Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Street race that turned bad...(kind of long!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Street race that turned bad...(kind of long!)

So I was on my way to Moca Salsa in La Habra and I noticed that a stock Nissan Sentra wanted to race me, but I don't participate in such activities. So I'm just cruising, letting the dude do his thing to try and impress the girl that was in the passenger seat. We get to a red light, the light turns green and all of a sudden I am behind a slow moving car; no big deal, I just move over and get behind the Sentra. Now I'm cruising and they're cruising because he has no one to bother. Then all of a sudden, a 4-door civic (stock) comes into the picture. They both end up speeding up but get stopped to a red light; this is where it gets good! They line up, light turns green and I am behind them watching all the way. The speeds increase, and I wanted to kind of keep up with them without speeding to much, so I cut myself off at 50 mph on a 35 (always have to look out for cops on Whittier Blvd.) When I'm hitting 50, there distance from me gradually increased and before I knew it they were probably about 2 blocks ahead of me; so I figure they were probably going about 70! I start to look ahead of them and I see a newer civic si pulling out of norms, right before colima and whittier. The si is crossing the street to make a u-turn and makes it to the middle of the first and second lane, the 4 door civic punches the brakes and swerves around missing the si, and, well, no such luck for the sentra. The sentra slammed the brakes, tried to swerve, but still smashed the si from behind. The si wound up on the other side of the street with a smashed back-end (luckily there was no oncoming traffic). The 4 door civic continues about his business and drives off, nowhere to be seen. The sentra pulls off the road and parks the car. As for me, I slow to make sure there was nothing in the street that would pop my tires and continue on to moca salsa. But I did look at the guy driving the sentra, in his eyes, and shook my head as I drove by. I didn't want to stop because there was so much adrenaline going through me because all of a sudden I got a flash back to about 5 months ago when I was victimized in a hit & run that totalled my civic and got me my G35! On my way back, I saw that there were cops present and almost just drove by again but couldn't do that. I turned and told the cops what I saw.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Props to you for staying out of it and also for going back to talk to the cops. Way to set an example bro .

Old 08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Moca Salsa FTW!!!

Good call on staying out of it (until the end, lol).

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 PM
how long were you gone?

It's kind of dick to leave someone that could have potential fatal injuries. I hope you never serve in the military.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
He did the right thing, cudos to you for not racing.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats! that street is full of ricers. many deaths on colima once u get over the hill into whittier. and the streets are crappy, what can you do? i would have checked on the innocent guy tho. good thing you werent part of the statistics

Old 08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by binder
how long were you gone?

It's kind of dick to leave someone that could have potential fatal injuries. I hope you never serve in the military.
shut up and before you talk ****, i'm a Marine

Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's just plain embarrassing for the girlfriend (or whoever she was).

Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 PM
how long were you gone?

The reason I continued on was because as soon as the party in the si (a guy and his girlfriend) got hit, they immediately got out of the car. So I knew they were ok. As far as the people in the sentra go, they seemed like they were fine because the driver immediately pulled off into a parking lot.

So as far as it being a dick move to leave, I would disagree.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
shut up and before you talk ****, i'm a Marine
good for you, i'm a 6 year army sergeant. want a cookie?

Originally Posted by Bigtime
The reason I continued on was because as soon as the party in the si (a guy and his girlfriend) got hit, they immediately got out of the car. So I knew they were ok. As far as the people in the sentra go, they seemed like they were fine because the driver immediately pulled off into a parking lot.

So as far as it being a dick move to leave, I would disagree.
so where did you get your degree in medicine? just because someone jumps out of the car during a rush of adrenaline means they are ok. How did you know there wasn't a child in the rear seat?

Anyone that drives past an accident scene when there aren't rescue personnel are plain selfish. Maybe you won't be needed but you can still stop and at least offer. Especially since you witnessed it. No reason to leave the scene.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:23 PM
binder,

look boot, at ease ur face. ur stupid comments make everyone in the Armed Forces look like a bunch of idiots. if you have an opinion, it's yours. don't say **** like, "i hope you never serve in the Military." i know they thought you that by now. B O O T

Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm a Sergeant of Marines and been in 8yrs BTW

Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 AM
so where did you get your degree in medicine? just because someone jumps out of the car during a rush of adrenaline means they are ok. How did you know there wasn't a child in the rear seat?

Anyone that drives past an accident scene when there aren't rescue personnel are plain selfish. Maybe you won't be needed but you can still stop and at least offer. Especially since you witnessed it. No reason to leave the scene.
I am going to tell you how I know there wasn't a baby in the back seat. When the si got hit, their first reaction was to get out and try to cross the street and go see the other people who hit them. If there was a baby on board, their first responsibility would have been to check so see if their baby was okay, and that didn't happen because no one was back there.

If I'm selfish, then a whole lot of other people are selfish as well, or even worse. When I drove past the scene there was about 4 or 5 cars who slowed to see what happened. There was also a restaurant packed with about 50 people, with a big glass windows in which almost everyone could see out. When I came back from getting some food, and stopped to talk to the cops, I talked to the innocent party for a moment and they told me that I was the only who stopped to report anything. They said not one car stopped to say anything nor did anyone come out of the restaurant.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd have stayed the first time around.

1) to check if everyone is okay, mainly the innocent Si that got hit, not the stupid **** street racers, I'd check them last.

2) To tell the cops what happened, anyone who is going to street race on a public road will get snitched on. I don't care if I'm seen as a rat, a snitch, an informant!! I get more satisfaction seeing idiots get put away for the dumb shiet they pull

3) I was a captain of my church Royal Ranger squad, I outrank you guys.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:39 AM
LOL, thanks for lightening things up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street race that turned bad...(kind of long!)