Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Nisei*** How did it go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 05:25 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Nisei*** How did it go?

No1Better~ What do you mean GO ALL OUT? A car that is both SHOW and TRACK ready? How are you supposed to track a car with carbon fiber aero that will crack with the slightest impact? 20" rims that not only adds ridiculous weight on the track but also bend with minimal pressure?

Mods takes both time and money, it takes at least 3X the price for mods on the G35 compared to your old Civic. People love ricing out Civics because after market rims cost $700 a set, turbo $800, and projector headlights for $150. Try to rice out a G (not sure why you would want to do that....) would cost you upwards to $10k easy.

"DjGcue, G354God and others are almost there."

Have you even seen their cars in person? What do you mean 'almost' ? Their cars are top notch and I can't see you built a better car. Haterz~

Old 08-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"DjGcue, G354God and others are almost there."

Don't forget my car, it will be ready with 700+hp to the wheel by end of this month.

03 G35 Coupe: Check my profile for the spec./05 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Old 08-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to say that the G's I saw were so-so at best. If you have ever been to the Tokyo Auto Salon then you can see that form AND funtion are the emphasis of their show cars. Signal, Top Secret, and other Japanese tuners seem to have that down pat.

I am not a hater, believe me, if I had the money...damn non-profit work!!!

I just want the quality to go up. The competition has gone up so everyone has to catch up. That is why I listed those brands at the end. I suppose Zeal suspensions and Alcon brakes are "rice?" If I wanted "rice" I would go Tokico and Stop-Tech.

APC is my weapon of choice.
APC reeks of great taste.
APC is the greatest aftermarket company in the world!

324225-CIMG0575Small.JPG

Old 08-17-2004, 05:51 AM

I forgot to mention whiteg35c. I was hoping you were going to be at Nissei. Bryan H told me you might show up. Maybe next time...

Old 08-17-2004, 05:57 AM

This S2000 easily had at least $20 grand put into it. High-quality work and parts and NOT rice...

324228-CIMG0571small.JPG

Old 08-17-2004, 10:16 AM

That's Tommy's S2K. He won both days, that's gangster.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:08 AM

Don't worry No1Better, Transport will eventually be in those ranks!
I'm one of those Civic guys that grew up, but I don't/can't do shows anymore. Gotta save up for a house, marriage, and kids!! Besides, I enjoy my semi-stock G just the way it is

99 Supercharged Civic Si sold
03.5 DG 6MT Coupe
AIM: Ken99Si

Old 08-17-2004, 01:47 PM

Ok im not going to start anything so dont read this in an angry manner im just stating my point.

Ok granted those company's you listend are top notch. Like someone else said, you have to invest ALOT more into the g35 to get it to where you want it to be.

Its going to be real hard to have a car that you put into shows then the next weekend you go out and race it on the track. The cars are mostly built for the shows. Granted they also have the go.

For instance have you seen Dean's Car, his car is comparable to DJGcue etc...

Also as for the Tokyo Auto Salon, i went in 2002, its like a SEMA show BUT for the Japanese market, so its a vendor event. The cars they have, they make the parts and pretty much get them for free.

So please you cannot compare regular people to those big vendors. Also getting some of these parts is not that easy

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 08-17-2004, 03:35 PM

i really doubt those two nice Hondas(ok, one was an Acura) actually do 'both' like you say we 'should'.
because the paint job on those cars are like superb. no chips, dents, nothing. they're show cars and show cars only.

if the owners of those car actually raced them, i'd give'em props.

www.cardomain.com/id/axa_g35

Old 08-17-2004, 04:28 PM

If you look at the high end cars at auto shows ( G35s...BMWs...BENZ ...AUDI ) none of these cars are ever modded to the limit because they come so well tuned from the factory....u dont need to put 20 k into the engine to make it badass b/c they already are badass....try hooking up a german car or g35 it will cost u 5 times as much as much as a cheap *** civic....and the stupidest thing about riced out cars is the owners put ANYTHING and EVERYHTING that is avaiable to their car....and all those parts are cheap and highly available....seeing a modded G35 crew at a car show is totally awesome now since the car has only been out for 2 years.....civcs and integras have been around forever.....Take a look at the cars in EUROPROJEKTZ.....now those cars kick the SH@$ outta any riced cars and they arent modded to the max....but probably have 5 X as much money invested into them....almost all those cars run HRE rims which themselves run 7 Grand!....and thats only the rims.....try comparing body work.....HAMANN stuff runs 10 grand for a decent kit.....

Old 08-17-2004, 04:44 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Its going to be real hard to have a car that you put into shows then the next weekend you go out and race it on the track.

<hr></blockquote>

I don't want to come off harsh but, I agree with Arash. That's why I dropped out of Transport. I'm still friends with all of them, but it turns out, racing is my passion and not showing. It's virtually impossible to be heavily involved in both worlds unless your pockets are endless. Tell you what No1Better, why don't you set an example and do everything to your car that you listed and I'll see you at Button Willow on Oct 1st. Then, we will find out if there's "No1Better". <---not calling you out in a negative way, I'm just saying, it's not as easy as you make it sound.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 08-17-2004, 04:48 PM

I disagree. You make it sound as though people who do not have the $$$$ to "compete" in these shows should not attend. I personally would not enter a show because its just not my thing but I can imagine it would be that attitude that would scare people away from taking a chance. I think some people get piece by piece over a long period of time rather then shelling out $20k in one shot. I just don't think they should be shunned because of a current lack of $$$$.

-JustICE

Old 08-17-2004, 05:06 PM

Would you have prefered to not see any G's there? I personally like to see the semi-modded guys rather than the full show guys... It just seems like it's more aimed at me... I like seeing the full on body kits, crazy paint, killer systems, racing seats, etc, but I'm not going to be doing that to my ride... Now someone with nice wheels, a good drop, maybe some upgraded brakes, exhaust, or even something as small as a different grounding kit, that's what I'm there to see...

For me, it's all about seeing the privateer's cars rather than the sponsored guys, but then again that's just me... I just get bothred when I see posts like this, cause as someone else mentioned, it may scare off some people who might otherwise show their cars...

Just my $0.02

Risingsun124...

2004.5 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Black/Graphite / Premium / Nav / Performance / Aero / and some other goodies...

Old 08-17-2004, 05:24 PM

EXACTLY risingsun124!!!....thats what i like when i go to small auto shows...cuz i can relate to the peoples cars and seek advice on mods that i too can afford to buy....also to see mods that i would actually want to put on my car....i mean sure orange/purple/blue civics with crazy systems are kool...but they actaully dont capture my interest as much as G35s do....

Old 08-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Team Transport Member

Someone opened the wrong can of worms!!!!!!!!!

Money talks BS walks! Where was your G? Is it 100% done out? A huge majority of those cars are fully sponcered and cant be driven on the street. you can find civic parts at pep boys come on dude use your head never compare the two.

DjGque's ride is nice but when have you ever seen him drive it. (no offence bro) and Hybrids cars lots of money and sponcership! that have a great team no doubt. I think Tom (whiteg35c) is the only one i know who drives his car around and not just show to show.

So untill we see you car with some work and showing then keep your $0.02 in your pocket you'll need every penny for your mods!

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.