella expenive

so if money isnt really an issue

try

West covina, Rowland heights, some areas of la puente (between nogales & Valley) , diamond bar. those are a little less expensive but for the most part pretty safe. lived in la puente all my life and never been shot at or broken into =)

Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah the areas are pricey but he did say safe

I agree with your suggestions too.......Nogales Shadow Oak area is not too bad at all.....I cant believe I forgot diamond bar (very safe), but from what I've seen, their prices are pretty up there with Walnut. Rowland is a bit out of my league, I'm not familiar with the houses in that area. But since he's asian.....he'll love rowland....sooooooooo much good food to eat there lol

Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
ive stayed in diamond bar and rancho before and both areas are nice. is there usually traffic from rancho to pomona in the morning and afternoons? i dont mind commuting...i just HATE sitting in traffic especially if i have to leave the house at 6am...and i know socal is notorious for traffic.

ill be in socal all week and will be in pomona and surrounding areas to look for housing some time this week.

g sedan, let me know about your house in rancho as i am very interested! are you currently attending school also?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
Yeah the areas are pricey but he did say safe
lol
when you guys say pricey, how pricey is it? on craigslist, i see rooms going from 400-700. id like to spend about 500 or so.

also, what are some cities i would want to avoid so i dont waste my time while im down here

Old 06-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to Traffic land, theres always traffic in Socal esp on the 10 and 60 HAHA

Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well in the mornig traffic on the 60 and10 are going westbound so if you move to rancho you will have a lot of traffic to deal with especially where the 57 meets

and in the afternoon traffic goes eastbound.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
yeah there is mild to moderate traffic in the morning.....but in rancho you take the 210 like me so it's not that bad actually.

I am currently working in City of Industry so I head down that way. 57 south is clear in the morning until where it meets the 60, but you will not have to go there since you will get off before you hit the 60. For $500 a month all of the areas i listed are probably out of the question.......especially if you're looking for accomodations like garage, internet, utilities, etc.

Rancho........let me talk to my parents first, I'm not sure what they want to do as of yet......its an option for you in the future for sure if it does go through.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:16 PM
yeah there is mild to moderate traffic in the morning.....but in rancho you take the 210 like me so it's not that bad actually.

I am currently working in City of Industry so I head down that way. 57 south is clear in the morning until where it meets the 60, but you will not have to go there since you will get off before you hit the 60. For $500 a month all of the areas i listed are probably out of the question.......especially if you're looking for accomodations like garage, internet, utilities, etc.

Rancho........let me talk to my parents first, I'm not sure what they want to do as of yet......its an option for you in the future for sure if it does go through.
keep me updated. a garage isnt needed as long as the area is safe

Old 06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd stay away from West Covina. I've been living here for 7 years now and sad to say that it's a taken a down turn Within that time span I had my old car broken into twice while parked outside and just recently had my house broken into, ransacked, and my new car stolen. I'm planning to move the fvck outta here by the end of the year!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
move into rancho too john.......

FRAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!! ahahahahhaha

Old 06-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
move into rancho too john.......

FRAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!! ahahahahhaha
What would the Frat name be??? nah... Rancho is the opposite direction I wanna be..

Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
does that mean i can see your hella fvcking flush ride in person now NAT@FFTec?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^That's what I was thinking. Your setup is siiiiick, can't wait to check it out man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moving to socal...need a place to stay