Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

What Sound Advice did for me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Sound Advice did for me.

Click the link for pictures along the way. Sond Advice

Check it out!
My car is being sponsored by SOUND ADVICE in Mission Viejo. How that came to be was I went down to his open invitation and I thought we were going to have a Team Transport meeting. I started talking to Rudy and he directed me to John who really listened and was very knowledgeable of what I wanted.

It started out with just the stereo install. I went down the next Saturday and Rudy Josh and John and myself all put our heads together and we came up with I needed a custom trunk.

Well I left there with an Idea wasn't going to have a spare. But that was it Sound Advice (John) had full reign over what was going to be done. I had no idea.

Well during the week I visited Sound Advice to check it out. John and I had been on the phone and he was describing it to me. I had to see. I was very excited.

Here is what the deal entailed:
Pioneer AVIC-N1 Head Unit
JL Audio Front speakers XR 650 csi
JL Audio Rear Speakers TR 650 cxi
Removed Bose 6x9's and opened up rear deck holes for custom sealed box housing (2) JL Audio 8" W3's
JL Audio 500/5 amp
Custom Trunk and all Memphis wiring (that John gave up personally from his own stash. Thanks John! & Shawn!!!!!

If you have any questions or want some kind of setup, call up Rudy (or PM: remami) him at or speak with Josh at Sound Advice: 949-364-6464. Tell them that I sent ya and you'll probably get a nice deal! Great install.... Thanks guys.......

If you want to check it out in person, come to the import shows. I'll be there and all the crew TEAM TRANSPORT REPRESENT!!!!!

<font color=blue>'03 Brilliant Silver w/ Graphite Leather Performance Premium Aerokit </font color=blue>

Old 08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Re: What Sound Advice did for me.

it's nice...but the top 2 pictures don't show....

i'd better check them out soon. is Rudy the owner?

www.cardomain.com/id/axa_g35

Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Sound Advice

Yes, I own the shop with my partner Josh. I am only down there on Saturdays and some Fridays. If you guys need anything PM me or stop by the shop. If I am not there Josh or my bro Yasha can take care of you. The shop number is (949) 364-6464 or click on the "Do you hear me?" for the website.

Thanks,

Rudy

Do you hear me?

Old 08-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Tery I was actually there when your cars dash was in a million pieces. I had a sound system installed for my wife's accord when I noticed this G back there. I asked Yasha is that Tery's G? They all responded you know him?! LOL! Damn that setup looks really sic. It looked a lot nicer with your NOS bottle sitting where the spare tire use to be. Those subs look like it's ready to explode from the box. But I'm telling you man did you see your car before they installed the stereo? Deep inside I was crying cus there was no center console in your car. Hope it turned out the way you liked it.

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 08-17-2004, 11:55 PM

Thanks Glenn, I actually was there when Jason tore it all apart just to get the air box that needed to be modified to let the head unit sit back further. So yes I was crying.

<font color=blue>'03 Brilliant Silver w/ Graphite Leather Performance Premium Aerokit </font color=blue>

Old 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM

Rudy I forgot to mention about the optima battery. Although you were there when that was put in. You might want to tell them about that also.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 PM

I know the pictures came in the when I posted it. But you will see them if you click on the Sound Advice link.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:03 AM
First pic

Ok, I will try this again. Look and see how John molded the trim ring for the head unit in to the once non navi cubby hole. Pretty trick huh?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:11 AM

Pioneer AVIC-N1 closed.
My custom made & painted console to the color of my car. Look closely you will see John molded the trim ring in to the dash so the HU does not stick out.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:19 AM

that's pretty cool...

hey rudy...can you install the Nav-tv unit in G35s with factory navi? i'm trying to look for a place to get that installed with a DVD player and plus few other things....

Old 08-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Sound Advice

Right, Tery. The yellow top Optima took some work to get in the car but we got it in. We did the same for Edward's (G35Lin) car. We also upgraded the factory wiring from the battery terminals for better performance from the battery.

In my opinion, you are way better off in upgrading to a quality deep cycle battery than investing in a capacitor for your system.

Andrew (Irvine78), yes we do install the nav-tv & AV Electronic pieces. Call Josh at the store to set up a time and bring in the parts. (949) 364-6464

Do you hear me?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:29 PM

hmm...i was wondering if you can order the Nav-tv parts....no?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Sound Advice

It sounded like you already had the parts and were looking for installation. Yes we can order the Nav-TV or the AV Elec. piece and dvd players are in stock. Come down on Saturday and we'll price it all out and we'll need a deposit to order the piece for you.

Thanks,

Rudy

Do you hear me?

Old 08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look what a real pro can do...very nice...just one question...how dose it sound?...i know it sound good, but did you try to hook it up without the LOC? and see if there are any difference, i know mine didnt sound close to be "good" on some song tracks with the LOC.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance,
AVIC N1, Volk GT-7

325512-kickass.gif

Old 08-19-2004, 09:44 AM

Rudy, what does he mean by the LOC? It does sound real good. The 8's hit very hard. Sorry but I am not sure what you mean by LOC. If you care to explain otherwise I defer to Rudy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Sound Advice did for me.