Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony,

Actually since I work with Excel most of the day at work anyway, you can send me all the files in whatever text format the Dynapack program spits out and I can import them into Excel. It's not very difficult. Just time consuming. You can tweak the Excel files afterward to get the chart to display data you find interesting.

Thanks,

Eldridge

Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by eldy
Tony,

Actually since I work with Excel most of the day at work anyway, you can send me all the files in whatever text format the Dynapack program spits out and I can import them into Excel. It's not very difficult. Just time consuming. You can tweak the Excel files afterward to get the chart to display data you find interesting.

Thanks,

Eldridge
"I work with Excel most of the day at work anyway"
Hehe... Yeah me too. PM me your adress and I can send you your files. But I don't think it will be so easy to open. They really arent in a familiar format. You'll see ... Try opening it up and its looks like a JPG file opened in note pad. Nothing but junk charecters. If you can somehow open them I'll send you the whole bunch of them.

When I can get the Dynapack viewer loaded into my computer I can then try to export it to Excel for real analysis. That's if it will even allow it. I would have tried this already but I have been working 12 hours days since the dyno day.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Tony,

I think there was a misunderstanding. I meant whatever character delineatedformat that Dynapack _viewer_ program (on the cd) exports to. Just so that you don't have to make all the individual runs into charts yourself using Excel. You can just tweak them afterwards.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
heres more on my dyno if anyones interested

Old 07-19-2005, 01:53 PM
that's the thing eldy, they are not character delimited files.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by jrookie
Hey guys,

Great meet! . . .Tony, the files I got were regular space-separated text files. Maybe you can get Shawn to e-mail you the "normal" text files. . .
I'm not talking about the actual files that the Dynapack program natively saves to! I'm sure it is able to export the files as a space delimited text file so that the data can be plotted using different programs. All the Excel charts I've seen aren't all just estimates from dyno printouts, are they?

Last edited by eldy; 07-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Eldy,
No, I havn't been able to open them yet. They certaintly won't open as an ascii file and can't be imported into excell. I need to use the disk Shawn gave me to start the process but havn't had a chance to install it yet.

I'll get on it ASAP!
Tony
Too busy working on the next performance mod!
Mad Mod Wiz at work

Old 07-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey guys. Had fun hanging out. Nice to see the old faces and meet the new ones. I don't have my numbers in front of me but I think I did a ~278hp & ~257ftlb. Still trying to hit 280 Damn it! I think its possible to hit 280 on the right day. Dave O helped me locate a bit of a "ping" at ~6Krpm. So I'm going to install colder plugs.

Avo,
Hope you can find a way to post the vid you have....or maybe you can e-mail it to me.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:36 PM
with the help of areodyne and gurgen, i hope to figure out the boost spike and why the motor is running lean. it would be great to have another dyno event. i went to church's a few months ago and got a decent pull, but the engine was running too lean this time. i'll be there at the next meet to to see what the PE TT can produce. it was nice to meet some of the G family.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
AHH MY RIMS! Those guys at church need some better sockets or more care when putting the rims back on! Can anyone PM me the number for those guys? Didnt notice it til i washed today..

edit: found their number on the dyno sheet, anyone know who was incharge at the day of the dyno? also both rears were damage and i have a bunch of dents in one of the lugs O.O

Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by eldy
I'm not talking about the actual files that the Dynapack program natively saves to! I'm sure it is able to export the files as a space delimited text file so that the data can be plotted using different programs. All the Excel charts I've seen aren't all just estimates from dyno printouts, are they?
No, but I think that we may have basically gotte nthe wrong format output from Shawn, not the delimited one that Clint used to get.

with the help of areodyne and gurgen, i hope to figure out the boost spike and why the motor is running lean. it would be great to have another dyno event. i went to church's a few months ago and got a decent pull, but the engine was running too lean this time. i'll be there at the next meet to to see what the PE TT can produce. it was nice to meet some of the G family.
No sweat George...we'll figure it out in no time. Just get the pump and call me, we'll do some tests and get to the bottom of it. A fuel pressure guage maybe a decent investment, but not necessary (as you won't use it much aside from tuning and mayeb monitoring it during track days where a loss of fuel pressure is more likely to occur during a WOT condition, which is more likely to go lean and blow the engine).

Hey guys. Had fun hanging out. Nice to see the old faces and meet the new ones. I don't have my numbers in front of me but I think I did a ~278hp & ~257ftlb. Still trying to hit 280 Damn it! I think its possible to hit 280 on the right day. Dave O helped me locate a bit of a "ping" at ~6Krpm. So I'm going to install colder plugs.
Ruben, I'd love to see your dyno data, maybe I could comment on smth. MOre of us should have been using mine or Dave's techtom unit to read the timing that the engine puts out.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
gurgen,

yes, shawn gave us the files directly from the hard drive and provided tony a cd with a run viewer program. he did not export the dyno data into text files because he would have had to do over one hundred individual operations.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Gurgen,
When I get a chance I'll scan it in.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
MOre of us should have been using mine or Dave's techtom unit to read the timing that the engine puts out.
Gurgen... I went to Techno Square today (trying to even out my AFR and steady the timing, all is well now)... Brian said "hi" and "tell Gurgen I want my Techtom back".

Don't shoot the messenger I'm just realying what Brian asked.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Gurgen... I went to Techno Square today (trying to even out my AFR and steady the timing, all is well now)... Brian said "hi" and "tell Gurgen I want my Techtom back".

Don't shoot the messenger I'm just realying what Brian asked.
Hehe, thanks for teh message... I know, I have been holding on to that thing forever now... I will see him, I am sure he was half-joking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So Cal Dyno Day