Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Question for you SOCAL guys/girls...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for you SOCAL guys/girls...?

Ive never been to SOCAL, but in July, ill be visiting a friend at UCLA for a week. Where are the hot-spots to see all the sick cars i always hear about cruising around the area??? Any suggestions on what to do? where to go? where to eat? Etc etc etc...My buddy knows the area fairly well, but hes a PA boy like me so i doubt hes go the "inside track"...

Any feedback, ideas, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

ALSO, if there are any G35drivers in the UCLA area, holla at me and well meet up! I wont have my car, but ill sure have my camera!!! hahaha

Old 04-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Ive never been to SOCAL, but in July, ill be visiting a friend at UCLA for a week. Where are the hot-spots to see all the sick cars i always hear about cruising around the area??? Any suggestions on what to do? where to go? where to eat? Etc etc etc...My buddy knows the area fairly well, but hes a PA boy like me so i doubt hes go the "inside track"...

ALSO, if there are any G35drivers in the UCLA area, holla at me and well meet up! I wont have my car, but ill sure have my camera!!! hahaha

Come down to the OC...we'll show you a good time!

Old 04-15-2005, 03:57 PM
How far away? The OC like the show? hahaha...isnt that a large area? What is there?

Old 04-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Dude, there isn't anything to do in the OC. Its about an hour south of LA. The OCG's are there, but in terms of activities and places to go, stay in LA. All the clubs and stuff are there. As far as cruising, thats not really a "safe" thing to do in SoCal anymore Just let us know when its a little closer to your arrival and we'll see whats going on.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:05 PM

hey. may i ask where you are staying at? i am thinking around the UCLA area... so i'll recommend some places near the western los angeles region.

- santa monica beach/pier... not really a hot spot, but it's relaxing at night. a small amusement park and some restaurants around there as well. a no go for sausage fests, but a certainly good spot for beach walks with the opposite sex.

- 3rd street promenade... one of the most interesting places in the western los angeles region. great place to eat, shop or watch movies.

- the grove... ok, you'll see few exotics here and what not. just try out the brazillian bbq at the farmer's market within the grove. good eats.

- pink's hot dogs... i suggest you eat there at least once in a lifetime. line wait is similar to a ride in magic mountain. some will agree that it's one of the best hot dogs ever eaten... some will disagree. all in all, it's a historic shop in los angeles. experience it.

- melrose/hollywood... it's a strip of shops like a promenade but with streets. lots of interesting stuff happening... occasionally, you'll see many 'fixed up cars' for the themes of the strip actually cater to younger generations.

- hancock park... just drive around and see some huge *** houses. you'll be transported to a forest suburb in the midwest with colonial themed housing. not many fancy cars though.

if i think of more, i'll add in later...

Old 04-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Wow! Thanks for the quick replys...ill def keep you all posted closer to the time of the trip but im already excited!!! My buddy is a student at UCLA (football player actually) so i guess we are stayin at his place near campus...not exactly sure.

I know one thing, we will be partying hard and getting the most out of our west coast jaunt!

Old 04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Sunset on saturday night.. mondrian, argyle hotel/fenix, dublins, miyagis, skybar, chateau marmont, etc. will all have exotics.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by eldy
Sunset on saturday night.. mondrian, argyle hotel/fenix, dublins, miyagis, skybar, chateau marmont, etc. will all have exotics.

Yep, good 'ol bar hoppin on the sunset strip, park the car and enjoy or take a taxi (not far from UCLA, so not that much).

Old 04-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Eldy hit it right on the nose...get drunk at a bar and then try to get into a club and then when u fail to get into the club (unless its a crappy one, in hwich case you wont have a problem), go to another bar and drink until you pass out. Oh and by the way, the Valley is better than any other part of SoCal...818 fo life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
818 fo life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hollllaaaaaa

Old 04-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to thread-jack you here Pearl, but.......

In the Anaheim to San Diego area - what are the must visit performance shops for the Z/G?

Old 04-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
hm... basically beverly hills will have sick cars too...

yea stay in LA for clubs...

Ed Lin

Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Cool. Sounds like da strip is where we will spend a night or two...and id like to drive around the area and see the sights (touristy i know)...Bev Hills sounds cool! MAybe ill see Paris Hilton or something! woop-dee-doo.

Actually yall, exotics really dont do it for me....dont get me wrong, ima car nut who will stare at a ferrari or lambo all day, BUT, i just always hear about the SOCAL area being loaded with tons of crazy modded JDM super-cars and i wanna see them in person....is this true? am i in the right area? Oh well...its a long way offf, but im pumped...

Old 04-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Cool. Sounds like da strip is where we will spend a night or two...and id like to drive around the area and see the sights (touristy i know)...Bev Hills sounds cool! MAybe ill see Paris Hilton or something! woop-dee-doo.

Actually yall, exotics really dont do it for me....dont get me wrong, ima car nut who will stare at a ferrari or lambo all day, BUT, i just always hear about the SOCAL area being loaded with tons of crazy modded JDM super-cars and i wanna see them in person....is this true? am i in the right area? Oh well...its a long way offf, but im pumped...

Yea JDM rice...the exotics are what your going to see on the strip with the occasional ricer just passing by or "cruising".

Old 04-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Here is a sample of who you'll see on the sunset strip...(my friend's pics).

http://community.webshots.com/album/258546061yIAwdt

Not Paris Hilton, but damn close.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for you SOCAL guys/girls...?