Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego members: How's the service dept @ Discover Infiniti-Kearny Mesa/Escondido?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
San Diego members: How's the service dept @ Discover Infiniti-Kearny Mesa/Escondido?

I haven't had to take the G for service yet (too new) but i just wanted to know if the local San Diego infiniti dealers are any good. Any pros and cons? Comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They seem to me more knowledgeable than Hoehn's.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
That's the one in Carlsbad right? why is that? You had personal experience?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Discover on Convoy was pretty good to me and I'm from out of state. They installed my crank pulley about 1 yr ago no questions asked and serviced my car even though it had mods they just couldn't do my alignment too low. I think the longest I waited for a oil change with no appointment was a little over 1hr and they were busy.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've gone to Escondido for service before and they seemed O.K. most of the time. There were a couple of times that they left wholey unsatisfied and I went to Riverside Infiniti and had the service done there no questions asked. I did like that Escondido had an FX35 for a loaner though. I only got it once, but it was fun. I usually only go to Riverside now, but it is just a little further away for me (I live in Temecula) to go rather than Escodido.

Later,

Ray

Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 AM
i no longer go to discover infiniti in escondido. they serviced my brakes (due to a sticking brake caliper) and they preformed the tsb for the rear axle. the service was ok but it wasn't great. i was not able to get a loaner car so that kinda sucked (being that im 20). the real problem is about a month later one of the bolts that holds the caliper to the slide pin came out and my caliper would move when i hit bumps. alli wanted them to do was give me a new bolt. all i got was the, we have no way to know that you didn't touch the brakes. you should try buying one from nissan up where you live (in temecula) i have yet to go back and i wont be going back unless i cant get to anyother dealership for some reason.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys...well seeing as Discover Infiniti in Kearny is the closest to me I'm gonna pay them a visit to see their facility. I also need to buy some touch up paint. The first freakin day i had the car a massive rock hit my roof and chipped my paint! grrrrrrrrrr.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:54 AM
G35 6MT
Arrow so far...

my experience with discover on convoy (kearny mesa) has been good so far, on the phone anyway. i talked to the service guy about the proble i'm havin' with the cd player (damn you left channel). he said he's never heard of it, and has only had problems with the cd's sticking, which somewhat made me warry. but, he did order me a refurbished unit that day and will be installing it in a couple of days when it comes in. we'll see how it goes from there i guess.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Escondido Infiniti = one time i went there for an oil change, my car was like in and out in less then 10 minutes. So i was kinda iffy about it, and I ended up changing it again myself. Plus one of there workers that drove it back to the front was like man you should shave your door handles. WTF bunch of little f*cks work there from what ive seen. But no problems with Kearny mesa so far.

Last edited by twilightG35; 04-14-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Banned
I think that the one on Convoy(Kerney) has been great. I did buy my car there though. They have detailed and filled my car up everytime I have went in and didn't even ask them to do so. I think my sales guy (Richard) hooked my up though. He would tell me everythignwas all set I would go out side to ge in the car ans it was nice and clean and full of gas. They gave me a free teflon coat since they couldn't get some scratches out too.
I have seen guys go in there with surperchargers and get warranty work done. If you are cool and nice to the service guys they will take care of you. If your a dick to them waht can you expect? I would recomend Discover Kerney mesa on Convoy St.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks...I paid the Convoy location a visit for the first time last weekend. i bought some touch up paint. Seemed like a pretty cool place. I just bought touch up paint so I didn't get to expereince their service dept.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:36 PM
G35 6MT
Arrow so far so good...

well, finally took the car in yesterday to get the radio done. the service was pretty good. dave was the guy. they finished the radio and oil change in about 1.5hrs. i did ask him to take a look at the center console in the rear seat, as it popped off, and some of the tabs are enlarged. but i guess they "forgot" about it. i told him again after i got the car back and he said he'd order me a new one and i'd have to bring it back.

but overall a good experience, so far. they did wash my car though (even though i had jus' zainoed it the day before ) i did have a crawford cast plenum, and they didn't say anything to me about it. we'll see...

Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Discover in Kearny Mesa is cool. They don't give out loaners for oil changes. But Infiniti service is damn expensive. No rim scratches, dents, or anything. No problem with mods yet. Then again I haven't had any warranty repair. They even adjusted my pop charger and z-tube so it wouldn't touch the AC line. They probably do good installs but charge $75 an hour. If in SD and need an install, Protocav is the man.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:23 AM
I was trying to find their rates (yes i know i should call). What's the going rate for an oil change there?

Old 04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by SDG35619
I was trying to find their rates (yes i know i should call). What's the going rate for an oil change there?
i jus' got my oil change there and got a discount (not sure if it was a sale or not). but it was around $39 with a discount of around $11.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Diego members: How's the service dept @ Discover Infiniti-Kearny Mesa/Escondido?