Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ASB Prez seeking advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ASB Prez seeking advice

Hey all you G owners out there. I have a request... more like a plea tho... i will be in my senior year [upcoming sept] and i am the Student Body Prez. for next year also. i JUST got a 5AT IP coupe for my first car, and i am loving it. Thing is... next year will be my last year and i am forming a club at school which i have dubbed I.C.E. [import car enthusist- but theres always room for domestics ;P] ... i want to make it a memorable year and so i have devised a master plan to make it so. SO! my plan is to have a gigantic event / fundraiser for the school and for a [later chosen] charity. It will basically be a huge BBQ [with proceeds given to the school and the charity], a car show [hopefully full of you guys, your friends, your GIRLfriends ;P...my friends and other car clubs i will invite], and, now this is the crucial part... parts dealers, companies, and spokespeople with booths... i plan to have the cars lined up in the parking lots connected to the football field, and the show cars, lined up around the track of the foot ball field... admission + bbq + [hopefully] a percentage of the parts sold that day will be donated to the school / charity. My requests to you: 1) do you foresee any problems / glitches with my reasoning? 2) would you, yourself or people you know be willing to come? 3) can you offer me advice as to what companies to invite and / or how to approach them?

Time and Date are flexible, since this is an idea, not yet put into action. Like i said, I am the Top Dog, next year, and I was Junior Cl. Prez this year, and I am on the Board of Directors... so i wield a 'certain' amt of power =P ....

The school is located in the BEAUTIFUL pacific palisades [its right near PCH, like 5 mins away from the Santa Monica Pier]...

Of course food will be free to you guys... and... i wont charge admission~ hehe

My name is Eddie "kyu" Kim [age 17], and i thank you for your time...
you can contact me quickest by AIM: NFiNiTGodzilla, email: Deejay.Kyusang@verizon.net or PM... in that order, lol ... thanks!!!! peace.

Old 08-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ASB Prez seeking advice

hehe... this (later chosen) charity wouldnt possibly be the "Eddie "kyu" Kim" Raising money to buy mods Charity would it??
ie.
Buy myself Injen Exhaust Charity
buy myself F/I Charity

I don't donate to those charities.
=)

Stillen Stage 2 Supercharger, Stillen Front Bumper, Stillen Carbon Fiber Hood, Injen SES Cat-back Exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, 19" Axis Hiro Anthracite, Clear Corners

Old 08-19-2004, 02:46 AM

sounds like a good idea. but it takes a lot of work to set up a good car show. if you can actually get this thing started, im sure lots of people will be down to show. you have to contact some vendors though. and you might want to get some trophies or nobody else will want to show.

maybe if u promise some hot girls...hot rich girls... hot rich korean girls. hahaha. hook it up.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 08-19-2004, 02:47 AM

This is a joke right?

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Team Transport Member

Great idea dude! IF YOU REALLY WANT TI GO FOR IT MAN !

We would have car shows at my high school once a yr and lucnh form like in-n-out and subway etc and the money would go to the school. anywhere from stereo contests to best oldies. Im sure if you make it happen a lot of peopel will show up.

good luck (being the Don Mecca isnt easy)

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk> Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes< "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 08-19-2004, 04:25 AM

oh jeez, a going into your senior year and you only got the 5mt?

you should have threw down another 2Gs and got the brembos

i'm just messing with you; tell us when and team transport will make an appearance and take your senior girls (over 18 of course) out on a ride

Suicide Kings Racing

Old 08-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

hum...sounds like a great plan. Just need a lot of prepping and so forth. I am pretty sure lots of people on this board will go there and donate to the charity. Just specify which charity. Make sure you give urself and the sponsors lead time./.....probably want to plan this like 2-3 months ahead!

Thats just me

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org

Old 08-19-2004, 02:32 PM

see, this is why you guys rock.... except for the guy who said that i must be kidding.... because even the administration hasnt said that yet... thing is, there is ALWAYS a car show on weekends every once in awhile up here.... i havent gone since its always porches, ferraris, classics, maybe a few muscle cars.... but i always see them around where i live anyways... but its worth checking out if your into that kind of thing!

well, ok, let me go with this systematically...

Jim, "hehe... this (later chosen) charity wouldnt possibly be the "Eddie "kyu" Kim" Raising money to buy mods Charity would it?? "

-haha, never... if I WANTED to take our schools money, i could have, with all the fundraising i ended up doing last year~

Nutty,
"and you might want to get some trophies...hook it up"

-THAT IS A GREAT IDEA... and i'll have to see about the ladies, haha... =P

ZaZa,
"We would have car shows at my high school once a yr and lucnh form like in-n-out and subway etc and the money would go to the school"

-Just gave me another idea, maybe I can have a nearby restaurant to advertise / sponsor us... and how did you organize your events? during school, after school, weekend, etc?

Sam,
" oh jeez, a going into your senior year and you only got the 5mt?"
"tell us when and team transport will make an appearance"

-haha, they make a 5MT? well, i dont have a 5MT, i meant 5AT, whereever i typed it....And SAM, your the man~ thanks bro.

Ed,
"Just specify which charity. Make sure you give urself and the sponsors lead time./.....probably want to plan this like 2-3 months ahead!"

-Ed, this is Eddie, i'm trying to think about charity can pertain most to cars... only thing i can think of is... do toys for tots and invite Jada Toys to come and donate as well.... if you know any other good charities to give to, give me a holler...And I have basically till the end of school...but towards the end of the year gets hectic because of all the people who didnt participate in anything... trying to bring up their grades last min.... -___- ...

*well, if anybody knows how to approach the vendors [should i do a general calling out type letter to all of them or personalized to each company], somebody has to have sponsors on this board or speed shops, maybe willing to come out?

*also, do you think maybe i should take pics of the facilities to send out?*

thanks you guys so much! and please, keep posting and ideas, problems with my logic, or concerns concerning my sanity.... arigato ... aidos!

-Eddie

Old 08-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

I think you should call each company and see what they would donate for a raffle or something. I think that would work well. Perhaps call AEM and say donate an INtake and we will raffle it out. SOmething like.

I think Jada Toys is a good idea. Just make sure you specify what charity you are donating it to. Perhaps you can buy meals for homeless people or do a soup kitchen deal in Downtown LA. There are many charities to donate to. As long its for a good cause i think it'll work. If its something car related even better. Perhaps donate to like an organization which helps stop drunk driving. SOmething like will work or get kids out of racing on the road and do some track event.

SOmething like that

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35lin on 08/19/04 04:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-20-2004, 02:40 AM

very nice ideas... i am seeing a clearer picture of it now... good show Ed, thanks...